Soul Searching and HIV

T800
Galaxy: Helion

Soul Searching and HIV

Postby T800 » Wed 28 Mar, 2012 17:07

The teens were infected from the beginning, the infection has killed the host. HIV is about dead in the water. I know, I lost a top 40 fleet rank in return for a top 40 rank in EXP. Its as bad as it gets.
:neutral2:

To play on or not to play on, that is the question, not just for me (I'm a nobody) but also for HIV as a guild.

Grats to LOVE btw, they pulled off a really nice operation. I probly could have escaped it, but alas, I was on vacation for spring break :( :boohoo:

So anyway, what to do? What is HIV's best option. Make new pacts? Sue for terms? Merge, Disband?

And while we're at it, I've got to decide what to do myself, what is the best course of action for rebuilding?
This is indeed time for deep soul searching.

Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix

Re: Soul Searching and HIV

Postby Rekronoa » Wed 28 Mar, 2012 20:00

You yourself should rebuild and help your guildmates fight off occs.

H-IV as a whole needs to clean up players that don't do anything, and start getting more active if they want to survive.

I am Rekronoa
F: OoR
T800

Postby T800 » Fri 30 Mar, 2012 00:02

So here is a bit of the stuff going on HIV's boards. HIV is currently weighing new pact options.....

This is not to poke fun and HIV at all, this is just for your and my amusement as I let my e-tears ooze out and whipe them away before anyone can see them.

self wrote:and that is also exactly what LOVE does, the elite players get frustrated that not everyone can be online like all day and they go to LOVE, where there are more elite players to back them up that sit up there on their mountain and fart all day and come down to [*] on the lower guilds.

They do it all with a veneer of class of course, and always execute perfectly. It is a natural eco system that seems to develop quickly when all the older servers jump to the new ones, the elite players sit, sim, farm, fart, and then go fondle the rest.

Why does what is best for WHY, exactly what every guild should do.

We did what was best for us, and we farmed WHY cuz we had imunity from LOVE, that was sort of [*], but also fair.

Dont complain that WHY is now accepting recruits that just got [*] ON by LOVE.
Last edited by AJam on Fri 30 Mar, 2012 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Filter Bypass Removed x3

Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Postby Sea_Dawg » Fri 30 Mar, 2012 12:35

Good tears.

idk if current H-IV can be considered H-IV. Would rather remember how it was back in the day.

lol

Quit all but H.
T800

Postby T800 » Fri 30 Mar, 2012 15:21

e-tears that had to be shed, thanks for listening. I am interested to see how the votes all come out.

I think soon another guild will be plumping up, LOVE might get some more players as well, hard to say what will happen, some guys just hate the top dogs, won't go, others are indifferent and then join you later, but in the end, without something to destabilize the server, LOVE will keep growing.
:nonono

Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rekronoa » Fri 30 Mar, 2012 20:27

I would imagine H-IV's top players will join LOVE, and the others will either delete their accounts, or join a farm guild.

I am Rekronoa
Lyra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lyra » Fri 30 Mar, 2012 22:40

LOVE will not "continue growing".
We have internal limits, which at the moment we have exceeded. That will change as people drop out, move on or whatever. We also have a healthy influx of new players from other servers.
So we keep the spirit alive in guild.
BUT we are only 163 people.
And we will not be heading north of that any time soon

Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: H: SotL
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby Sage » Sat 31 Mar, 2012 00:12

H-IV should merge with WHY! IMHO... It would help Create a real opponent for LOVE/RD

That... or the unlikely alternative that RD will back stab LOVE and start a new Server War (HIGHLY Unlikely).

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!

H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rekronoa » Sat 31 Mar, 2012 01:42

Lyra wrote:LOVE will not "continue growing".
We have internal limits, which at the moment we have exceeded. That will change as people drop out, move on or whatever. We also have a healthy influx of new players from other servers.
So we keep the spirit alive in guild.
BUT we are only 163 people.
And we will not be heading north of that any time soon

So you're saying you aren't taking any H-IV members in? That's odd. I can see at least three of them.

Sage wrote:H-IV should merge with WHY! IMHO... It would help Create a real opponent for LOVE/RD

That... or the unlikely alternative that RD will back stab LOVE and start a new Server War (HIGHLY Unlikely).

WHY! might take in a couple H-IV members, but not very many. Even if we did, WHY! would still be at a huge disadvantage and be accepting players into the guild that could be farms for us.

RD and LOVE are buddies for life. They won't be fighting one another for a long long time, if ever.

I am Rekronoa
Lyra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lyra » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 21:24

Rekronoa wrote:So you're saying you aren't taking any H-IV members in? That's odd. I can see at least three of them

Where did I say that?
I'm saying we are not accepting uncle Tom Cobbley and all his mates. We have taken a small number of people with whom we have ties of various sorts from this server and others. We are full. We are also not a rest home.

Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rekronoa » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 05:48

I assumed when you said that LOVE will not continue growing, you meant that you won't be taking anyone in. That's kind of what it translates out to.

I am Rekronoa
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Postby Sea_Dawg » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 09:35

What it means is that we trim our fat regularly, and numbers will most likely only go down from here once more.

As for taking recruits, we do it on a case by case basis, with member recommendations and input often sought.

Quit all but H.
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: The Art Of War
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Glaurung » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 06:07

HIV 'top players' as Rekronoa said, joined LOVE so they dont need to fight bigger powers OR because they dont want to fight at all.

We shall call them just HIV players, without 'top' as they are not such.

Especially Panda (lately some different name), who was also an early HIV and now claiming he became so good in LOVE.Thats probably why hes banging FCs into defenses. :)

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rekronoa » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 12:21

That's what all the pros do nowadays.

I am Rekronoa
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: The Art Of War
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Glaurung » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 19:18

Rekronoa wrote:That's what all the pros do nowadays.

So, a player is not worthy when he/she refuses to lick the boots of LOVE or RD and stay in his own guild in times of crisis?

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.

Return to “Helion”