Why Not Do Something?

Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix

Why Not Do Something?

Postby Rekronoa » Tue 28 Aug, 2012 09:26

This server is slowly getting more and more inactive. Even LOVE and RD are going to lose players if this server keeps heading down the same road.

Why don't we do something and try to make Helion a fun place to play again? Very few players are playing this server and enjoying it. Others are only hanging on because they have put too much time into their accounts, or they keep hoping eventually Helion will change.

Lets try to get a discussion going and find a way to bring life back into Helion.

I am Rekronoa
F: OoR
Dj range
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Gamma - STEEL
Lyra-Amigo
Galaxy: Lyra

Re: Why Not Do Something?

Postby Dj range » Tue 28 Aug, 2012 11:47

its past the no going back stage now :P even if we wanted to it cant be changed now

Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rekronoa » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:45

Honestly it is all up to LOVE/RD. Unless they want a change, the server never will.

My question to them is, why continue playing like you are in Helion when you have already won it? You guys have proved yourselves to be the best in the server.

I am Rekronoa
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby SICON » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 17:16

I actually restarted in Helion again BECAUSE it was the most inactive server. With just about everyone above level 40, perhaps I can build up my technology and bases in peace. I hate having to build up too much fleet prematurely...

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
plex
Guild: H:GOON
M:~HH~

Postby plex » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 18:16

I've pretty much given up hope of Helion ever changing. The only way I see it happening is if RD and LOVE declare on each other and I think there's too much cross server stuff going on for that to ever happen. Even if there weren't, why would they? It's not like they have a responsibility to make sure the rest of us losers have fun.

A friend and I were tossing aroud an idea wherein we'd have some little skirmishes with say 5-10 members (+ JG accounts) and a 200 mil fleet limit, with like 5 guilds involved across a neutral cluster. I dunno if that'd be practical or not though, there'd definitely have to be co-operation amongst LOVE/RD.

SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby SICON » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 23:17

plex wrote:I've pretty much given up hope of Helion ever changing. The only way I see it happening is if RD and LOVE declare on each other and I think there's too much cross server stuff going on for that to ever happen. Even if there weren't, why would they? It's not like they have a responsibility to make sure the rest of us losers have fun.

A friend and I were tossing aroud an idea wherein we'd have some little skirmishes with say 5-10 members (+ JG accounts) and a 200 mil fleet limit, with like 5 guilds involved across a neutral cluster. I dunno if that'd be practical or not though, there'd definitely have to be co-operation amongst LOVE/RD.
You mean, have a war between the smaller powers with the permission and blessing of the LOVE/RD alliance? I could see where that would lead...they'd give their approval and assurance not to interfere, then, once all the factions have blown each other to atoms, they would move in and till up ALL the ground of the lesser factions into farms.

Here's a question. Are the LOVE/RD people even having any fun playing this server anymore? If so, how are they having fun? By watching their fleet counts, technology, and econ increase indefinitely? At the end of the day, it's just a number, but so is all this game. In my humble opinion, competition makes the game exciting.

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Postby Sea_Dawg » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 00:25

LOVE and RD lose a member every month or so. Usually from inactivity. Most players who quit give their accounts back to the guild and are given new owners though (at least in LOVE, can't talk for RD) so we always have some new blood.

Plenty of our players still have fun. It's not hard to find targets if you look, despite guild such as WHY consistently sending on 700-1khr trips (they often recall trap themselves). Many of our members however are now older with jobs, families and other commitments so AE takes the back seat, and they are happy to sim.

As for your idea of smaller 200mill fleet ops etc, we would have to discuss it, but doubt it would ever include WHY (our promise way back from H24 war to them was given that they would be farmed into eternity for promising then withdrawing gates).
By watching their fleet counts, technology, and econ increase indefinitely? At the end of the day, it's just a number, but so is all this game. In my humble opinion, competition makes the game exciting.
A lot of our players do enjoy rank whoring. Just as a lot of the players in the smaller guilds enjoy Pring building and figting occs. Many players enjoy the game in different ways.

Quit all but H.
Dj range
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Gamma - STEEL
Lyra-Amigo
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby Dj range » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 00:47

i enjoy the guerrilla style warfare we have with LOVE :mrgreen:

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: The Art Of War
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Glaurung » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 19:55

I have the ability and skills to (perma)farm about 40% of HGG in Ceti.Alone ofc. :lol:

Nice eh?

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rekronoa » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 10:59

I heard Ceti is basically Helion, but LOVE/RD would be one guild, and no one else would have fleet.

I am Rekronoa
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 11:21

Thats correct.Server is expected to drop below 1k players end of 2012 if we dont do something.Brainless exploitation leads to destruction.Finest example is the global fishing industry that in 40 years made oceans almost empty of fish.AE works on similar model.

And yes, despite I made my career from the smallest guild in Ceti to the VGM position of the top guild HeiHo, which gave me an idea how a farm player feels, I contributed well to the current server conditions in the name of profit.Sad that good farms are now almost extinct species.

Am I right, Sea_Dawg? :lol:

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 13:58

Doesn't matter how good they are. Apart from a few bases and killing some rcs and a fleet every now and then when someone gets too complacent they can't do much.

Quit all but H.
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 05:48

Good farm is not one that makes kills lol (we had 7k players in C when I joned and 9k in Helion, pacifist farms were plenty in the past).Such farms we lack in C and you in H.Second, of course its not going to happen, its like A51 (HGG guild in Ceti) to beat HeiHo with its 30 bil fleet.Thats impossible, even if all A51 are replaced by Kris 4.0 AE-bots. :lol:

Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal

Postby Purge » Sun 09 Sep, 2012 00:06

Q: What happens when the sea shepherds try to stop alaskan crab fishing?

A: Helion.

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Sun 09 Sep, 2012 19:21

System

Fail comment detected.

Return to “Helion”