Why Not Do Something?

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: The Art Of War
Galaxy: Ceti

Re: Why Not Do Something?

Postby Glaurung » Sat 22 Sep, 2012 18:06

Bwahahahaha I would be very surprised if "Yes", but hey, we are going to do it the other way.Dont worry boss! :D

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Mr Brass
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RD]
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Mr Brass » Mon 01 Oct, 2012 21:02

Tsedeqiah wrote:So, if you've won the server and now you've retired Helion to your e-shelf while actively playing on newer servers, can you all just either delete your accounts on Helion or go permanently inactive so we can farm your accounts? I believe that would be a win/win for everyone at this point. LOVE/RD needs to leave Helion. We know you won, now get out of here and let the rest of us have our fun. This is a video game, after all. You guys operate with such seriousness that you'd think the game developers hired you to play their game as a career.

1. This is incredibly inept. "Instead of the loser going and starting a new account on a new server, how about you winners leave and let us losers plunder your trophy accounts".
2. "This is a video game" is true. So... how about you quit whining and start an account on a new server. Let it go.
3. Wait, so LOVE/RD being able to sim safely, the only guilds able to do so, is somehow them "playing their game as a career"? How are the easiest accounts to play on the server somehow the most "serious"?
4. Meh.

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Tue 02 Oct, 2012 17:18

Hey, I really like this RD guy.

Btw server is at the state of: Create a young account, kill a FT and you are in the top 900 exp.

Oh LOVE, you do it just great! Now you can merge with HeiHo in Ceti and sim for eternity! :lol:

P.S. I had to kill fleets and bases like crazy to gain ~2.6 mil exp I needed to enter the rank list of my 1st server few years ago.

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Short Stack
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: OFACE
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Short Stack » Thu 04 Oct, 2012 02:26

*Looks at Helion P&W for anything of significance*

Sadly there isn't.

Retired: A: R.D.M H: LOVE L: USSV N: SS
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Thu 04 Oct, 2012 05:39

People like you made it that way.

Now get back to making people quit business.

Short Stack
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: OFACE
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Short Stack » Sun 07 Oct, 2012 17:06

I'll be glad to.

Retired: A: R.D.M H: LOVE L: USSV N: SS
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Wed 10 Oct, 2012 05:22

2013 you will have to fill your queues by trying to farm level 50 accounts without fleets. If they still there to "play" ofc, which I doubt.

Aliens from Mars
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Forever USSV
A2: Inc
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Aliens from Mars » Sun 04 Nov, 2012 06:11

Lol at HeiHo guy not taking the medicine he's doling out in Ceti.

First, I do not advocate or espouse the view point that the goal of the game is to dominate the server so much that you are effectively untouchable.

Second, if complete server dominance is your goal: go for it, I'm not going to tell you how to get your kicks. I will work to stop you from doing that, as it causes upgraded accounts and players to leave this indie game, quickening its demise.

Third, if you're in HeiHo, then face some facts: LOVE/RD dominated their server before you, despite HeiHo having several years head start, they did it with less allies and with better leadership (this is just a juxtaposition, there are other leaders I'd argue are better). They knew the consequences of their actions, they achieved their intended result. HeiHo finally joined the server killer club, belatedly albeit, and with a considerable lack of awareness of the consequences. Don't come to other servers and tell them how to play: you had your chance to craft the fate of Ceti, and you decided to kill the server. You were responsible for it, much as LOVE/RD are responsible for Helion. You and they are caretakers and stewards, nothing more.

Fourth, it's just a game. Make a fun guild, chill with fun people (addiction to anime/traps recommended), go on ops. If you're not having fun, or if the stewards of your server aren't maintaining it, vote with your account. There are other servers and other stewards who will be happy to accommodate you and include you in shaping their server. At the end of the day, if you're not having fun, this isn't the game for you.

Fifth (and finally), to those who use David Sirlin's book "Playing to Win" to justify what they do: 1) Playing to Win only works if you enrich the community by doing Playing to Win, otherwise you're just being a cancer, and destroying the community you're playing in. 2) David Sirlin expressly rules out cheating as acceptable. 'Winning at all costs" and "Playing to Win" are two very different and meaningful mindsets.

Sandor/FBB: i logged iff placesn fine from 3 diff places in uk (< classic sandy!)

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Sun 04 Nov, 2012 13:28

aliens from mars wrote:Lol at HeiHo guy not taking the medicine he's doling out in Ceti.

First, I do not advocate or espouse the view point that the goal of the game is to dominate the server so much that you are effectively untouchable.

Second, if complete server dominance is your goal: go for it, I'm not going to tell you how to get your kicks. I will work to stop you from doing that, as it causes upgraded accounts and players to leave this indie game, quickening its demise.

Third, if you're in HeiHo, then face some facts: LOVE/RD dominated their server before you, despite HeiHo having several years head start, they did it with less allies and with better leadership (this is just a juxtaposition, there are other leaders I'd argue are better). They knew the consequences of their actions, they achieved their intended result. HeiHo finally joined the server killer club, belatedly albeit, and with a considerable lack of awareness of the consequences. Don't come to other servers and tell them how to play: you had your chance to craft the fate of Ceti, and you decided to kill the server. You were responsible for it, much as LOVE/RD are responsible for Helion. You and they are caretakers and stewards, nothing more.

Fourth, it's just a game. Make a fun guild, chill with fun people (addiction to anime/traps recommended), go on ops. If you're not having fun, or if the stewards of your server aren't maintaining it, vote with your account. There are other servers and other stewards who will be happy to accommodate you and include you in shaping their server. At the end of the day, if you're not having fun, this isn't the game for you.

Fifth (and finally), to those who use David Sirlin's book "Playing to Win" to justify what they do: 1) Playing to Win only works if you enrich the community by doing Playing to Win, otherwise you're just being a cancer, and destroying the community you're playing in. 2) David Sirlin expressly rules out cheating as acceptable. 'Winning at all costs" and "Playing to Win" are two very different and meaningful mindsets.

0. LOL at one LOVE guy finally active.

1. I dont care about your point of view.I am here to have fun and I am receiving it in massive doses because people like you.

2. I am working against stx from day 0 (with 1 month pause between transition of accounts) and I wont stop.Why not you join BSMF in Ceti?I can arrange you a head start with old account.

3. Our goal in Ceti was to defeat the no.1 power which we did.My goal in Helion is to oppose the no.1 power and its what I do since the beginning.

4.LOL

5.More lulz.

Cheers!

Aliens from Mars
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Forever USSV
A2: Inc
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Aliens from Mars » Mon 05 Nov, 2012 00:26

Again, congratulations on your fail

Sandor/FBB: i logged iff placesn fine from 3 diff places in uk (< classic sandy!)

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Tue 06 Nov, 2012 07:24

More laughs you just provide.

My signature is solid proof backed now.

Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Postby Sea_Dawg » Tue 06 Nov, 2012 14:22

Pretty sure your just a bitter troll Glaurung, as are most of you farms who post on here.

Tis the reason most people don't post on here (as well as the fact nothing much really happens apart from the usual farming/suicides).

Should think through and put more effort into your responses if you actually want people to post.

Just sayin'

See you all again in 6 months or so..

Quit all but H.
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby SICON » Thu 08 Nov, 2012 20:09

Sea_Dawg wrote:Pretty sure your just a bitter troll Glaurung, as are most of you farms who post on here.

Tis the reason most people don't post on here (as well as the fact nothing much really happens apart from the usual farming/suicides).

Should think through and put more effort into your responses if you actually want people to post.

Just sayin'

See you all again in 6 months or so..

I'm level 29 on Helion, but I post on here all the time. I guess in a month or so once I decide to cross level 30, I can join the bitter troll farm club too! Believe me, I can't wait to start warring with you server-destroying killjoys.

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
Pancho_Villa
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: FAIL
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Pancho_Villa » Thu 15 Nov, 2012 21:20

LOL Helion.

Always good for a laugh.

McCloud wrote:I hope someone farms you off of alpha.
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:34

Pancho_Villa wrote:LOL Helion.

Always good for a laugh.

This is my answer, Dawg. :)

See you around.

Return to “Helion”