RD

Hayley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: RD

Postby Hayley » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 05:14

Black built a great community of gamers; he built and fostered friendships.

Sometimes people quit playing but they still stay friends....

Black had every right to end what he started in order to preserve its memory; RD has always belonged to him and the OG and the people who maintained it throughout its lifetime. If you do not understand that, you are free to disagree and create your own guild.

DeityLord
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Trolling for spacetears, again.

Postby DeityLord » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 05:18

Gamblor, you've proven yourself to be a good and loyal e-friend so my serious business response to those thoughts:

I've always been transparent about how I feel about traitors and backstabbers. Hell, entry into RD meant that if you backstabbed me on H or any other server I would execute you on all servers. Some people believe different servers means you can backstab - I have never expressed being okay with it. Of the many years I've played text-based games I have never backstabbed anyone and imo that is something that a lot of leaderships appreciate. On the same token, having such a predictable nature means I need an edge elsewhere to stay competitive. You aren't competitive if you are honest to allies AND roll over when you are backstabbed.

So in regards to Mr. Turquoise being backstabbed I take it personally. If you were a GM whereas fell victim to someone pretending to be your friend, I'd have your back in a heartbeat. If you so remember when MD backstabbed Dread and the lowers came to the 20s, I backed you guys up against challenging odds rather than side with MD.

The end result from my tenure as an AE gamer is many trustworthy friends and a loyal membership base. Axing people that I couldn't trust isn't simply serving yourself but it serves the group that entrusts you with their accounts.

So I leave it to you to decide your own playing style but I don't and never will regret my philosophical position on e-leadership.

And I would also notate that if I were still active, you, Ms. Yellow, and many others would have been invited to the Love merge. But it's no longer my call in that regard.

Star_Ravan
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ceti: Om~Lo
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Star_Ravan » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:06

I got pointed to this thread by someone on another server. I have to say schaadenfreude is bittersweet.
DeityLord wrote:I've always been transparent about how I feel about traitors and backstabbers. Hell, entry into RD meant that if you backstabbed me on H or any other server I would execute you on all servers. Some people believe different servers means you can backstab - I have never expressed being okay with it. Of the many years I've played text-based games I have never backstabbed anyone and imo that is something that a lot of leaderships appreciate. On the same token, having such a predictable nature means I need an edge elsewhere to stay competitive. You aren't competitive if you are honest to allies AND roll over when you are backstabbed.
OK, I'll admit it, I remember backstabbers across servers.
So in regards to Mr. Turquoise being backstabbed I take it personally. If you were a GM whereas fell victim to someone pretending to be your friend, I'd have your back in a heartbeat. If you so remember when MD backstabbed Dread and the lowers came to the 20s, I backed you guys up against challenging odds rather than side with MD.
Really? Where were you when HIV got screwed by Stelli and her little lackey Catia, probably at the behest of RD or LOVE? Oh, yeah...
The end result from my tenure as an AE gamer is many trustworthy friends and a loyal membership base. Axing people that I couldn't trust isn't simply serving yourself but it serves the group that entrusts you with their accounts.

So I leave it to you to decide your own playing style but I don't and never will regret my philosophical position on e-leadership.

And I would also notate that if I were still active, you, Ms. Yellow, and many others would have been invited to the Love merge. But it's no longer my call in that regard.
Seriously, there are only a few people I will not play with on any server. Those are the people who take pleasure in sinking a knife into you and/or your guild and then twisting it until it breaks off at the hilt.

Otherwise, someone who is an opponent on one server can easily be an ally on another - there's no conflict, it's a game. 'Hey, you were fun to fight against on XX, how about we join the same guild on YY?' That's not a betrayal, that's making friends across guilds.

Oh, and Lyra? Your post was very similar when HIV got shafted. How do you sleep at night?

Ceti: [Om~Lo] Professor Ravan Helion: [HIV] Hrafn <- Gone!
Carpal Tunnel sucks Yellow Cards Worn With Pride
DeityLord
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Trolling for spacetears, again.

Postby DeityLord » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:45

I think people read into things far more than I'm explaining. I don't see how HIV is relevant here when RD never liked them.

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: The Art Of War

Postby Glaurung » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 14:47

HIV never liked RD as well.

The idea above is: RD died exactly the way HIV did. The obedient servants went to LOVE, noobs took control as the original members quit or ended in WHY and ruined the guild as they had no idea how to run a guild.

RB/exRD/ seems walkin in HIV footsteps, some RD ended in WHY and the simmers and servants ended in LOVE.The rest deleted...

The big winner is LOVE, defeating all enemies and, most important, their allies.

Thats all. :)

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Enki
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Enki » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 16:58

FWIW some of us tried to talk down the ppl causing trouble for LOVE, obviously to no avail. but in the end there is a bit of poetry to the way RD ended - chaotic and messy, everyone shooting each other, just like the movie.

I was not OG RD but have played with many of them for a few years now, and have been in RD almost 2 years. tbh the only reason I enjoyed this game, in the end, was because of how those players treated this game - not just pixels and virtual spaceboats and derbs, but as a way to e-interact that was a bit more meaningful than simply pushing buttons. it made the game enjoyable well beyond what I expected it to be. I decided at some point a few years ago that what Mr. Black started - what he described above as a family oriented loyalty to the end - was very much the reason I played this game. I tried myself to follow that model and it made things more than fun. it got a bit lost on K at some point which is part of why I quit there, but also the primary reason why I stayed on H.

It's a sad day, that RD has died, but to be perfectly honest I don't see any other way it could have ended. When I heard that Diety wanted RD disbanded my first thought was, well that's absolutely his call to make so I will adapt ... I am glad that I have made the e-friends I have, and will see where this takes me. as for the complaints, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. bummer about some of the casualties but then again, they happen.

just my 2 cents.

~Ghost Council
PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Postby PowerVerde » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 23:33

Glaurung wrote: The big winner is LOVE, defeating all enemies and, most important, their allies.
LOVE allies arent defeated, they are in LOVE
The ones defeated where clearly not allies.

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)
Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 12:21

PowerVerde wrote:
Glaurung wrote: The big winner is LOVE, defeating all enemies and, most important, their allies.
LOVE allies arent defeated, they are in LOVE
The ones defeated where clearly not allies.
I believe we are speaking about allied guilds, not players. :)

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
Dalyx
Guild: WoG
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Dalyx » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 13:49

*beats on Deity*

LOL...wtf are you explaining stuff? :p

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 14:17

@ the people QQing about how it went down:

Have none of you actually watched Reservoir Dogs? This is pretty much the only way it could have ended.

Ace Rimmer wrote:DeityLord your beginning to sound like Addex... hold on you are Addex spin it elsewhere where it matters.
Eh. He sounded like this when Addex was still Maddex.
thenonbeliever wrote:You are such a douche.
Were you in RD? Because that would explain why it died.

Ms Yellow

Postby Ms Yellow » Fri 13 Sep, 2013 14:49

DeityLord wrote:And I would also notate that if I were still active, you, Ms. Yellow, and many others would have been invited to the Love merge. But it's no longer my call in that regard.
Mr. Black, when you give your blessing, support and assistance to a set of actions, then you have to take responsibility for all of the outcomes.

Also friends usually talk in private, not through the megaphone of an ae forum.

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Glaurung » Fri 13 Sep, 2013 15:29

We ARE Awesome! Go Helion, go!

Players: 736
Online: 56

Lyra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lyra » Sat 14 Sep, 2013 00:43

DeityLord wrote:And I would also notate that if I were still active, you, Ms. Yellow, and many others would have been invited to the Love merge. But it's no longer my call in that regard.
If you were still active a great many things would have been been different.

Reason
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Depends on the week.
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Reason » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:07

I read all of this, but I'm not going to talk about any of it because who gives a *beep*, really.

The important thing to remember is that RD was the greatest guild on this or any other server, and this is by miles. Further, I am the greatest human being to ever, EVER grace this stupid-*beep* planet.

Just things to keep in mind.

k?

Mr Brass
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RD]
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Mr Brass » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 02:43

Old School RD was a great gaming experience.

Nostalgic props out to my color-brothers.

Return to “Helion”