Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: CRY
Galaxy: Drako

Re: Server Agreement

Postby Critor » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 19:12

IXYDeal :

Code: Select all

1. 1v1 wars( max guild fleet difference of attacker must not be above 25% of declared total fleet size ), Declaration and TOS needs to be made.

2. War guilds (OP guilds ) are allowed under the following rules :
 2.1 war guilds cannot declare war against guilds that has less than 115% of the war guilds total fleet size
 2.2 if Levis are part of the war guilds the limit is 120 %

3. No perma occ-ing except at times of war, once time duration ended, leave 1 FT

4. Raiding is allowed under the following rules
 4.1 total Fleets in a system below 5% of total target guild fleets can be attacked anywhere without declaring war
 4.2. a total of 15 bases in a single galaxy can be occupied without having to declare war

5. Guild size max 100

6. NAP -max of 2 no mdp.

Suiciders = account becomes a farm account. (please don't give excuse saying account is hacked, if you are worried about it, change your password and keep it safe) Don't think this is a rule as no one likes suiciders

breakers of rules = 2 guilds zerg against the breaker
MD can sign to this !

ImageCo-GM of MD/ Founder of CRYON, Retired Co-Founder of CRUEL
Call Me Ahab
Guild: G STEEL
I WOYS
J 1st
K BoW

Postby Call Me Ahab » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 19:18

You lot do make me giggle so.... :biglaugh:

I come to have a look on how the agreement was coming along as i just wanna get things in place and get some ops going for my guild and low and behold, no sign of any final or near final agreement, just a buncha little kids (on both sides) stamping their feet and shouting WAAA WAAAA WAAAAAA..!!!!!!!!

How is anyone on Ixion expected to take any sort of server agreement seriously when it's being compiled by such a bunch of spoilt little brats, grow up and think of someone else other than number 1 for a change.

If the top 100 players are supposed to be so bloody great and enlightened then how come they can't carry out such a simple task...!?!?!

Either get this thing sorted or i'll write one and see if i can do it any quicker and better, Jeezz!!

Love, Hugs and kisses to those that know me XOXOX :dance:

And middle fingers to those that don't :bleh:

thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [-Z-]vgm
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby thedarklord187 » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:52

well lets take a look so far .....

UCY is currently nappd with... wait for it.... everyone
And as stated on this server pact thing wars should be 1 v 1 anyways
Clearly not because kor have stole 20+ of bulldogs occs, lycan are providing ucy gates and xxx and md are obviously napped to them

The truth is MDK is still around just controlled by phiman now and they picked up friends along the way...

<><><><><>Guild:{-Z-}<><><><><>
elementalest
Guild: $$$

Postby elementalest » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 14:40

We tried something like this on kappa a while ago. It took ages to get something people would settle on and it was very similar to the current proposal of rules. There were always arguments on what the agreement meant, grey area's and new additions to the rules that confused everyone. The guilds and players were breaking rules and claiming ignorance or that another guild broke a rule so they are allowed to do it too etc. blah blah.... it was just a mess.

In the end all that happened was the big guilds made the rules and got all their actives and with 25% more fleet they derbed smaller inactive guilds who just sat around waiting for the larger guild to come. So even though the fleet ratio seems reasonable and the smaller guild had defensive advantage the active fleet ratios were very much in favour of the invading active guild.

But then 2 of the largest guilds broke the agreement anyway and formed an alliance and the agreement died and zerging continued and the agreement was a waste of time and no real battles happened as it was just one blob waiting for the larger more active blob to crash it.

Lesson is. This agreement needs to be reasonably simple, clear and not too restrictive.

I do think the current rules are better than the kappa ones, but i still have some issues with them, namely:

I'm not too sure about the raiding rules.... someone at some time, is going to break this rule, intentionally or unintentionally and it may be difficult to prove. The only way being a screenshot of all violating fleets within a certain time-frame. But what if fleets are spread out over the galaxy making it hard to see how much there is? A steady stream of fleets going in and out of a galaxy would also be allowed under these rules. So as some fleets make hits then leave others come in to make their hits and leave, with the total fleet size never going above 5%.

I think you should be allowed to move as much fleet as you want anywhere you want. The only rule is, if you interfere with a war, then you are zerged. Its then up to each guild to make sure they do not interfere in other wars.

I also think that war should not need to be declared before an attack (or blob crash) is made, allowing pre-emptive strikes and surprise/ninja attacks (making things more interesting and expanding possible tactics). Therefore its also up to each guild to keep a watch on their own galaxies so that they dont get a surprise.

If a guild spots another guild invading what they consider to be their territory (yes its subjective, but that is the point... makes it more fun), they can make it known on the forums and to the invading GM. In which case if the invading guild lands their fleets it is interpreted as a declaration of war and the invading guild must supply a ToS.

I think the idea of ToS is not bad, but it needs 2 exceptions:

The first being a war is automatically over if one of the warring guilds blobs has been destroyed. In which case the winning guild has server immunity for the duration it takes to pickup the pile and return to their home galaxy.

The second being that if there has been no significant hostile action taken in a month since war was first declared, then the war is automatically ended. This stops 2 guilds from declaring war on each other and just having only a few skirmishes here and there, ultimately using the protection of war to sim or hide from other guilds.

Disclaimer: Any opinion expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the guild i am in.
Arcained

Postby Arcained » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 17:18

So MD are the only ones who by the looks of it want to further complicate things after they have started perma-occing our bases in the teens.

I can reply to this instead of your in game pm's Critor but it looks to me like this whole thing is flawed as without all the top few guilds agreeing which I can't on your revised terms then it is null and void and a non-starter.

Critor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Critor » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 17:55

arc.
1. Relax - we play this game to have fun
2. We don't perma occ. by order of guild leadership - when the deal is signed we will of course reduce our occ. forces around as i would expect other guilds do the same to MD bases being occed .. ( also lol - gorr deathstar occing a md base in 03 ... pffft )
3. yes MD wants this thing signed. details are above.. the extra paragraphs were not to complicate stuff but were merely to specify abit so there were less loopholes than there already are !
4. this thing isnt signed unless all top gm's reply with a /signed ! ( and that is normal procedure arcained ! )

phiman
Guild: UCY

Postby phiman » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 21:26

Critor wrote:IXYDeal :

Code: Select all

1. 1v1 wars( max guild fleet difference of attacker must not be above 25% of declared total fleet size ), Declaration and TOS needs to be made.

2. War guilds (OP guilds ) are allowed under the following rules :
 2.1 war guilds cannot declare war against guilds that has less than 115% of the war guilds total fleet size
 2.2 if Levis are part of the war guilds the limit is 120 %

3. No perma occ-ing except at times of war, once time duration ended, leave 1 FT

4. Raiding is allowed under the following rules
 4.1 total Fleets in a system below 5% of total target guild fleets can be attacked anywhere without declaring war
 4.2. a total of 15 bases in a single galaxy can be occupied without having to declare war

5. Guild size max 100

6. NAP -max of 2 no mdp.

Suiciders = account becomes a farm account. (please don't give excuse saying account is hacked, if you are worried about it, change your password and keep it safe) Don't think this is a rule as no one likes suiciders

breakers of rules = 2 guilds zerg against the breaker
MD can sign to this !
Since lycan and kor were not part of cf they should not be included in the agreement

Critor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Critor » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 21:30

o.k agreed !

phiman
Guild: UCY

Postby phiman » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 21:38

thedarklord187 wrote:well lets take a look so far .....

Clearly not because kor have stole 20+ of bulldogs occs, lycan are providing ucy gates and xxx and md are obviously napped to them

The truth is MDK is still around just controlled by phiman now and they picked up friends along the way...
Kor and lycan were farmed during cf. They weren't part of cf. No reason to be included to the agreement now.

I like the last part of ur thoughts. Interesting.... I wish i had that power

Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 22:06

I cant believe my eyes :shock:
I was under the impression that this whole thread was about a server agreement to stop the zerging
Mabey I was confused :shifty:
Looks like ucy/md/xxx/kor/lycan is a zerg to me :think:

Edit actually 323 players
Last edited by Bulldog-R- on Tue 21 Aug, 2012 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

varginator
Guild: The Forty Twa

Postby varginator » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 22:08

thats a bit like pot and kettle

bulldog tags into gorr, uses their gate, the only one in i36, derbs our small little blob of 25 mill wooo with another guild member, then tag from gorr to pets to escape out of i36 using their gate, then tag back to z,

woys are blobbing, there are no changes, jut a load of the same

Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 22:25

varginator wrote:

thats a bit like pot and kettle

bulldog tags into gorr, uses their gate, the only one in i36, derbs our small little blob of 25 mill wooo with another guild member, then tag from gorr to pets to escape out of i36 using their gate, then tag back to z,

woys are blobbing, there are no changes, jut a load of the same
That was weeks ago even before most of these talks had been started
So that's totally irrelevant

bicoid
Guild: BRO

Postby bicoid » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 22:38

I say we treat it all like a bad launch - recall and keep trying. Lets all zerg up against UCY and start again :)

varginator
Guild: The Forty Twa

Postby varginator » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 22:47

twas during the cease fire, kor and lycan are not included in any server agreements, as of the first post of this thread and someone else did say chump / farm guilds are excluded, so can you guys make your mind up who is or isn't included,

i would also like to say that most of the md guys that did join us were hunted by the other hugs guild members and hit when they joined us, you pushed for de-zerging then farmed who joined us, perhaps they should of been given personal dnh's or something in fairness until the end of the CF, yes to late now i know,

SlightlyMoldyBread

Postby SlightlyMoldyBread » Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:21

I was thinking that the GM's are too involved in this whole server agreement.

Here is an impartial way to solve the issue:

1) GM's choose 1-3 non-Ixion players to act as the judges of the agreement. They create a fair agreement and act as judges for the conflicts that arise.

The GM's are stuck in the muck of bureaucracy, and need to pass the buck.

2) NAP's - give everyone 2 NAP's. You want to make it different? Get the judges to draw the NAP pairings from a hat and start from there.

Another note:

1) Individual attacks must be seen as being distinct from declarations of war. A single player or small group (ie. 5 folks) must be able move and attack without declaring a war.

2) Perma occing - perma occing a base with a high gate doesn't do anything. You may slow the growth, but it will still get used if it is needed and a two billion blob bearing down on your perma occ makes your tactic useless. The gate will still be used, and all you have done is slow the base down a bit.

3) Everyone needs to quit their moaning and crying and just get on with the frigging game and break some frigging space boats.

Return to “Ixion”