Server Agreement new

Nemordiabel

Re: Server Agreement new

Postby Nemordiabel » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 19:25

I say let z and ucy fight it out. Granted the launch was a bit premature but doesn't seem like they gained a huge advantage from it no blob crashes yet. Keep any server agreement simple and don't extend any cease fire. The server has agreed to break up the large fail zergs and have some fun. I don't see how having a 3 page agreement filled out in triplicate makes it fun. Lets have more pew pew and less blah blah.

As for member limits everyone knows what happens when you start zerging the server has done it for a year+ now I hope no one is in a hurry to start it back up.

Pacts the more pacts you have the less food you have and the slower your guild will grow. Up to the gm how badly they want to handicap their players.

Perm occing outside of war can only really be done successfully within a guild's stronghold and I don't see a reason to give other guilds passes to build jgs in our stronghold.

Ultimately we don't need to recreate Alpha here, lets all agree to play a fair game and start blowing up some space boats. Worst case if a guild steps to far out of line we go back to zerg standoffs.

elementalest
Guild: $$$
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby elementalest » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 19:35

jamesdev wrote:Regarding server pact, I think all guilds need to declare a SH consisting of a max of 5 galaxies and only have a maximum of maybe 10 players based outside that area.
Too restrictive.

No pacts (or a random pact)

100max players

suiciders die

Why not start with this. See how it goes for a month. Some long time allies may not decide to attack each other, other long time allies might kill each other, but thats what the server needs.... change. Maybe once the server has been shaken up it will find a natural balance.
Last edited by elementalest on Thu 23 Aug, 2012 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: Any opinion expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the guild i am in.
-V-endetta
Guild: -Z-

Postby -V-endetta » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 19:53

jamesdev wrote: The server wide CF should have been extended by 10 days or so until all guilds had agreed to and signed the terms of agreement.

I do think UCY should do whats morally right now and pull back to their SH until we have a concrete server agreement in place to which all Guilds have signed.
totally agree with the CF propose by JD until there is agreement between all guilds.
playing with "holes in law" is what this server don't need at this stage.
We need to find out an agreement between all guilds as soon as possible, sign and then lets go for fun
Like this we don't arrive to anywhere and all discussion in the forum and skype is just for nothing.

IMO

-V-
Last edited by -V-endetta on Thu 23 Aug, 2012 22:20, edited 2 times in total.

Critor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: CRY
Galaxy: Drako

Postby Critor » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 19:56

i still like the random pact generator thing ..

put in your guild names .. make the generator shuffle a while
output
what guilds are napped for how long.. have fun...

take out the hard decisions from the gm's

i guess the generator can be tweaked to add more stuff later on if needed...

ImageCo-GM of MD/ Founder of CRYON, Retired Co-Founder of CRUEL
WilD GuN
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Ixion - WL now [DL]

Postby WilD GuN » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 19:57

Guys, do leave KOR and LYCAN out of this. They were NEVER even part of any talks so they dont count. They are here just to feed us or provide needed gates to guilds with lack of them.

Certains disent que le meilleur c'est mille croiseurs
D'autres disent que le meilleur c'est mille croiseurs lourd
Nous nous disons que c'est ce que tu désires. Désir d'éternité
Teh Monkay
Guild: G. Dead Server is DEAD
I. [$$$]

Postby Teh Monkay » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 20:05

i cant believe that people are still talking about this. Phiman will not follow any of this. Yes, they may well create a smoke screen of compliance by splitting into 3 guilds but i assure you they will quickly zerg back into one if any of them are attacked and there is zero chance of them playing this game against each other.

Phiman has always and will always hide from any fair fight. It took them one day to openly break the 2 NAP rule and launch before the end of the CF. This proves that even if he amended his internals, then they would still be pacted with the n00b swarm that is MDK and continue to ruin the server.

imagine this scenario for a second

$$$ attacks XXX...then UCY/MD will join in. this leaves us with calling in PETS ect = zerg BS again

so next

$$$ attacks UCY
DL attacks XxX
Z attacks MD

Phimna would baww and cry (again) like his little lapdog ClayQ about the server ganging up on them and we have zerg again!!

Until the Devs come up with a way of restricting zerg then this will carry on in the same way.
IMO we shouldnt be attempting to make this game better ourselves, we pay for the thing.
How about the people that get paid fix the problems.

WilD GuN
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Ixion - WL now [DL]

Postby WilD GuN » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 20:19

So ppl agreed to this server agreement or not? Did i missed something?

Certains disent que le meilleur c'est mille croiseurs
D'autres disent que le meilleur c'est mille croiseurs lourd
Nous nous disons que c'est ce que tu désires. Désir d'éternité
NESCAFE 3in1

Postby NESCAFE 3in1 » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 21:12

As a GM of XXX, I agree with the rules posted above in the first post of that topic. Usually I don't like some rules to dictate my style of playing, but I have to admit that for the good of the server, we all have to do some sacrifices. As long as these rules are for the good of the server and not trying to kill someone I agree and support them on 100 %.

1v1 wars - Why not, but I think we need to include a sub-rule that a guild which was in war recently, can not be declared in second war for the next 2 weeks after the war's end. It's just a proposal to these rules, but I will be ok even if the most of you don't agree on this. The point of this rule is to ensure that the 2 guilds which been in war recently will have enough time to rebuild, and avoid quiting of players.

I'm a bit confused about the second rule and his sub-rules. What is the definition for a war guild in a war game? Someone can answer me this? every guild in the top 9 in ixion is a war guild. And if one guild is not a war guild, then what is it?

No perma occ'ing - Agree with that rule on 100%, but here must be made a detailed information about what will happen after the liberating of the base. Every player in enemy teritory may try to rebuild and his bases will be attacked permanently to derb his fleet, but no perma occ from the attacker. The rule is met, but as a result at some time the player may decide to quit the server, this is not the reason we want to have these rules.

Raiding - Here is the only one problem I see. No one will try to raid in a stronghold, because of the probability to be contested and derbed in the landing. The only way for player/s to try and raid in a stronghold is if the enemy guild is in operation somewhere. So this rule must have sub-rule for do not allowing of riding in case the guild is in war.

No problem with the last 2 rules and the suicider policy. I support it, but I can't agree with the last thing: "breakers of rules = 2 guilds zerg against the breaker" - as it already been said, I would like to see the whole server to zerg against the breakers.

Also a lot of things written here, and I would advice the players who are not GM's of the guilds allowed to sign these rules, to refrain from commenting it. Also if you haven't something to offer the others, do not post your opinion about the policies of the guilds and etc.

Lastly I think that all guilds from the top 9 should gave a LYCAN and KoR at least 2 month DNH, and they will be able to rebuild. There is a lot of good players there I know, and a lot of them zf'ed atm, but they are still playing the game. If you want to save the server do not think only for your good, but for the good of the other guilds too. I don't see a reason for all guilds to perma kill KoR and LYCAN, everywhere in the server.

Critor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Critor » Thu 23 Aug, 2012 21:57

i think OP needs an honest answer
1. 1v1 wars( max guild fleet difference of attacker must not be above 25% of declared total fleet size ), Declaration and TOS needs to be made. Clarify: is a formal declaration necessary before launch? No more surprise attacks?
Yes: 12 hour declaration on forum and via ingame Pm to the GM .. TOS needs to be made on forum too .. Ms paint, epic story optional
Why even have 2.1? Every guild/op is going to have levis at this stage of the game. It's also ambiguous as titans and/or death stars can both do the same thing as levis and this technically leaves the door open for exploitation of that loophole
No : o.k, we can remove that .. titan, levi, ds point taken

We are removing the "no permaoccs" rule, we do not give no1 a license to build free jumpgates in our stronghold.
saying this, does this also apply to your NAP / pacts / brother guilds ? ?
This is irrelevant and contradictory. It is already stated above that there will be no perma-occing except in times of war. Tho we said already, what we think about that
Meh
Does this apply in all cases or is this only for all standard guilds belonging to this agreement? ie. can this number be exceeded for war guilds?
irrellevant, see my reply above
Need to elaborate with details. For example, if guild "a" attacks guild "b" can guild "c" attack guild "a"? If the answer is no, then this potentially means that by declaring war on guild "b", guild "a" can protect itself from attack from guild "c". I just think the rules here need to be defined better.
How specific do we want this IXYdeal to be ? if 2 guilds are @ war they are @ war .. yes they are protected from other guilds while they are ( and i even support a rebuild period )
.. then again .. there will likely be a limit to how long the guilds would want to be @ war and other guilds would want to be spectators !
Why stop at 2 guilds. I say all guilds zerg against the breaker. Otherwise how do we decide which two guilds get to reap the benefits?
ok agreed !

NESCAFE 3in1

Postby NESCAFE 3in1 » Sat 25 Aug, 2012 11:12

according to these rules I have an offer how to make the server funny again. it's to all of you. We all know the rules for lvl protection in AE. Let's define some new rules and include the players with higher lvls too.

player between lvl 30 - 50 can not be attacked by players 20 lvls above him.
player between lvl 50-60 can not be attacked by players 30 lvls above him.
for breaking lvl protection all the guilds got informed for the breaker name and ID and farm all of his bases.
for attacking player under lvl protection, the attacker got kicked, derbed and farmed.

this can make the things more funny. we can invite other players from the other guilds to come and start their own acc's in ixion. the small guilds will fight against other small guilds, the big guilds will fight against other big guilds, and the server become more funny. otherwise we should admit it's dead, just like the other AE servers. Alpha is the only one of the older AE servers and it has 3k players. all others can be considered as dead with approximately 1.4k player. We want to change ixion, let's do it now, giving the new players protection, and not looking over them just like food.

Tcham
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Tcham » Sat 25 Aug, 2012 13:27

Ending the policy of the permanent occupation of guilds outside this agreement may also be a good step forward...

varginator
Guild: The Forty Twa

Postby varginator » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 05:00

WilD GuN wrote:Guys, do leave KOR and LYCAN out of this. They were NEVER even part of any talks so they dont count. They are here just to feed us or provide needed gates to guilds with lack of them.

that is a bit narrow minded isn't it,
so is it a kill the server agreement that is being made here.
you have limited top 9 guild membership, so all the fat accounts end up in guilds 1-9, with a nice safe haven to blob in, there bases can't be perma occed, unless they are in a home galaxy,
ultimately guilds 1-9 will only be taking the best accounts, so all new players end up in guilds 10+, meaning hey ho its ok for lv 90 guys to park 100k plus fleet on new accounts which break 30 because they are just food for guilds 1-9, so where is the bit about making the server fun and encourage new players into the server when it is only the fat accounts that are protecting themselves and getting an unfair advantage in the game,

why can't everyone have a designated safe haven, a home galaxy and 1 galaxy only, only allowed to be crashed or raided if war has been declared, otherwise they can't be touched while in the home galaxy, if they are out of there home galaxy then it is fair game and can be hunted or do we just turn the server over to the older players and hand me down accounts and say screw it watch the server pass away with no new people wishing to play as its not ok to perma older accounts, only new ones, sounds good to me, kill the server agreement

varginator
Guild: The Forty Twa

Postby varginator » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 05:10

oh brother this game is fair and just lol
if this was real life it would be referred the monopolies commission.
what do our moderators think about all this, protection for the fat accounts only ?

darkie
Guild: GoRR :I
PUB :G
LOVE :H

Postby darkie » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 20:47

so as this ended or has everyone just stopped talking about it?

been a few days since anything has been said

as it looks now XXX split with Ex music joining WOYS and the rest went to MD & UCY ( cant say i didn't see that coming) then MD try to go to WAR with WOYS :headshake: so much for a rebuild time frame or any of the other things that where talked about here

so where do we go from here? do we all gang up on MD for trying to break there own rules?? are we still working towards something or has this been put in the to hard basket :think:

I will point out here that I do not speak for GoRR and as such all posts made by me are of my own views and not that of my guild,
Critor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Critor » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 20:50

nothing is signed.. WOYS attacked the MD tag ... MD see that as an act of war

Return to “Ixion”