:think:

no

Everents
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who is playing AE.....

Postby Everents » Wed 26 Sep, 2012 22:00

D'aww. That makes me sad. I'm not missed. D:

Insert witty expression that no one cares about here.
I blame Hamps..
Tcham
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Tcham » Wed 26 Sep, 2012 22:08

....true.

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Thu 27 Sep, 2012 06:07

i miss your avatar of the marching cupcakes of doom, but thats just me i can remember everyones avatar i ever seen. i even remember your coleader's avatar that had the guy standing dressed in teh darth vader mask between the two floozies one of them had green feathers and the other had on too much make up. But hey its all history.

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
cwrmadcat
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby cwrmadcat » Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:20

If you're getting permaocced it's because you're not very active and never bothered to build your account appropriately. Who cares how many players are on Ixion? That's something the designers need to worry about, not the playerbase.

Cereal
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: I:GORR
O:STRAP

Postby Cereal » Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:52

cwrmadcat wrote:If you're getting permaocced it's because you're not very active and never bothered to build your account appropriately.

:headshake: /facepalm

Everents
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Everents » Fri 28 Sep, 2012 19:26

cwrmadcat wrote:If you're getting permaocced it's because you're not very active and never bothered to build your account appropriately. Who cares how many players are on Ixion? That's something the designers need to worry about, not the playerbase.

That is not always the case. Now, I may have quit AE months ago, but I still remember that generally people were perma occ'd for strategic reasons and because they ARE very active. Like with SoT vs SIM in early lowers Kappa. If someone is hardly active, it's really more like an inacto farm with ships occasionally being derbed.

I blame Hamps..
thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [-Z-]vgm

Postby thedarklord187 » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:29

Everents wrote:
cwrmadcat wrote:If you're getting permaocced it's because you're not very active and never bothered to build your account appropriately. Who cares how many players are on Ixion? That's something the designers need to worry about, not the playerbase.

That is not always the case. Now, I may have quit AE months ago, but I still remember that generally people were perma occ'd for strategic reasons and because they ARE very active. Like with SoT vs SIM in early lowers Kappa. If someone is hardly active, it's really more like an inacto farm with ships occasionally being derbed.

I agree with ever's mindset as far as farms/perma occ with the slight modification
I consider perma occ means one player is occing all of anothers players bases.

It annoys me when I'm holding one base and they send etears telling me I'm perma occing them....:$

<><><><><>Guild:{-Z-}<><><><><>
Tcham
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Tcham » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 09:53

thedarklord187 wrote:
It annoys me when I'm holding one base and they send etears telling me I'm perma occing them....:$

and your views on any active players who's base is being held down for 3 months or 6. What about over a year.?

Cereal
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: I:GORR
O:STRAP

Postby Cereal » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 15:23

Tcham wrote:
thedarklord187 wrote:

and your views on any active players who's base is being held down for 3 months or 6. What about over a year.?

Did they fight back? Is it one base or all their bases?

Tcham
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Tcham » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 18:59

We do have a major issue with some players.. I'm mostly concerned about all in one galaxy.

Free players. who would lose bases if they quit the fight..... and yes, they do fight... and will never give up.

So how many do you know that would still play after a year of being held under? Would you play?

We all know that we are the farm guild. So ok, how do I turn this around? Kick all that stood by my regardless that they can't produce because of being under? or kick the others that aren't as active cause soon as they stand up. they're targeted because the farm tag?

Agreed, we do have problems with keeping fleet alive..but we do have got some good players here and unlike what others GM's do, I will stand by them, and they by me....

How many players do you have that put in the same situation would do the same...?

it's all fair and good being on top looking down and picking holes in us, but how many can you name that could come here and stand their ground like us without the protection around them....

I started this topic showing how many players are quitting Ixion. For the record, very few are from KoR and all are still active....

How many in-actives are in your guild and about to quit?

So the question still remains... what are the views on holding 1.... or all bases of active players .... or better still - how long does it take before it become permanent... and unfair?

Alvin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Alvin » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 20:53

I added up the members from the top 14 guilds (the only guilds with double figure members) and that comes to 805. A better way of monitoring whether the ACTIVE playerbase is decreasing is to compare that month on month, not the total players who are 'playing' the server.

Regarding the permaocc debate, occing ONE base of a player with no reprieve is classed as permaoccing. It's just permaoccing one base as opposed to all of their bases. It's still a permanently occed base. I am assuming the occed player is fighting to free themselves of course, as otherwise it's against the rules.

Everents
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Everents » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 21:11

Another thing about the perma occ'ing--it sucks. It sucks for the poor guy having to hold an occ on an active player and it sucks for the active player having to free himself constantly instead of growing. Generally I liked to be reasonable and seek alternatives. I would either offer the guy a re-locate (or if I wasn't in a position of leadership, talk to a higher-up) if I think they may become a pain or occasionally just give the whole 'you ignore my guild, I ignore you' sort of thing if I don't think they could ever be any sort of threat in my stronghold.

But if the guy is dead-set on trying to seek vengeance on the guild and refuses to leave, then and only then would he be someone to perma-occ hardcore until he finally quits or leaves.

Overall, while it's a rough competition and all, it's sometimes nice to just give an alternative to save yourself pain and to not lesson the fun of another. Just my two cents.

I blame Hamps..
Tcham
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Tcham » Sat 29 Sep, 2012 21:18

I'm open to any alternatives.....

pm me and I will talk....

LPAS

Postby LPAS » Sun 30 Sep, 2012 02:34

Tcham you talk? bah, you ignore PMs sent directly to you. I had to make a loop just to get sense into KoR.

As for perm-occing. one base, depends on the location. if it high importance area most likely it will be under perma occ. During that time I suggest a relocation of said base. Takes only 1month to get the base back on its feet.

If the area isn't a high vital area, perhaps the person did something to infuriate said guild. I.E. occ stealing

As for the player count, you have to watch that on a daily/monthly basis as some players are just sitting inactive or just login once a month. just one time statistical data won't help. Hell Lyra(Lame?) and Mira are both new, so they are of course going to have a high population cap. Though once the server runs through the year mark. Population will cut in half at least, then it will become under 2k population to the state it is with the older servers. Just like all servers the top 10 will dominate, how that occurs or means is variable.

Return to “Ixion”