Dead server solution?

Bulldog-R-
Galaxy: Ixion

Dead server solution?

Postby Bulldog-R- » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 17:50

The problem with having 3-4 smaller guilds is that 2 would probably end up zerging on the other (s)
I really can't see a flaw if we all merge into one guild and then the 40 guys with the biggest fleets create 2 guilds of 20 (or more/less) and fight each other
it will keep lowering the average server fleet and reduce rebuild times. ..which is what makes people quit

if one guy misses a launch or w/e and gets derbed he goes back to main guild till he can rebuild into top 40 again and the war guild get a new player from the main guild
obviously if those 2 guilds crash each other most of those players will be out of the top 40 So we just replace with new players from main guild weather you win or lose you generally lose fleet
the only people who might not like it are simmers and rank whores but if there in top 40 they go to war guild.

I also believe this could be a solution to multi accounts as there it will become clear after a few rounds which accs are helping others etc

Yes I know guys who currently specs ft swarm would maybe need a pass until need there FCs are full ... but eventually this could lead to a much more competitive server and more fun game for everyone

This is a bit rough and I will add to it unless I'm missing something that flaws it ect

Pls only post if u have something constructive to say and let's try keep this on topic
thanks

Big_Lebowski
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: AA/Honda/FTW/WTF/RAWR/LOLI/LoL

Re: Dead server solution?

Postby Big_Lebowski » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 20:27

Would like to hear from the new top 40, problem with this idea of your bulldog is same people will continue to be the big dogs.

If the server wants to stay a competitive server 4-6 guilds again fighting, zerg is possible but not a guarantee.

I think a player draft done by the 4-6 people that want to lead a group of people go through and drafts players alternating either between top 100 to low 100 or we find out who wants to actively try to kill each other, gets specs laid out and balance the teams someway by either spec, fleet total, guild history, and ultimately who the leaders want to play with.

but as evenly as we can. If a guild has a stack that is just to big to be taken out, handicap what the can use, of someone violates the handicap you face facts that if your team is that big of a pain you may face unfair odds but ultimately politics could prevail in your favor.

Play to the death of the server and re-pick or have a 3-6 month time limit, at the end we see who did the best and new leaders are voted in to pick teams and repeat.

All 3 top guilds should be involved unless lycan wants to stay lycan, we can try to make teams even with their fleet totals and battle is out that way.

I know this entire idea would be a favor to GORR but I'm sure some people like the old servers more than the new ones so why let one die. .
Thoughts from a Noob

I just want my rug back man, It really tied the room together.

Your Jeffery Lebowski, I'm the dude and that's what you call me.
Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 21:05

Bulldog-R- wrote:I really can't see a flaw if we all merge into one guild and then the 40 guys with the biggest fleets create 2 guilds of 20 (or more/less) and fight each other it will keep lowering the average server fleet and reduce rebuild times. ..which is what makes people quit

obviously if those 2 guilds crash each other most of those players will be out of the top 40 So we just replace with new players from main guild weather you win or lose you generally lose fleet the only people who might not like it are simmers and rank whores but if there in top 40 they go to war guild.

Yes I know guys who currently specs ft swarm would maybe need a pass until need there FCs are full ... but eventually this could lead to a much more competitive server and more fun game for everyone

This is a bit rough and I will add to it unless I'm missing something that flaws it ect

Pls only post if u have something constructive to say and let's try keep this on topic
thanks

Love the idea. This is also something that could/should be used on other older servers to make them relevant/fun again. Log into Juno? Um... if all of Protoss did so then the tiny guild opposing us would have been perm occ'd into the dust *years* ago. On the other hand, if we had that system there, probably everyone would come active again.

So yeah, something like this would be a great idea. And I'm not saying that from GoRR perspective, as I've only been there a very short time (I was unguilded and found out bulldog came back, otherwise I'd not be in a guild at all). After the crash I started rebuilding (and did a respect based on analyzing fleet match ups), and would look forward to building up for another crash once I had a relevant fleet size. And doing something like bulldog suggested would be a good way to manage fleet sizes on a regular basis.

Idk if there are many serious personal disputes/grudges on Ixy that would make splitting the top 40 accounts into two even teams difficult, but I don't think that would be an insurmountable burden. Whenever I'd make it up to top 40 I wouldn't really care which group I was picked by; I can work with anyone.

I'll keep rebuilding unless there's mass deletions on both sides... but certainly adopting something like this would make me rebuild with more enthusiasm (and probably keep more people from quitting)

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game

FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 22:10

@ big lebowski

It's been tried before mate...and I don't mean once or twice but hundreds of times probably
it's been tried on ixion a dosen or so times it's to hard to get everyone to agree and then actually stick to the terms of it without twisting the rules ect
also that doesn't solve the issue that I know most people quit because of the insane rebuild times
my suggestion does I believe

@ Sarah
yep I'm sure it will work on any server were its basically 1 sided
I do see your point about getting all people under one tag because of personal issues or grievance Could be a problem . ..but well .....what's the alternative?

If we seriously don't want people to quit we have to reduce rebuild times. ..or stop blowing each other up in the first place lol
Last edited by Bulldog-R- on Fri 06 Mar, 2015 01:23, edited 2 times in total.

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 23:21

i tink we shuld all rename our guild old guild names like Retribution, Pets and uh the one with Kurt Cobain and pretend its the beginning of the server again but with our higher level fleets...becuz right now we stuck in zergs that evolved over time.. then i'd get to be WOYS again and be the cluless zuni who built his bases in that galaxy b4 i had to relocate to 20 and jeff would still be active... (wuz he ever??)

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Fri 06 Mar, 2015 02:29

what part of this didn't u understand

If you have to talk nonsense pls start your own topic
thank you

elementalest
Guild: $$$

Postby elementalest » Fri 06 Mar, 2015 18:34

I've been thinking about a wargames concept. So everyone goes into a single guild (maybe 2 for overflow). Then once a month we have a wargame. Two captains are picked (however we do that) and they assemble their teams. These teams split off into small guilds, upon which they battle it out in whatever scenario agreed upon. The battle runs its course (up to 2 weeks), then a few weeks later we run another. Obviously if no one wants to run a battle, then we postpone it until we get enough people to do it. Or if people want to run them more frequently, we can do that too.

The scenarios can include games like death match, king of the hill (maintain control on an astro/system for x hours), protect the convoy (an outpost ship in a designated players mobile has to make it through a series of waypoints without being destroyed), occupation (guild with the most occs after x days wins), pillage (guild with the highest total pillage after x days) etc.

A limit should be placed on the amount of fleet that can be used per player in a wargame. So for example, a 10m limit per player. Of course, more can be agreed on if desired (or less for lower lvl players). This removes the fear of being zfleeted, and means players with small fleets can get involved and not feel overpowered by people with huge fleets. I suspect more people will be happy to get involved and give it a go, if they will only lose at worst 10m fleet.

Also, keeping everyone in a single guild and making temporary guilds for wargames means that each time, the wargame is reasonably balanced. One side will never start to dominate the other. If things are decently balanced, it keeps things interesting. People will be more likely to participate if they think they have a decent chance of winning.

The wargames allow sides to dynamically change, and removes the problem of inactives and people being zfleeted. People can only commit to a wargame if they commit to a certain level of activity. It means that people who may not have time to deal with things now can sim away, but join in the next time. Also wargames can be as large or small as we want. If only 20 want to be involved, then maybe it can be limited to a single cluster and 10 per side. Or if 200 people want to be involved, its server wide. Or even 10, you could limit it to a single galaxy.

Temporary guilds also allows us to adjust the rules and fiddle with ideas and see what works and what doesn't without people getting disgruntled at each other for a bad idea. They only lose a small amount of fleet and have an opportunity to get it back next time. We dont even have to limit it to 2 sides, we could have 3,4,5 sides in a wargame. 5 small teams of 5-10 players battling it out for 2 weeks.

With the way bulldog proposes, people are forced into fighting at potentially inconvenient times, losing their fleet as they cannot maintain sufficient activity any more. I guess this is no different than normal AE, but we want to keep people around and derbing inactives is the quickest way to make people quit. It also means that only people in the top 40 fleet can play. People with very little fleet have to sim away until they can join in. Then when they finally join, they may get derbed a few days later, and have to go back to simming. Its not really any better than splitting off into 2 main guilds. Besides, i suspect that it will generally result in blob stares as the fleets will be evenly distributed amongst the 2 guilds and no one will want to make a move as they will probably lose if they do. Or everyone wants to join the popular side, as they generally win as the bigger better players are there. Unless we have no blobbing rules? However, that simply favours the highly active, allowing them to feed off the lower activity players who can't be online frequently enough to defend themselves. Besides, enforcing those rules would be hard.

Disclaimer: Any opinion expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the guild i am in.
Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Fri 06 Mar, 2015 22:57

I like a few of those ideas but monitoring it would be a nightmare. .how are u meant to only use 10mil?

And to be honest I think u have missed my point a little lol

The main reason people quit isn't because they get zero fleeted it's because they don't want to spend the next year rebuilding weather they get derbs or not

If we can reduce rebuild times it would certainly help
the best way of doing that is to reduce average fleet sizes

People should not be sitting idle simming fleet for months and year's. .

Maybe I'm just bored with ae lol

elementalest

Postby elementalest » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 06:06

It is a little difficult, but there are a few ways that this can be monitored. The battle reports generated can be used to tally fleet, both what was destroyed and what was used. The size of their unused fleet on the blob before and after the wargame starts. Visual inspections from the other team, hence both teams can hold each other in check. If someone spots a fleet that breaks the rules, they can send a scout in and attack the fleet and forward the BR to leadership as proof.

To enforce the rules, if people are caught cheating, their remaining (of the 10m) fleet is derbed by someone from the main guild, they forfeit any derbs they may have as of yet picked up, and are banned from the next 2 wargames. Or something to that effect. I'm hoping this doesn't happen though (or rarely), and that people generally want this to work and are therefore wanting to abide by the rules as it means more fun for everyone. Hopefully i'm not too optimistic.

The main reason people quit isn't because they get zero fleeted it's because they don't want to spend the next year rebuilding weather they get derbs or not

I see what you mean, but i think i'm just approaching it from a different angle. Besides, the method you propose, wont solve that issue. When you get zf in the top 40, you still have to sit out in the main guild and wait to rebuild your fleet. That turn around time may be quicker after about a year. But if the top 40 just blob stare as i mentioned before it could take a long time simming just to get back into the top 40.

The method i propose, should satisfy highly active players as well as lower active players. Everyone can generally get involved (if they wish) every 1-2 months. It should only take 1-2 months to rebuild 10m fleet. Perhaps every now and then we can run one for the low lvl players (2m fleet cap).

To prevent people from simming too much maybe we require them to participate in at lest 2 wargames a year, any time of their choosing? If they don't we ask them to either get involved in the next one, or pass on their account. If they still just sim, then maybe we kick derb them.

This means that people can try out difference specs. Someone who has always been a ft stack, can try out being levis, or visa verse. In some game scenarios, maybe it would be better if everyone went frigs for the speed? Or maybe only outpost ships are allowed in one game for lols?

This means the whether someone has 300m fleet or 30m fleet, both can get involved and have a reasonably equal chance of success (in a 10m game). Perhaps every now and then a larger fleet cap can be used (e.g. 100m fleet), so that those with larger fleets can vie for more worthwhile profit.
Last edited by elementalest on Sat 07 Mar, 2015 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: Any opinion expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the guild i am in.
fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 06:38

Bulldog-R- wrote:what part of this didn't u understand

If you have to talk nonsense pls start your own topic
thank you

well its sort of nonsense wat ur proposing. $$$ will never unzerg. ur the one that hops around between Retribution and Gorr and Woys not them. ur the one that tries to recall trap ur own people at the wormholes.... now *that* is nonsense...

Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:47

Okay ill try anything mate
and I suppose there can and should be a compromise of all the ideas suggested and the "game's" can and will naturally evolve anyways
something needs to change ASAP
i think it needs to be simple as possible to start

elementalest

Postby elementalest » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 13:24

Yeah, definitely agree, it must be simple.

Perhaps something like:
  • 10m fleet per player
  • All non base defence fleet that is not counted in the 10m per player is to be sent to a storage blob for that guild, before and during the wargam
  • Guild that gets the most profit after 2 weeks wins

How people get the profit is up to them. Farming bases, or hunting fleet, by blobbing up, or dispersing out into small teams, or even going solo.

Obviously, the main guild(s) is DNH for the warguilds and the warguilds are DNH for the main guild(s). Everything else is fair game.

As you said, things will evolve as we find out what works and what doesn't.

Bulldog-R-

Postby Bulldog-R- » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 15:11

Fine by me
hope it starts soon before I lose all interest
that said it don't look like anyone gives a flying turd anyways

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 16:20

and yhou need to put a moratorium on guild hopping. u know wat phiman did to arcained, from him guild whorin himself all over the server.

so once u set the teams the teams are set for 6 months, no guild hopping. this way each guild that developed there supa dupah jg networks will have to share those guys with the new guilds and also as an added twist to the server i think we should eliminate wormhole accounts. that means people would have alot more battles at the wormholes and they would turn into the offensive device they were meant to be instead of the "use the magic wormhole eyes" too see it all the time from the low level womrhole accounts

Frederic Chopin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frederic Chopin » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 00:34

I like the idea of a player draft.

Return to “Ixion”