The merger that was heard around Ixion

User avatar
UnificationAngel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 19:14
Reputation: 60
Guild: E: [FTW]
I: [AUDI]
K: [Meow]
Galaxy: Delta
Location: lolserver

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby UnificationAngel » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:12

Jesterx wrote:Wait isn't SOAB allied with MUSIC and the 20's guild? No surprise what he's planning there...


Whos MUSIC lol

Founder of the War News Network.
Pretty Peter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun 31 May, 2009 18:00
Reputation: 36

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby Pretty Peter » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:16

Sea_Dawg wrote:As for the conspiracy theories which you SOAB members have begun preaching about how we are puppets controlled by Cloak, it was never true. It may be now as we are in the guild, but it wasn't before.


i like that. "it was never true, but now it is."

Beowulf wrote:Please refrain from posting such crap again unless you want me to spam you so hard you actually forget your password.
User avatar
Moonred Starblack
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 17:27
Reputation: 8
Guild: SOAB
Galaxy: Ixion
Location: Poland

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby Moonred Starblack » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:26

Sea_Dawg wrote:See Pasternik? I am being criticized and flamed. I thought this was a forum of free ideas and thought, instead I am persecuted for my high minded ideals and exemplary morals.

Your cry fueling WL ships. Good work.

Ory'Hara wrote:i hate you, moony... i truly do QQ

Ory'Hara wrote:god knows i hate you for doing amazing work, moony... lol

Ory'Hara wrote:i hate you, moony... :paranoid:

Ory'Hara wrote:i can totally hate you for making that kind of detailed stuff, right? :paranoid:

Yeah... I love You too - Ory ;)
User avatar
Nebulocity
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon 07 Jun, 2010 06:18
Reputation: 28
Guild: BnB
Galaxy: Ixion

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby Nebulocity » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:40

Arjani wrote:
UnificationAngel wrote:Ya know, the whole topic of that thread is telling...

OSHI basically says they just joined Ix to throw a wrench in SOABs efforts, all on behalf of Cloak. They lay it out like its all for lulz then they either merge to WL or quit outright. It also implies that they are leaving themselves an excuse so that when it fails they can say they werent trying to be serious. There is a point where clever strategy crosses the line into the realm of abject cowardice. I particularly get a kick out of the way they keep explaining each merger along the way as part of the 'master plan'. They did the same crap when TINY and NIGHT merged. Bottom line, we've been at it with TINY, NIGHT, WL and BuNyZ since the server started, and all the grandiose shuffling about the tags and genius schemes is like a bunch of chimps in a beatoff contest. It would never have made a lick of difference to us if the whole server had been on the other side and in the same guild from jumpstreet. If I have to read another forum post by Treason about how clever and sneaky he's been while they 'outfoxxed' us, Im gonna get sick. As far as Im concerned, SOAB is the only guild that didnt plan out their multitudinous schemery months before the server opened. Theres something to be said for a bunch of good players getting together to stand up straight and put it on the line in an honest effort, and theres something to be said for those who don't believe their skills alone are enough to do that, and resort to a bunch of cloak and dagger nonsense before the server ever opens.

Nebula's theory is interesting, but I think he's misunderstanding our motives behind the whole OSHI- gimmick. We didn't shuffle around tags as some sort of complex political manouevre; we did it because it was funny to us - funny to have a completely random guild pop up and start kicking *beep*, and funny to reveal our identities and our allegiances right at the moment when everyone is wondering who we are and the guesses are flying around like mad.

If you don't believe that we had done this only for lulz, consider this hypothetical situation: How would things have been different if our crew had been tagged WL from day 1, and I was called Treason the whole way through?

In practice, nothing at all would have changed. We'd still be fighting GLAM and SOAB in our own galaxies, we'd still be NAPing BuNyZ since they are fighting our common enemies, we'd still be waiting for the showdown with I02, we'd still be uniting with the 08/09 WL at some point in the future.

The only thing that would be different was that we wouldn't have had the initial 4 days of epic lulz trolling, where everybody was asking who we were and we made up ridiculous responses for them. (And I wouldn't have had 2 different opportunities to make WoT threads on the forums, which is important too :paranoid: )

It was also funny as hell (though a little evil, I admit) to watch our opponents scratch their heads in confusion trying to sort out some diplomacy for the lowers. SOAB first asked OSHI- for a pact so we could fight WL together. When I didn't respond, they asked WL for a pact, presumably to fight OSHI- together. We wouldn't have caught that if OSHI- was tagged WL from the start. It's not like we're actually using this to any sort of political advantage though - for example, I might have convinced Alicus into thinking I was allied with him, then when WL invaded, I'd have OSHI- switch sides and screw SOAB. But I didn't. The diplomatic confusion was a little joke for us, nothing more.

I wish Nebula would make a forum account and post this stuff himself though; his rap is pretty damn awesome even though it targeted us. I'd +1 him if I could.



Alright dammit, you went and made me do it like I don't have enough preposterously trivial internet accounts already...

I just want to make a couple minor points and then I'll leave the rest of yall to beat up on it for a few more painfully hard to read pages

1-The concept of OSHI 'doing it for the lulz' is lost on me. If you snickered to one another over your cleverness, it didnt make SOAB a lick of difference. We went about our business the same as we would have otherwise. I'm sure you giggle wildly when you trick-or-treat too. We're not mad, actually we're quite entertained by the way OSHI pulled a 'Farva' and put soap in our coffee (vague movie reference)

2-Some people have accused me of being naive for thinking I could play an internet video game and not become immersed in a world of corrupted idealism where the point of the game becomes subversion rather than skill. I guess Im just old fashioned that way, but I play video games to get away from the non-stop compromise and politics that infests the 'real world'. I expected more from the players who believe themselves to be 'elite', but got the same result as always, so I guess the point about me being naive is valid. Once again it proves my point that the only games where skill is king do not involve keyboards, as the drama queens and megalomaniacs will always find a way to ruin a good internet game.

3-At the risk of sounding hypocritical, talk is still cheap. I came to fight, and it looks like Im gonna get to do some, so at least that worked out well. We'll resolve the majority of the BS when the fleets find each other.

4-Having spammed this thread enough for one day, I'll leave it to the rest of you to dissect this topic. This is the part where true colors will show, I'm looking forward to it :)

Word to your mother,
Nebula

Pretty Peter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun 31 May, 2009 18:00
Reputation: 36

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby Pretty Peter » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:45

/in b4 all the reps

darn i wish i hadnt had that friggin brick

Beowulf wrote:Please refrain from posting such crap again unless you want me to spam you so hard you actually forget your password.
User avatar
tubbysmurf
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri 14 Dec, 2007 15:49
Reputation: 21
Guild: Retired.
Galaxy: Ixion
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby tubbysmurf » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:47

+1 to nebula for truth and super trooper references.

Back after a 2 year break.
Image

Delta: CFF, Ixion: AUTO
User avatar
UnificationAngel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 19:14
Reputation: 60
Guild: E: [FTW]
I: [AUDI]
K: [Meow]
Galaxy: Delta
Location: lolserver

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby UnificationAngel » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 16:48

Nebulocity wrote:
Arjani wrote:
UnificationAngel wrote:Ya know, the whole topic of that thread is telling...

OSHI basically says they just joined Ix to throw a wrench in SOABs efforts, all on behalf of Cloak. They lay it out like its all for lulz then they either merge to WL or quit outright. It also implies that they are leaving themselves an excuse so that when it fails they can say they werent trying to be serious. There is a point where clever strategy crosses the line into the realm of abject cowardice. I particularly get a kick out of the way they keep explaining each merger along the way as part of the 'master plan'. They did the same crap when TINY and NIGHT merged. Bottom line, we've been at it with TINY, NIGHT, WL and BuNyZ since the server started, and all the grandiose shuffling about the tags and genius schemes is like a bunch of chimps in a beatoff contest. It would never have made a lick of difference to us if the whole server had been on the other side and in the same guild from jumpstreet. If I have to read another forum post by Treason about how clever and sneaky he's been while they 'outfoxxed' us, Im gonna get sick. As far as Im concerned, SOAB is the only guild that didnt plan out their multitudinous schemery months before the server opened. Theres something to be said for a bunch of good players getting together to stand up straight and put it on the line in an honest effort, and theres something to be said for those who don't believe their skills alone are enough to do that, and resort to a bunch of cloak and dagger nonsense before the server ever opens.

Nebula's theory is interesting, but I think he's misunderstanding our motives behind the whole OSHI- gimmick. We didn't shuffle around tags as some sort of complex political manouevre; we did it because it was funny to us - funny to have a completely random guild pop up and start kicking *beep*, and funny to reveal our identities and our allegiances right at the moment when everyone is wondering who we are and the guesses are flying around like mad.

If you don't believe that we had done this only for lulz, consider this hypothetical situation: How would things have been different if our crew had been tagged WL from day 1, and I was called Treason the whole way through?

In practice, nothing at all would have changed. We'd still be fighting GLAM and SOAB in our own galaxies, we'd still be NAPing BuNyZ since they are fighting our common enemies, we'd still be waiting for the showdown with I02, we'd still be uniting with the 08/09 WL at some point in the future.

The only thing that would be different was that we wouldn't have had the initial 4 days of epic lulz trolling, where everybody was asking who we were and we made up ridiculous responses for them. (And I wouldn't have had 2 different opportunities to make WoT threads on the forums, which is important too :paranoid: )

It was also funny as hell (though a little evil, I admit) to watch our opponents scratch their heads in confusion trying to sort out some diplomacy for the lowers. SOAB first asked OSHI- for a pact so we could fight WL together. When I didn't respond, they asked WL for a pact, presumably to fight OSHI- together. We wouldn't have caught that if OSHI- was tagged WL from the start. It's not like we're actually using this to any sort of political advantage though - for example, I might have convinced Alicus into thinking I was allied with him, then when WL invaded, I'd have OSHI- switch sides and screw SOAB. But I didn't. The diplomatic confusion was a little joke for us, nothing more.

I wish Nebula would make a forum account and post this stuff himself though; his rap is pretty damn awesome even though it targeted us. I'd +1 him if I could.



Alright dammit, you went and made me do it like I don't have enough preposterously trivial internet accounts already...

I just want to make a couple minor points and then I'll leave the rest of yall to beat up on it for a few more painfully hard to read pages

1-The concept of OSHI 'doing it for the lulz' is lost on me. If you snickered to one another over your cleverness, it didnt make SOAB a lick of difference. We went about our business the same as we would have otherwise. I'm sure you giggle wildly when you trick-or-treat too. We're not mad, actually we're quite entertained by the way OSHI pulled a 'Farva' and put soap in our coffee (vague movie reference)

2-Some people have accused me of being naive for thinking I could play an internet video game and not become immersed in a world of corrupted idealism where the point of the game becomes subversion rather than skill. I guess Im just old fashioned that way, but I play video games to get away from the non-stop compromise and politics that infests the 'real world'. I expected more from the players who believe themselves to be 'elite', but got the same result as always, so I guess the point about me being naive is valid. Once again it proves my point that the only games where skill is king do not involve keyboards, as the drama queens and megalomaniacs will always find a way to ruin a good internet game.

3-At the risk of sounding hypocritical, talk is still cheap. I came to fight, and it looks like Im gonna get to do some, so at least that worked out well. We'll resolve the majority of the BS when the fleets find each other.

4-Having spammed this thread enough for one day, I'll leave it to the rest of you to dissect this topic. This is the part where true colors will show, I'm looking forward to it :)

Word to your mother,
Nebula


Amen

Founder of the War News Network.
User avatar
Lyra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun 23 May, 2010 09:10
Reputation: 34

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby Lyra » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:26

Anyone got a step-ladder? I'm having trouble seeing over these walls!

User avatar
LesCrow
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:35
Reputation: 45
Guild: LOVE family of guilds.

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby LesCrow » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:38

Nebulocity wrote:
Arjani wrote:
UnificationAngel wrote:Ya know, the whole topic of that thread is telling...

OSHI basically says they just joined Ix to throw a wrench in SOABs efforts, all on behalf of Cloak. They lay it out like its all for lulz then they either merge to WL or quit outright. It also implies that they are leaving themselves an excuse so that when it fails they can say they werent trying to be serious. There is a point where clever strategy crosses the line into the realm of abject cowardice. I particularly get a kick out of the way they keep explaining each merger along the way as part of the 'master plan'. They did the same crap when TINY and NIGHT merged. Bottom line, we've been at it with TINY, NIGHT, WL and BuNyZ since the server started, and all the grandiose shuffling about the tags and genius schemes is like a bunch of chimps in a beatoff contest. It would never have made a lick of difference to us if the whole server had been on the other side and in the same guild from jumpstreet. If I have to read another forum post by Treason about how clever and sneaky he's been while they 'outfoxxed' us, Im gonna get sick. As far as Im concerned, SOAB is the only guild that didnt plan out their multitudinous schemery months before the server opened. Theres something to be said for a bunch of good players getting together to stand up straight and put it on the line in an honest effort, and theres something to be said for those who don't believe their skills alone are enough to do that, and resort to a bunch of cloak and dagger nonsense before the server ever opens.

Nebula's theory is interesting, but I think he's misunderstanding our motives behind the whole OSHI- gimmick. We didn't shuffle around tags as some sort of complex political manouevre; we did it because it was funny to us - funny to have a completely random guild pop up and start kicking *beep*, and funny to reveal our identities and our allegiances right at the moment when everyone is wondering who we are and the guesses are flying around like mad.

If you don't believe that we had done this only for lulz, consider this hypothetical situation: How would things have been different if our crew had been tagged WL from day 1, and I was called Treason the whole way through?

In practice, nothing at all would have changed. We'd still be fighting GLAM and SOAB in our own galaxies, we'd still be NAPing BuNyZ since they are fighting our common enemies, we'd still be waiting for the showdown with I02, we'd still be uniting with the 08/09 WL at some point in the future.

The only thing that would be different was that we wouldn't have had the initial 4 days of epic lulz trolling, where everybody was asking who we were and we made up ridiculous responses for them. (And I wouldn't have had 2 different opportunities to make WoT threads on the forums, which is important too :paranoid: )

It was also funny as hell (though a little evil, I admit) to watch our opponents scratch their heads in confusion trying to sort out some diplomacy for the lowers. SOAB first asked OSHI- for a pact so we could fight WL together. When I didn't respond, they asked WL for a pact, presumably to fight OSHI- together. We wouldn't have caught that if OSHI- was tagged WL from the start. It's not like we're actually using this to any sort of political advantage though - for example, I might have convinced Alicus into thinking I was allied with him, then when WL invaded, I'd have OSHI- switch sides and screw SOAB. But I didn't. The diplomatic confusion was a little joke for us, nothing more.

I wish Nebula would make a forum account and post this stuff himself though; his rap is pretty damn awesome even though it targeted us. I'd +1 him if I could.



Alright dammit, you went and made me do it like I don't have enough preposterously trivial internet accounts already...

I just want to make a couple minor points and then I'll leave the rest of yall to beat up on it for a few more painfully hard to read pages

1-The concept of OSHI 'doing it for the lulz' is lost on me. If you snickered to one another over your cleverness, it didnt make SOAB a lick of difference. We went about our business the same as we would have otherwise. I'm sure you giggle wildly when you trick-or-treat too. We're not mad, actually we're quite entertained by the way OSHI pulled a 'Farva' and put soap in our coffee (vague movie reference)

2-Some people have accused me of being naive for thinking I could play an internet video game and not become immersed in a world of corrupted idealism where the point of the game becomes subversion rather than skill. I guess Im just old fashioned that way, but I play video games to get away from the non-stop compromise and politics that infests the 'real world'. I expected more from the players who believe themselves to be 'elite', but got the same result as always, so I guess the point about me being naive is valid. Once again it proves my point that the only games where skill is king do not involve keyboards, as the drama queens and megalomaniacs will always find a way to ruin a good internet game.

3-At the risk of sounding hypocritical, talk is still cheap. I came to fight, and it looks like Im gonna get to do some, so at least that worked out well. We'll resolve the majority of the BS when the fleets find each other.

4-Having spammed this thread enough for one day, I'll leave it to the rest of you to dissect this topic. This is the part where true colors will show, I'm looking forward to it :)

Word to your mother,
Nebula



Im pretty sure you guys went "oh my God who the *beep* are these guys?", "ahhhhhh! were going to get destroyed", if that doesn't give you an idea as to where the lulz are coming from then i don't even see why treason is even bothering to explain anymore.

EX: (-o-)/DS(G), SPORK/LOVE(H), I: WL/AUDI(I), UFP/1st(J), SoT(K), DREAM(L)WL(M).
armenia4ever wrote:Seriously, there's not much point to playing when its the Miami Heat vs the local highschool basketball team. Move on to another game and win there.
User avatar
UnificationAngel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 19:14
Reputation: 60
Guild: E: [FTW]
I: [AUDI]
K: [Meow]
Galaxy: Delta
Location: lolserver

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby UnificationAngel » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:39

We iz so scurred. :scared:

Founder of the War News Network.
User avatar
LesCrow
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:35
Reputation: 45
Guild: LOVE family of guilds.

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby LesCrow » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:42

UnificationAngel wrote:We iz so scurred. :scared:

:?

I dun see the connection between that and my post, what are you on about?

EX: (-o-)/DS(G), SPORK/LOVE(H), I: WL/AUDI(I), UFP/1st(J), SoT(K), DREAM(L)WL(M).
armenia4ever wrote:Seriously, there's not much point to playing when its the Miami Heat vs the local highschool basketball team. Move on to another game and win there.
User avatar
UnificationAngel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 19:14
Reputation: 60
Guild: E: [FTW]
I: [AUDI]
K: [Meow]
Galaxy: Delta
Location: lolserver

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby UnificationAngel » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:43

LesCrow wrote:
UnificationAngel wrote:We iz so scurred. :scared:

:?

I dun see the connection between that and my post, what are you on about?


We totally went "ahh we r gunna get destroyed!!!1"

Founder of the War News Network.
User avatar
LesCrow
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:35
Reputation: 45
Guild: LOVE family of guilds.

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby LesCrow » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:46

UnificationAngel wrote:
LesCrow wrote:
UnificationAngel wrote:We iz so scurred. :scared:

:?

I dun see the connection between that and my post, what are you on about?


We totally went "ahh we r gunna get destroyed!!!1"



Yes you did and by the way, the OSHI- phase is over so you being scared now is entirely not the same matter.

EX: (-o-)/DS(G), SPORK/LOVE(H), I: WL/AUDI(I), UFP/1st(J), SoT(K), DREAM(L)WL(M).
armenia4ever wrote:Seriously, there's not much point to playing when its the Miami Heat vs the local highschool basketball team. Move on to another game and win there.
User avatar
UnificationAngel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 19:14
Reputation: 60
Guild: E: [FTW]
I: [AUDI]
K: [Meow]
Galaxy: Delta
Location: lolserver

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby UnificationAngel » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:47

:wall:

Founder of the War News Network.
mao tse fyre
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:28
Reputation: 33
Guild: SPORK
Galaxy: Helion

Re: The merger that was heard around Ixion

Postby mao tse fyre » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:49

LesCrow wrote:
UnificationAngel wrote:We iz so scurred. :scared:

:?

I dun see the connection between that and my post, what are you on about?

the connection is that it is exactly what you said hope this helps


it was a very hard mystery to solve but i did it

Co-GM of SPORK on helion.

#1 simmer on all of Ixion.

Return to “Ixion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest