Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

User avatar
Barry Goldwater
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun 08 Aug, 2010 21:55
Reputation: 20
Galaxy: Lyra
Contact:

Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Barry Goldwater » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 00:46

Tonight 31337's and I09'ers are dying for a galaxy where each people may choose its own path to change.

This is the principle for which our ancestors fought in the systems of I11. It is the principle for which our sons fight tonight in the orbits of their WL occs's in I09.

I09 is far away from this quiet astro. We have no territory there, nor do we seek any. The
war is dirty and brutal and difficult. And some 400 young spaceboat pilots, born into a I11
that is bursting with opportunity and promise, have ended their lives in I09s radiation
soaked wastes.

Why must we take this painful road?

Why must this guild hazard its ease, its interest, and its power for the sake of a people so far away?

We fight because we must fight if we are to live in a galaxy where every guild can shape its own destiny, and only in such a galaxy will our own freedom be finally secure.

This kind of galaxy will never be built by missiles or pulsed plasma bursts. Yet the infirmities of man are such that force must often precede reason and the waste of war, the works of peace.

We wish this were not so. But we must deal with the galaxy as it is, if it is ever to be as we wish.

The galaxy as it is in I09 is not a serene or peaceful place.

The first reality is that WL forces in North I09 have attacked the independent guilds of South I09 such as KINGS. WL's object is total conquest.

Of course, some of the players of South I09 such as AUDI are participating in attack on their own government. But trained spaceboat pilots and derbs, orders and arms, flow in a constant stream from North to South.

This support is the heartbeat of the war.

And it is a war of unparalleled brutality. Simple space farmers are the targets of assassination and kidnapping. Women and children are occ'd in the night because their spacemen are loyal to the democratic government. And helpless space villagers are ravaged by sneak corvette attacks. Large-scale raids are conducted on solar systems, and terror strikes in the heart of clusters.

The confused nature of this conflict cannot mask the fact that it is the new face of an old enemy.

Over this war-and all I09-is another reality: the deepening shadow of Communist WL. The
rulers in AUDI are urged on by Cloak. This is a regime which has destroyed freedom in I07,
which has attacked I08 and has been condemned by the United Space Nations for aggression in I01. It is a guild which is helping the forces of violence in almost every star cluster. The contest in I09 is part of a wider pattern of aggressive purposes.

Why are these realities our concern? Why are we in South I09?

We are there because we have a promise to keep. Since at least last thursday every 31337 President has offered support to the people of South I09. We have helped to build, and we have helped to defend. Thus, over many months, we have made a guild wide pledge to help South I09 defend its independence.

And as Secretary of State I for one intend to keep that promise.

To dishonour that pledge, to abandon this small and brave galaxy to its enemies, and to the terror that must follow, would be an unforgivable wrong.

We are also there to strengthen interstellar order. Around Ixion from I01 to I59 are people
whose well being rests in part on the belief that they can count on us if they are attacked. To leave I09 to its fate would shake the confidence of all these people in the value of a 31337 commitment and in the value of 31337's word. The result would be increased unrest and instability, even interstellar war.

We are also there because there are great stakes in the balance. Let no one think for a minute that retreat from I09 would bring an end to the conflict. The battle would be renewed in one cluster and then another. The central lesson of our time is that the appetite of Cloaks Communist WL aggression is never satisfied (except by wine and cheese). To withdraw from one battlefield means only to prepare for the next. We must say in Southeast I09-as we did in I14-in the words of the Bible: "Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further."

There are those who say that all our effort there will be futile-that WL’s power is such that it is bound to dominate all southeast I09. But there is no end to that argument until all of the guilds of Ixion are swallowed up.

There are those who wonder why we have a responsibility there. Well. we have it there for the same reason that we have a responsibility for the defence of the teens. The Copy/Thor war was fought in both I14 and I09, and when it ended we found ourselves with continued responsibility for the defence of freedom.

Our objective is the independence of South I09, and its freedom from attack. We want nothing for ourselves-only that the players of South I09 be allowed to guide their own Guilds in their own way.

We will do everything necessary to reach that objective. And we will do only what is absolutely necessary.

In recent months attacks on South I09 were stepped up. Thus, it became necessary for us to increase our response and to make attacks by Occ. This is not a change of purpose. It is a change in what we believe that purpose requires.

We do this in order to slow down WL Communist aggression.

We do this to increase the confidence of the brave players of South I09 who have bravely
borne this brutal battle for so many months with so many casualties.

And we do this to convince the leaders of North I09-and all who seek to share their conquest-of a simple fact:

We will not be defeated.

We will not grow tired.

We will not withdraw, either openly or under the cloak (lol pun) of a meaningless agreement.

We know that base attacks alone will not accomplish all of these purposes. But it is our best and prayerful judgment that they are a necessary part of the surest road to peace.

We hope that peace will come swiftly. But that is in the hands of others besides ourselves. And we must be prepared for a long continued conflict. It will require patience as well as bravery, the will to endure as well as the will to resist.

I wish it were possible to convince others with words of what we now find it necessary to say with plasma cannons and fighters: Armed hostility is futile. Our resources are equal to the challenge. Because we fight for values and we fight for principles, rather than territory or colonies, our patience and our determination are unending...

Secretary of State: Senator from L22: Air and Space Force: Major General
Image
User avatar
xJudicatorx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2806
Joined: Tue 14 Apr, 2009 21:11
Reputation: 99

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby xJudicatorx » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 01:35

tl:dr


If you were really there to help the locals you would come to where we rule with an iron fist rather than where people simply want to sim in harmony.

I've seen a rich man beg; I've seen a good man sin; I've seen a tough man cry.
I've sen a loser win and a sad man grin; I've heard an honest man lie.
Mostly Harmless AE page on facebook
User avatar
Barry Goldwater
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun 08 Aug, 2010 21:55
Reputation: 20
Galaxy: Lyra
Contact:

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Barry Goldwater » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 01:39

You have a row of dominoes set up; you knock over the first one, and what will happen to the last one is that it will go over very quickly.

Secretary of State: Senator from L22: Air and Space Force: Major General
Image
User avatar
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 5237
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2009 00:23
Reputation: 179
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 02:28

xJudicatorx wrote:tl:dr



Sorry Gary

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
ShadowGod
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 00:09
Reputation: 0

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby ShadowGod » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 02:48

+1 rep points for writing a better speech than George W. Bush did

User avatar
Barry Goldwater
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun 08 Aug, 2010 21:55
Reputation: 20
Galaxy: Lyra
Contact:

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Barry Goldwater » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 02:50

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:
xJudicatorx wrote:tl:dr



Sorry Gary


Shouldn't you be getting suicided on again or something?

Anyways if the lovely dear Mod would be so kind as to actually enforce the rules I am so careful to follow by yellow carding off topic posters like the one above, I would be eternally grateful

@ SG I appreciate your support of capitalist freedom.

Secretary of State: Senator from L22: Air and Space Force: Major General
Image
User avatar
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 5237
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2009 00:23
Reputation: 179
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 02:59

Since when is against the rules to state your opinion on a public forum (especially such a simplistic non-offensive comment as my own)
My post was merely a shortened suggestion for you to .... well do just that, shorten your post.

Too much effort = Automatically not funny

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
User avatar
Barry Goldwater
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun 08 Aug, 2010 21:55
Reputation: 20
Galaxy: Lyra
Contact:

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Barry Goldwater » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 03:10

If you had any semblance of education beyond gradeschool you would realize very little effort went into it at all. Any polisci majors in the audience will know what I mean.

That being said, unless you wish to post something directly related to the 31337 rape of WL in I09, do not post at all. It's off topic and it's flaming.

I do not think you will or do have anything relevant to post since your sole action was being ZF'd by one of our dearly departed members who was even more fed up with your fail than the rest of us.

Secretary of State: Senator from L22: Air and Space Force: Major General
Image
User avatar
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 5237
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2009 00:23
Reputation: 179
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 03:17

Barry Goldwater wrote:If you had read it you would realize very little effort went into it at all. Any polisci majors in the audience will know what I mean.
That being said, unless you wish to post something directly related to the 31337 rape of WL in I09, do not post at all. It's off topic and it's flaming.
I do not think you will or do have anything relevant to post since your sole action was being ZF'd by one of our dearly departed members who was even more fed up with your fail than the rest of us.


/fixed
oh and lol@political majors, and bless you for thinking politics is a real university degree :lolol:
also, srzly what is the manlove for the guy who suicided our like second/third biggest capstack our best player and our gm. And im the un patriotic one? :nonono

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
User avatar
Barry Goldwater
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun 08 Aug, 2010 21:55
Reputation: 20
Galaxy: Lyra
Contact:

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Barry Goldwater » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 03:24

Its one degree more than you will ever acquire. Considering you are neither GM, best player, cap stacker, or anything else remotely important your point is moot.

From this point on I will ignore your flames and again request the Mod to kindly yellow card flamers attempting to hijack my meticulously crafted thread.

Secretary of State: Senator from L22: Air and Space Force: Major General
Image
User avatar
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 5237
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2009 00:23
Reputation: 179
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 03:27

Barry Goldwater wrote:Its one degree more than you will ever acquire. Considering you are neither GM, best player, cap stacker, or anything else remotely important your point is moot.

From this point on I will ignore your flames and again request the Mod to kindly yellow card flamers attempting to hijack my meticulously crafted thread.


Well im not a cap stacker any more am i :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=94638
Remember?

And actually i didnt derail it first you did :bleh:

All i asked for was a tl;dr :nonono

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
-Benji-
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2178
Joined: Tue 02 Dec, 2008 07:23
Reputation: 95
Guild: lolwut

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby -Benji- » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 03:36

Nice post Barry.

I'm not a polisci major, but I did pick up on the effective reference. Very nice :P

@ Seldon -- you need to step up your game if you think you are being funny/trolling/tryingtoremainrelevant.

You've never been very good at any of the three. You should pick one.

I root for the home team.
User avatar
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 5237
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2009 00:23
Reputation: 179
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 03:40

-Benji- wrote:Nice post Barry.

I'm not a polisci major, but I did pick up on the effective reference. Very nice :P

@ Seldon -- you need to step up your game if you think you are being funny/trolling/tryingtoremainrelevant.

You've never been very good at any of the three. You should pick one.


No im just bored. + its fun annoying gary :3

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
User avatar
Beowulf
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 6791
Joined: Sun 29 Jun, 2008 13:34
Reputation: 265

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Beowulf » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 06:31

Cute.

Total Reputation Points removed due to Fod Maggotry: 93
User avatar
Mister Magic
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri 21 Nov, 2008 02:44
Reputation: 11

Re: Operation White Frog: The 31337 Occupation of WL in I09

Postby Mister Magic » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 08:09

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:oh and lol@political majors, and bless you for thinking politics is a real university degree

+1
Remind me to rep you when I can

A:[BORG] G:[=¿=] I:[$$$] M:[lol50s] N:[AUDI]

Return to “Ixion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests