General discussion forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: New Server?

Postby swearengen » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 01:39

One Lazy Titan wrote:there are alot of ways to raise funds for AE
one of the most things i would find awesome is guild upgrading , yep , all of the players in guild can buy a premium status for their guild for a decent price, say a 200$ a year for example ? (thats barely 4$ a year for each member in a 50 member guild ) by implementing a point system (Premium Guild Points) where players buy points for bucks and then these points are spent on buying upgrade for a guild , upgraded guilds receive cool bonuses like guild-wide scanner , guild map and more board panels (including a shared one with allies)

Problem with that is first the owners have to give a *beep*
And they don't.

They can't even be bothered to make mild changes or even try to do something.

Until thier mindset changes ( and after actually talking to them thru multiple emails)
I don't see that happening.

But they are starting to "feel the crunch"
Hence the holiday sale and putting off the usual server start.
Unfortunately the way they have run things they deserve to fail

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Postby Lazy Titan » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 11:49

swearengen wrote:
one of the most things i would find awesome is guild upgrading , yep , all of the players in guild can buy a premium status for their guild for a decent price, say a 200$ a year for example ? (thats barely 4$ a year for each member in a 50 member guild ) by implementing a point system (Premium Guild Points) where players buy points for bucks and then these points are spent on buying upgrade for a guild , upgraded guilds receive cool bonuses like guild-wide scanner , guild map and more board panels (including a shared one with allies)

And they don't.

Until thier mindset changes ( and after actually talking to them thru multiple emails)

well yeah i know they dont care alot about the game , this des/rec speed balance is the sole update AE got since 2014 , but stuff like this could mean huuuuge bucks to the game , lets say theres 5 guilds willing to pay that in a server (ofc on servers like alpha its alott more) but 5 is for moderation , there are 30 servers so that means atleast 30000$ yearly out of nothing

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 16:42

One Lazy Titan wrote:
swearengen wrote:

And they don't.

well yeah i know they dont care alot about the game , this des/rec speed balance is the sole update AE got since 2014 , but stuff like this could mean huuuuge bucks to the game , lets say theres 5 guilds willing to pay that in a server (ofc on servers like alpha its alott more) but 5 is for moderation , there are 30 servers so that means atleast 30000$ yearly out of nothing

Maybe
i personally dont think something like thst would work.
But regardless thats something thst could be thought about way down the road
cause no one is going to pay for that until long after alot of other things are handled.

But it all makes for a fun chat cause it wont ever happen

He should sell to someone that eill wotk to fix the game but no one will pay his min asking price anyways

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 16:58

reminds me of the company that owned our old game ....the game barely made an income of 100k$ a month and steadily dropping (they shut down around 15 of the 17 servers to cut running costs) and yet they demanded a whopping 12 million $ to sell us the license to run the game , a 1m was plausible but heck 12 million :/

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 18:56

One Lazy Titan wrote:reminds me of the company that owned our old game ....the game barely made an income of 100k$ a month and steadily dropping (they shut down around 15 of the 17 servers to cut running costs) and yet they demanded a whopping 12 million $ to sell us the license to run the game , a 1m was plausible but heck 12 million :/

10 months of income for a game that makes 1.2 mil a year is crazy as well

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 20:24

honestly if they had to shut down 15 of their 17 servers due to costs im pretty sure that 100k met a lot of expenses

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 00:21

One Lazy Titan wrote:honestly if they had to shut down 15 of their 17 servers due to costs im pretty sure that 100k met a lot of expenses

Doesnt cost as much as ppl think it does for game servers

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 01:12

im talking about staff , there was atleast a team of workers on the game

marti99
Guild: [Alien]

Postby marti99 » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 15:12

My suggestion:

We need to stop making new servers AE is maybe capable for 3-4 servers everything more is just splitting the community and killing the game.

Instead of making a new server you could open 2 new clusters on an old server give them one year newbie protection against rest of server and faster ticks so players can start catching up.
For example on an 3 year old server you give them 1 year protection in the two new clusters you added and 4 times faster ticks.
So afterwards they both had same number of ticks and two clusters they first battle on their own and afterwards can fight the others.

Easy way to make it interesting no need to add any new server and the players will also have fun.

Edit:
Pretty similar it could work with merging newer into older servers give them a time of protection and some ticks to catch up in building time.

Only thing we have to think about is players who play both servers.
And how we reduce the number of galaxys on very bad populated servers to an acceptable number.
A possible solution would be to delete some stars by a script in galaxys who are totally bad populated and then merge them. (this should be only done maybe once a year)
Last edited by marti99 on Thu 11 Jan, 2018 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 17:08

marti99 wrote:My suggestion:

We need to stop making new servers AE is maybe capable for 3-4 servers everything more is just splitting the community and killing the game.

Instead of making a new server you could open 2 new clusters on an old server give them one year newbie protection against rest of server and faster ticks so players can start catching up.
For example on an 3 year old server you give them 1 year protection in the two new clusters you added and 4 times faster ticks.
So afterwards they both had same number of ticks and two clusters they first battle on their own and afterwards can fight the others.

Easy way to make it interesting no need to add any new server and the players will also have fun.

Edit:
Pretty similar it could work with merging newer into older servers give them a time of protection and some ticks to catch up in building time.

Only thing we have to think about is players who play both servers.
And how we reduce the number of galaxys on very bad populated servers to an acceptable number.
A possible solution would be to delete some stars by a script in galaxys who are totally bad populated and then merge them. (this should be only done maybe once a year)

wouldnt really work very well
4 times faster ticks on Alpha would do nothing to catch ppl up to the server

Should close most/some of the servers
some are pretty dead

Put a time frame on new servers 6 or 12 months server ends and closes

But make that change going forward and leave what ever servers still have life alone.

marti99

Postby marti99 » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 17:27

Close servers and players would be gone not a good idea...

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 18:23

marti99 wrote:Close servers and players would be gone not a good idea...

Go look at the other servers

Most only have 2-400 accounts on em and a vast majority are inactive
With maybe 20-40 ppl logged in daily.

No need at all to have 30 servers going all at once.

marti99

Postby marti99 » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 00:22

yeah thats why the merge is needed but you can kill what players have build up over several years without making them to leave so just close server will make everyone upset and just leave AE

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 03:20

marti99 wrote:yeah thats why the merge is needed but you can kill what players have build up over several years without making them to leave so just close server will make everyone upset and just leave AE

Lmao
wake the hell up
a merge is NEVER going to happen

ppl need to actually come up with ideas that are doable

we cant get the owner to do normal things to try to improve
and u coming up with merge servers lmao

get real

hes trying to raise money hence the holiday sale on updates and didnt out another server yet
the ones that are dead should be closed

close the dead servers
make new servers witha time limit
12 months max

NocturnalOmega

Postby NocturnalOmega » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 13:11

Start closing the older server's, those with upgraded accounts given the remaining upgrade time left transferred to accounts on a new server.
One that is done yeah have new servers with a limited life-span with upgrades only available to full fill that time span

Return to “General”