What can the AE mods do to check for cheaters?

General discussion forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

KFCSajin

What can the AE mods do to check for cheaters?

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 05:30

I specifically want to know if they can look into depth of inactivity times of players.

Basically this player in my galaxy has been moving fleets so often it is hard to believe he even sleeps.
Account sitting is against the rules and I would like to see this whole guild checked out for even more cheating.

Can the game moderators look into messages or guild general board chats/guild info pages for proof of cheating?
And are they able to somehow retrieve activity times much better to know for sure about possible account sitting?
--
I just started to get screen shots for proof of someone because he has been moving fleets every single hour for like the past +24 hours.
I messed up my sleeping schedule and basically while I was awake from 8am - 2am he has been moving fleets nonstop.
Recently, as 4am - now (8:30am) he has still been moving fleets. Does this guy even sleep!?

Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: What can the AE mods do to check for cheaters?

Postby Themis » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 07:30

The short answer:
Nothing - if you really mean mods, since we don't have any involvement in game mechanics.
Or
We don't know, since the game admins don't confide in us.

Probably technically yes, but we don't know if they do since *see above*

But
There are for sure people who spend way too much time on this game, and have been known to stay awake for days at a time especially at server start/crash times. Sooo - yep basically your forum mods don't know.

Admins may decide to comment but don't hold your breath.

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!
KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 08:27

Themis wrote:The short answer:
Nothing - if you really mean mods, since we don't have any involvement in game mechanics.
Or
We don't know, since the game admins don't confide in us.

Probably technically yes, but we don't know if they do since *see above*

But
There are for sure people who spend way too much time on this game, and have been known to stay awake for days at a time especially at server start/crash times. Sooo - yep basically your forum mods don't know.

Admins may decide to comment but don't hold your breath.

Thanks. I didnt mean forum moderators. Kind of meant game moderators... Whoever reads about cheaters reported to game support.
I dont know if theyre able to peep into accounts and that kind of stuff and keep track of when things happen.
But I am not kidding when I say this guy has been up at least 24 hrs.

So lets say like Jul 5 00:00:00 server time till 23:00:00 server time that dude was always moving fleets. Not even 2 hrs inbetween stopping. He was always on the move. Jul 6 lets say 12:00:00 server time I woke up and seriously kept an eye on him. 18 hours later he is still moving fleets at least every 2 hrs. I go to bed. Next day same crap. I decided just now to keep track of him and screen shot everything. 02:00:00-07:00:00 server time he is moving fleets . But dont get me wrong the day before, since 12 at least, he has been moving fleets nonestop. (Just refreshed AE while I was typing this. He is online at 8:00:00 so 1 hr inactive...)
So he has been up every single hour of the clock with no signs of when he is going to sleep. This is why I am suspecting he has an account sitter because normally people cant do this stuff +3 days in a row without hibernating once. I dont believe someone can sneak in 1-2 hours of sleep and get back on. I seen so many cheaters that I am more willing to assume he has an account sitter rather him having no life but AE.

I am actually suspecting an account sitter because earlier when we'd make a hit on his guildmate's base and they freed it, he would collect the debris. That isnt against game rules per se, but I mean if theyre all going to share his account you can kind of see my concern --they are feeding it on purpose which will be violating game rules. ((just under it is not allowed to display coordinates)). https://typhon.astroempires.com/terms.aspx?view=rules

What is more is that when our guild mates would have a poorly defended base he would come and pillage it. He could have a base/fleet in region 82 and he would come all the way to region 28 to pillage it when practically all his other guild mates are closer.
I am adamant and I want to know how well game support can look into this situation and actually retrieve messages or read their boards to see what on earth they are up to. I know theyre feeding that 1 account and sitting it 24/7. How can the admins deal with this?

xJudicatorx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xJudicatorx » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 15:43

Themis wrote:But

I often joke with people that I never sleep. I have a habit, especially during the first 2 weeks of a server, of taking 1 hour naps at my computer desk so that I can be online for fleet landings without, you know, dying from lack of sleep. On top of that, even at the best of times, my sleep schedule is irregular and fitful. Many people would conclude that I was cheating because I'm constantly online.

Also, the line you are looking at is talking about a different type of cheating. Guilds allowing someone - say their jumpgate rusher - to share derbs from their hits so that they can keep building jumpgates, or leviathans, or something else crucial to the guild but unprofitable - is perfectly legit

I've seen a rich man beg; I've seen a good man sin; I've seen a tough man cry.
I've sen a loser win and a sad man grin; I've heard an honest man lie.
Mostly Harmless AE page on facebook

Return to “General”