A stunning case of abuse or a big lie?

General discussion forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Robo

A stunning case of abuse or a big lie?

Postby Robo » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 15:14

A member of our guild recently received a message from a ("friendly") enemy guild member : I have slightly redacted the message to protect the ? innocent ? for now

[???] ??? 9 Jan 2019, 16:13:27
hi you will have soon son bans for account sharing in your Guild -L****** and many others E*** sadly too..
D?????? is a admin he banned them cause he couldnt get their fleets .
I know it cause i am admin too.

Dont tell this to others.

[???] ??? 9 Jan 2019, 16:16:13
oh and thats why every report on d????? dont help --he is my boss here

Of course I convinced my friend that this was too important to keep to our selves and must be published and investigated -he agreed that to do nothing and allow our mates to be banned is not acceptable.
I ask :
Are admin personnel allow to play the game? -If so why? -is their purpose to enhance and protect the game experience? or is it to win by any means ? The player in question D???? is responsible for driving many player to quit the game and is suspected to use cheats to dominate others - his guild and some of its members have been reported many time -yet nothing is done
Can this be true?

ShadowXZ
Guild: SYN maybe or maybe not who knows

Re: A stunning case of abuse or a big lie?

Postby ShadowXZ » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 17:13

Cant be true--Admins wont message you ingame personnally.

Bans happen with proof--multiaccounting , account sharing and other abuses that are against Game Rules

Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Themis » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 23:38

I have no idea whether admins play the game or whether players help administer the game, come to that. But for sure admins of whatever nature would not send messages like that. If you are unconvinced, I suggest you message it directly to Wizard through the forum, but honestly, no.
In the interests of transparency, some forum moderators do play the game - ish, but we have no influence over in game activity.

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!
Robo

Postby Robo » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 02:37

ShadowXZ wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 17:13
Cant be true--Admins wont message you ingame personnally.

Bans happen with proof--multiaccounting , account sharing and other abuses that are against Game Rules
1)If the "player" is admin ? - So far as I know this message was sent from a "player" on our server who is in the same guild as the "player" in question
2) The question is are the players to be "banned" for an actual abuse or because this admin/player is mad he can't kill their fleet and trumps up the evidence ?

Themis wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 23:38
I have no idea whether admins play the game or whether players help administer the game, come to that. But for sure admins of whatever nature would not send messages like that. If you are unconvinced, I suggest you message it directly to Wizard through the forum, but honestly, no.
In the interests of transparency, some forum moderators do play the game - ish, but we have no influence over in game activity.
I am indeed unconvinced and this is an attempt to communicate to Wiz - is there another or better way ?
I am able to provide the detail of the players from their message but do not wish to do so publicly -in case this is some sort of hoax - in fact the player that initially received the message said he has reported it - but we have no confidence that it will not be -covered up in some way. We have absolutely no doubt that player D????? is cheating in several ways and have made numerous reports from numerous players over the last years -yet nothing has been done - it is this note that rings true
So again the question is - are admin personnel allowed to play the game? If the answer is yes then I think that this may indeed be true.
If they are not - then I think it less likely to be true.

In any case this must be investigated by someone who can be held above suspicion. If nothing is done and this actually happens -just think of the implications - there will be many more players leaving the game.... that I am sure is true.

Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Themis » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:10

Send him the details in a private message?
I think you’ve had all the responses possible here now, so /locked before the tinfoil hats come out.

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!

Return to “General”