General discussion forum.

Moderators: P&W Moderators, Support Moderators

Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Alpha

AEStats - AstroEmpires Stats Database

Postby Mizzy » Tue 15 Nov, 2011 23:54

Well folks, its been in development long enough, and my Alpha-server based test has allowed me to iron out alot of the bugs and kinks, so I've decided to take my long term project live to the rest of the game.

I'd like to present, AEStats (http://www.aestats.com).

AEStats has been my pet project off and on for the past couple years. The goal of the project was to take what the Eddie stat service did well and add to its functionality, as well as add a few new features that I thought would be beneficial. Now, I'd like to get it out ahead of time that this site is still technically considered a beta-quality site, which means that bugs and errors are still possible, and very likely. If any bugs or issues are found during your use of the site, please email them to bugreports@aestats.com.

Now, on to the site's features:

Battlepaste - A feature you all know and love from its existance over at nullnetwork. As before, this feature will allow you to store battle reports either for public viewing or for general archiving. Battlepaste also comes with an ajax-based search feature that will automatically search for reports based on the criteria you have entered. The random report feature has returned as well. This feature is very beta quality, which means you may run into issues parsing. Please email bugreports@aestats.com if you run into any issues. The feature can be accessed under the Tools menu of the site.

War Tracker - This feature is something I've wanted to whip up for years. The tracker creator will allow you to select between 1 and 8 guilds per side (or "group"), and track the combined data between those two sides. Set a start date and and end date, or leave the war open ended. Both table based and graphical data comparing each statistic are available, allowing you to monitor the war day by day. The war tracker also monitors member movements as well, allowing you to see who has joined or left each side on any particular day. This feature is listed under the individual Server menu's on the site.

Statistic Pages - Both for players and guilds. These pages will show day-by-day increases/decreases in a particular statistic, as well as graphical representations of each statistic. It will show you how much a stat has increased or decreased between days. For guilds you can also browse tag and name history as well as member movements. For players, guild and name history is available for viewing. The graphs are interactive, which allows you the user to increase or decrease how much data is shown on the graph itself. The top graph is the data for the current set timeframe of the page. The smaller lower graph is all data for the player/guild since parsing began. You can click and drag on the lower graph to update the timeframe shown on the top graph.

Player Deletions - Using AEStats age data and last seen date for players, this feature will show any players who have not been seen by AEStats in at least 5 days. It also is limited to account with an account age dependant on the age of the server.

Ranking Pages - For the most part, these are little more than a clone of the ranking pages from the game. There is however a new Age ranking, which will allow you to rank both players by account age and guilds by guild age.

Server Stats - A simple page, this allows you to see how the server's player count is affected day by day, allowing you to see the growth or decline of your server's player base.

Search bar - For the most part, a standard site search but also allowing you to search the past. The search feature will match both current and past guild names, guild tags or player names. A quick way to pull up a particular player or guild, but also allowing you to search who had used a particular name in the past. To warn ahead of time, this feature is not entirely complete, and is still being developed over time.

Now, to note a few things. Both my parsing script and the database for the data this site uses has gone through a huge number of updates since I began working on it, and many of those changes have required full wipes of data. The earliest data available to the site is 2011-09-28. Some newer features will note that they can only be used for 2011-10-08 or beyond, when additional features were added to my parser. Data is parsed daily just after midnight server time, and each server's site will shut down automatically until parsing is completed.

As I've said before, alot of these features are still being tweaked and updated. The site has had a limited test run to Alpha players which allowed me to rid of alot of kinks, but some issues may still exist. Please email me these issues at bugreports@aestats.com. I ask that you please do not post site errors on the forums. General issues or suggestions are always welcome on the forums, but please email errors to me so that I may resolve them.

I will continue to update the site and add features over time, so any ideas or suggestions are always welcome. If anyone wishes to contact me directly, I can be reached either here on the forums or via email at mizzy@aestats.com.

Regards,
Mizzy
Last edited by Mizzy on Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:18, edited 2 times in total.

Creator of AEStats
Comments or suggestions? Feel free to PM me.
Callum
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: AEStats - AstroEmpires Stats Database

Postby Callum » Wed 16 Nov, 2011 00:13

Request Sticky.

(And de-sticky of Battlepaste.)

As said in the alpha thread- very good work Mizzy.

That is all.
VGM of Alpha
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Wed 16 Nov, 2011 00:31

Out of curiosity. Has the ole Eddie been abandoned?

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Ugborg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: S3D
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Ugborg » Wed 16 Nov, 2011 02:06

Eddie still does his thing. What do you mean by abandoned?

Roger W. Ugborg
Vice President, Extramarital Affairs and Grocery Shopping
Otis, Inc.
Hammurabi
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Hammurabi » Wed 16 Nov, 2011 04:59

Pip pip, cheerio. Stickied and all that.

eddie

Postby eddie » Thu 17 Nov, 2011 19:38

Nice work. Finally some competition for faboo ;)

Maybe that 's just what I need to actually do some work on Eddie again ;) !

Congratz, nice site, especially the graphs are nice. Eddies fixed date ranges do not work well for the long time the service is collection data.

PS: No Eddie is not dead, it smells a bit ;)

Enjoy

see aggregated battle data: http://faboo.org/eddie Eddie on Google plus
Vnar

Postby Vnar » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 22:54

Love having a working Battlepaste again!

Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 01:13

Thanks for the compliments folks. I've updated it to start parsing for Lyra. I'm also always looking for new features to add to the site, so if you have any ideas on potential features, feel free to post them.

EDIT: New Feature, Player Deletions!

I whipped up a new feature that popped into my head. My parser automatically records player age and a last seen date for each player. This allows me to track account deletions. Now, this feature is not guaranteed to be accurate. Last seen date is updated any time a player is seen on the player rankings or on a guild page. If a player goes 5 days without showing up on any ranking page and remaining unguilded, they can potentially show up on this feature. If the player had not actually deleted, they will be removed from the list automatically as soon as AEStats sees them again.

The feature shows players who have not been seen in 5 days, and is also limited to players with an account age dependant on the age of the server. As the timeframe I've parsed data expands, the list will grow larger. Its restricted to showing the most recent 500 player deletions.

Creator of AEStats
thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [-Z-]vgm
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby thedarklord187 » Tue 10 Jan, 2012 20:37

Hey mizz just wanted to say i love the site its quite nice have you ever thought about combining forces with eddie and making one super site? lol
It would be awsome if you guys combined the data eddie has to fix the loss of data up until the 9th month thing.
Not to mention the ability to see guild stats not just player stats. Keep up the good work just some thoughts on it :)

<><><><><>Guild:{-Z-}<><><><><>
thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [-Z-]vgm
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby thedarklord187 » Tue 10 Jan, 2012 20:39

oh i thought of something else as well with the war tracker.
You should make it to where the person who created the tracker can delete it in the event that he/she messes up and creates one with the wrong guilds or something.

<><><><><>Guild:{-Z-}<><><><><>
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 10 Jan, 2012 20:43

darklord: What? Are you crazy? This isn't a simfest, this is a war game! You don't pact your only competition in a war game!

:paranoid:

That said, eddie's old data plus aestats general awesomeness would be even more awesome.

Ugborg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: S3D
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Ugborg » Wed 11 Jan, 2012 03:03

Eddie might not have rank data though.

Roger W. Ugborg
Vice President, Extramarital Affairs and Grocery Shopping
Otis, Inc.
Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Wed 11 Jan, 2012 12:46

Indeed, having the data that eddie has would help the site quite a bit. Unfortunately, even if eddie and I were to work something out, I think the differences in the way we parse data would make it pretty tough to accomplish. We both parse ranking data, but I pull a bit more data from things like individual guild pages and such as well that he may not. That, and I'm don't think he's so easily willing to give up on his site just yet ;)

On the war tracker side, yeah... I'll be looking into ways to delete trackers. I was originally going to build in a user authentication system into the site, but I may just make it simpler and link the tracker's to the creators IP and allow deletions that way. I'll see what I can whip up.

On a smaller side note, I threw together a quick tool for calculating the best trade galaxies to create trades with based on your bases location. Pretty simple, but useful. Available on the Tools menu or directly at http://www.aestats.com/tradedist/. I'll be looking into creating alot more of these calculators and tools, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

Creator of AEStats
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 11 Jan, 2012 19:50

Alternatively, allow the creator to set a password for deletion when he creates the tracker.

Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Wed 11 Jan, 2012 21:52

Wlerin wrote:Alternatively, allow the creator to set a password for deletion when he creates the tracker.

I like the way you think! I just may do that.

Creator of AEStats

Return to “General”