Moderator: Support Moderators

Mr Merlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Retired player back on K2 + L2.
Galaxy: Lyra

Re: AEStats - AstroEmpires Stats Database

Postby Mr Merlin » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 03:09

Might be out of date as am too tired to read back, but is there no way to check player history on your site?

Themis wrote:Well that was a depressing read.
No more trolleys, please.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 03:47

Search for the player?

Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mizzy » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 19:55

Mr Merlin wrote:Might be out of date as am too tired to read back, but is there no way to check player history on your site?
There's a search bar right next to the menu. Itll let you search past and present player and guild names. Or find the player on the player rankings.

Creator of AEStats
Comments or suggestions? Feel free to PM me.
Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Wed 15 Feb, 2012 04:19

Thought I'd update everyone on some new features:

1) User authentication. As of right now, it doesn't serve any use, but I'll begin linking it into features like battle reports and war trackers to allow users to delete (or in the case of war trackers, edit) their own submissions, as well as begin keeping stats on user contributions. The user auth panel can be found by clicking the link under the search bar.

As of right now, registration requires a username and email. Password will be randomly generated and emailed to you. I decided on this to prevent potential accusations for account stealing. As of right now, the randomized password cant be changed. I may allow changing it in the future, I'm still undecided on it.

2) Ticker reports. I've begun parsing the ticker for each server and storing it. There is a delay on parsing each server to prevent AEStats from being blocked by the AE webserver, so there is the potential for tickers to be missed especially during large scale operations like blob crashes.

You can find an overall ticker report in the main menu for each server. There are also individual ticker reports both for guilds and players, showing the 50 most recent ticker reports as well as the top 25 largest attacks and biggest losses.

As usual, new features tends to mean new bugs and errors, so if you find any please email them to [email protected] . I ask that you dont post site errors here.

Creator of AEStats
thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [-Z-]vgm
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby thedarklord187 » Wed 29 Feb, 2012 19:55

so that sucks the that the devs didn't like your ticker battle implementation, i thought it was awesome... you'll sadly have to do what faboo does and gather them with a unreliable third party tool.

<><><><><>Guild:{-Z-}<><><><><>
Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Thu 01 Mar, 2012 06:09

Yeah, its unfortunate, but I kinda saw it coming when I wrote it. I'd like to avoid any use of greasemonkey scripts to allow users to update my ticker database, since it will leave large chunks of missing tickers. I may just leave the feature disabled until a better idea comes along.

I can only hope that down the line the devs will implement a RSS feed for ticker reports that they will allow to be read. I had alot of ideas for features and additional statistical data that I planned to use the ticker data with, but until another method comes around to get that data reliably, those ideas are on a permanent hold.

Creator of AEStats
Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Sat 03 Mar, 2012 20:10

Alright, need to get people's opinion on a potential feature. Many people have seen the old tradehelper script. I'm considering using the idea of a trade database. an installable script would input a players open trade routes to a database with a 24 hour expiration, and on the site users could input one of their base locations and certain criteria (min dist, min eco, etc) and return a list of open available trades (not showing player info of course).

Would be an easy method of finding good trades, but entirely dependant on players using the script. It's a large project so unless it's be used I won't put on the effort :P

Creator of AEStats
Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 00:12

Its nothing new, the trick will be convincing people of your trustworthyness* (not that I doubt it personally).

Some people are still reluctant to give just their basic base locations out, let alone install a script from a third party.

Maybe you could make it where by people post their empty trades (probably by C&P'ing their entire 'Trade Page' to stop mistakes) onto your site, and its 'parsed' at your end and the data is collected that way.

At least that would nullify the third party script issue, then you just have to convince people that you are not a risk to their 'security'.

If that makes sense :D

SHLD GM
Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
Brogren
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG
A : SHLD

Postby Brogren » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 00:24

We all know Mizzy uses this site to get our base locs :paranoid:

13th PotMArrows wrote: Remember your place on Alpha Ancient Emperor.
[CLS] Oden wrote: You, you personally, are why this game is dieing.
Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 20:43

Haha :D

I considered not going the script route at all, but then its entirely dependant on people continuing to update their records daily manually, and I dont see many people doing that. Though the copy/paste the trade page idea is definitely a good one, I'm sure I can implement both methods. Now that I think of it, perhaps giving a way for guild trade ministers (or whatever people call them nowadays) to post lists of trades for 24 hours at a time could be a good idea too.

If I were to write the script, it would only record base location and economy, no player id or any other data would be collected. Like you said, many people require more than just my word, and I dont entirely blame them. If I end up going that route, I'll put an explanation of the script's source up on the page so people can see exactly what is being gathered and sent. The script itself (like any other greasemoney scripts) are open source anyway. If they choose to use it, they are welcome to. If not, soon after I'll be sure to include a way of manually inputting records as well.

Hopefully, the feature in general gets used. I know there's numerous people out there looking for an easier way to update trades. But its quite alot of work to have it flop from lack of use :P

Creator of AEStats
Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:04

Been a while since I've made any changes, so I threw up a small one I wanted to do for a while. For those liking to see more detailed stats on guilds, itll be useful.

On the guild fleet page, you can now mouseover the total fleet for each day and it will separate and show you fleet changes due to players joining, players leaving, and production/destruction. Eventually, I'll move the feature over to some of the other stats and possibly the war tracker (though the war tracker takes long enough to load as is, it may not happen).

Creator of AEStats
thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby thedarklord187 » Wed 16 May, 2012 20:44

so ive been thinking and thought of a new idea, Could we set it up to where you can track person vs person over time ??

Example being the guild war trackers but for players instead of guilds with modification to certain things of course?

I dont know how hard that would be to implement i couldn't imagine it being too hard since the data is already there it just needs to be organized into a specific page.

Mizzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Mizzy » Fri 01 Jun, 2012 02:28

I'll consider a player vs player comparison, its usefulness is somewhat limited so its not going to be high on my to do list though.

Anyways, I had taken down the war tracker feature for a rewrite because it was having pretty awful performance issues. I've come up with a method to resolve this, but it lead to removing a pretty useful feature.

As of this point, the war tracker no longer has the ability to create "open ended" wars. With the amount of data the server was parsing with every page load, it was bogging down the server and causing extended load times. It wasnt too noticeable on most wars created, but once wars got to 6 months+, it got pretty bad. Now, wars must be created with both a start and end date. Both dates can be in the past or future, but they are limited to a maximum of a 6 month span. After 6 months, you'll need to create a new tracker for the new timeframe.

Also, tracker data is no longer updated on the fly, it is all pre-parsed on set intervals. Existing trackers will have their data parsed at the same time as servers are updated. Newly created trackers will not be parsed immediately, but are being parsed on an hourly interval over the course of the day. This means that when you create a tracker, it can take up to an hour for that tracker's data to be parsed and stored. This will allow the site to pre-calculate and store all combined information for groups of guilds so that it no longer needs to be calculated on the fly when the page is loaded. Average loading speed has gone from 2 minutes to 5 seconds with this change, so its an unfortunate but necessary one.

Also, the site will automatically end a war when a guild ceases to exist. It was running into issues with guilds being deleted during the middle of a war. If it sees a guild no longer exists, it will alter the tracker end date to be the last date that all guilds existed.

Over the course of the next week, I'm also going to be adding functionality to link battle reports directly to war trackers. As I cannot parse ticker reports (as my past attempt has proven), this is the next best method to allowing the tracker to track how wars are going on an attack-by-attack basis, as well as make for easy reference to individual battles from a tracker.

This was a pretty big and time consuming overhaul, so as usual its very possible and likely that things may have broken. If you run into an error or problem, please email me at [email protected] .

Also, due to how extensive of a rewrite it was, all existing trackers needed to be deleted, so they will need to be re-created. Apologies for any inconveniences.

Creator of AEStats
thedarklord187
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby thedarklord187 » Fri 01 Jun, 2012 18:57

not to be mr grumpy annoying pain in the butt but the 6 month time limit killed the war trackers usefulness most wars go on for way longer...:(

i cant even input our war because its been ongoing for almost a year now its one the main uses i used the site was the ability to show the start until the end now thats impossible with the new 6 month restriction. :cry:

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 01 Jun, 2012 22:30

thedarklord187 wrote:not to be mr grumpy annoying pain in the butt but the 6 month time limit killed the war trackers usefulness most wars go on for way longer...:(

i cant even input our war because its been ongoing for almost a year now its one the main uses i used the site was the ability to show the start until the end now thats impossible with the new 6 month restriction. :cry:
End your wars sooner, or break them up into smaller wars.

Return to “General”