New Server?

General discussion forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Server?

Postby Logans Run » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:35

I actually like the time limit idea..haven't heard that one before.
Would make everyone rush it more?
But the problem i see is new servers seem to be dead in about 5 months. Or at least, a clear winner is seen.

Retired
Chasing reality
The_General

Postby The_General » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 17:53

marti99 wrote:My suggestion:

We need to stop making new servers AE is maybe capable for 3-4 servers everything more is just splitting the community and killing the game.

Instead of making a new server you could open 2 new clusters on an old server give them one year newbie protection against rest of server and faster ticks so players can start catching up.
For example on an 3 year old server you give them 1 year protection in the two new clusters you added and 4 times faster ticks.
So afterwards they both had same number of ticks and two clusters they first battle on their own and afterwards can fight the others.

I like this suggestion especially since in the past their have been clusters that have opened later than others and players have been given a chance to catch up by the other clusters not being able to go to the new cluster.

Respect. Somewhere along the line, someone changed the meaning of the word. You earn respect now through power, fear, money, violence. Standing up for what is right, no matter what, that's respect. Helping those in need, that's respect.
The Monarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RageX]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby The Monarch » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 00:35

Wizard wrote:We decide to not open so soon this time, we have decided to release a holiday’s promotion instead to get the funds necessary to run the game instead of open one more server.
There is no date yet for the next server but should be at least only by February.
Instead of open 4 servers per year, we will try to reduce to 2 or 3 if possible.

Or, as crazy as it may sounds, maybe you could scroll through the 'Frequently Made Request' thread an implant some of the 'stupid' ideas your customers constantly throw up from time to time. You might not like the ideas but at the end of the day, the money (Customers even) is always right.

People don't want new servers, people want new content.

A mobile app would be a start, the market for apps is growing bigger and bigger each day.

Maybe rewarding your still loyal players periodically would be a good start too?

What can I do to you that life hasn't already?
SEWI
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 01:51

if you dont like the game...go play another game...dont bother us with it.

or maybe try another strategy?.....it IS afterall a strategic game...i know you hadnt noticed yet...to buzzy killing any server....NOT a smart strategy.

just stop killing a server and repopulate older...plenty of good rockies outthere....

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 02:09

Sewi you know i like you enough to not give you 'much' crap but no, your game play hurts newbs.
Having fleet is the way to have fun, not prings.

Yeah yeah, next you say in older servers you have fleet. We've heard it all before. (A millions times)
And you taking in "everyone" just makes ppl want to stick thier multi somewhere semi safe till they can hit it later.

Back on topic, i read a remark about a year ago from someone that getting rid of wormholes is a good start too.

Totally agree it would help a server maintain a good player base. Lets think back to the days of 00s to 70s.
Pretty hard for say..the dominate 00s guild (for example) to reach and mow down a 70s cluster in 24hrs. (12hrs to get there)

But again, wont happen. I wonder if a certain someone knows just how MANY free games are out there that you can have loads of fun in without paying a dime for. (Even if you could buy into it)

Retired
Chasing reality
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 03:03

Logans Run wrote:Sewi you know i like you enough to not give you 'much' crap but no, your game play hurts newbs.
Having fleet is the way to have fun, not prings.

Yeah yeah, next you say in older servers you have fleet. We've heard it all before. (A millions times)
And you taking in "everyone" just makes ppl want to stick thier multi somewhere semi safe till they can hit it later.

Back on topic, i read a remark about a year ago from someone that getting rid of wormholes is a good start too.

Totally agree it would help a server maintain a good player base. Lets think back to the days of 00s to 70s.
Pretty hard for say..the dominate 00s guild (for example) to reach and mow down a 70s cluster in 24hrs. (12hrs to get there)

But again, wont happen. I wonder if a certain someone knows just how MANY free games are out there that you can have loads of fun in without paying a dime for. (Even if you could buy into it)

What he doesnt brag about is the ppl he kicks out of ASAE if the player wants to play AE his own way.

So hes really no better then the so called "zergs"he tries to put down.

Going to older servers isnt going to work to well for most ppl.

Cause once u reach level 30 the older players will just feast on ppl.

Even ASAE's defense aspect isnt going to work

5 or 6 sets of rings isnt going to stop anyone in Alpha server

Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 04:41

swearengen wrote:Going to older servers isnt going to work to well for most ppl.

Nobody was talking about going to old servers you senile fart. :P
Maybe someone did earlier..i didnt read this entire thread thou.
No, currently i think we are touching on chitcan all servers that mean nothing. Places like alpha, i would not include as it seems they still have fun there..i guess.
..ofc we all know we are just spinning our wheels here..passing time. Watching things die..

Retired
Chasing reality
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 05:28

Logans Run wrote:
swearengen wrote:Going to older servers isnt going to work to well for most ppl.

Nobody was talking about going to old servers you senile fart. :P
Maybe someone did earlier..i didnt read this entire thread thou.
No, currently i think we are touching on chitcan all servers that mean nothing. Places like alpha, i would not include as it seems they still have fun there..i guess.
..ofc we all know we are just spinning our wheels here..passing time. Watching things die..

Yea u didnt read the whole thread
otherwise you would have seen him talk bout giving old servers new life and stop killing new ones
So while i might be senile.

Its quite plain to see that your parents were cousins :P

Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 05:32

Lol. Im gonna rep you for that insult cus it never gets old.

Yeah well..moving to old servers is ..dumb.
Nuff said.

Retired
Chasing reality
One Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Postby One Lazy Titan » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 21:46

We have stood strong before mightier golems than what you think you are .... what makes you think you're special ?
Throw as many fleets as you want on us , you will only get headache and a crawl back to the hole you came from
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:11

^lol
Careful now. Direct insults to Greed will get scrubed. (This is still a communist forum)

Retired
Chasing reality
One Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby One Lazy Titan » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 17:50

so thats why HCs and CRs which are the most popular ships have red weapons ...

We have stood strong before mightier golems than what you think you are .... what makes you think you're special ?
Throw as many fleets as you want on us , you will only get headache and a crawl back to the hole you came from
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 00:18

Logans Run wrote:I actually like the time limit idea..haven't heard that one before.

It's one of the oldest suggestions...

Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 01:35

Wlerin wrote:
Logans Run wrote:I actually like the time limit idea..haven't heard that one before.

It's one of the oldest suggestions...

Yeah but nobody is quite the forum ho like you.

Retired
Chasing reality
One Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby One Lazy Titan » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 17:17

look guys , it worked ! wizard has implemented a feature that no one asked for ! its something :D

Return to “General”