Moderator: Support Moderators

Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: D2-[DOGE] VGM & more.
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: New AE Unofficial Discord Server

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:01

1. Mods who have engaged in aggressive speech pre-creation of the official rules of the server were told not to engage in said speech again (in response to Aurkhi). This also applied to regular users who also engaged in somewhat personal and aggressive speech before the posting of the rules. Said speech is no-longer used. ("personal/aggressive speech" does not include racist language, as that was always not allowed even before the creation of official rules)

2. I have no friends or mods who actively call people the n word and most definitely do not do so within the Discord server itself.

There are 500 accounts registered within the Discord with around 350 actively reading/posting, and most wouldn't support the characterization of moderators being aggressive and being complacent and friendly with egregious, racist behavior. The server has many players helping teach new players the game as well as the in depth server politics of well knows players. If any players have any suspicions, I would recommend joining the Discord and seeing for yourself.

As stated in the warning given, the only problem was with the specific word used and not the context around the word itself ("just word it in a different way"). A server allowing the use of the n word hard r in any capacity is not a server that would be enjoyable for a majority of the AE community.

OG Kush
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Ceti KiWi 1st Guild

Postby OG Kush » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:10

This childish outburst does not belong in the forums.

You were not kicked for expressing dismay towards past actions, of specific people. You were kicked because you were spamming something very offensive.

High like a pyramid.

I don't always play AE. But when I do, I prefer win.

I would take a lemon for a good cause, but they ran out.
Beowulf
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Beowulf » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:17

Event Horizon wrote:
Fri 24 Jul, 2020 02:30
It's not the job of white moderators to police how people of colour talk about their experience of racism. They should absolutely be able to name what's been said to them. That is not the same as using it as an epithet, in fact it's the exact opposite.
Thank you, yes.

The Chronicles of Alicus.
OG Kush
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby OG Kush » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:27

Are you formally denying the accusations made against you?

High like a pyramid.

Event Horizon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [╰▲╯] Ævikings
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Event Horizon » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:33

Sean Likes Pandas wrote:
Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:01

As stated in the warning given, the only problem was with the specific word used and not the context around the word itself ("just word it in a different way"). A server allowing the use of the n word hard r in any capacity is not a server that would be enjoyable for a majority of the AE community.
Except that he wasn't "using" the word, he was telling you and everyone else in there that it was used against him. That is not the same thing. I know moderation can be hard but this should be obvious. You don't punish the person who calls out racism, you punish the racist, and you certainly don't silence the person who calls it out, ban them and delete their entire message history. People who experience racism should absolutely be able to talk ABOUT the language that is used against them without mods treating them the same as racists. That is being consistently anti-racist.

OG Kush
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby OG Kush » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 03:36

you really are a moron.

As seans legal council I would recommend that he screenshots his audit log. And if Alicus, who is making very extreme accusations, would like to provide screenshots of his wholesome posts (matching time stamps of course) then maybe this can be a good thread.

High like a pyramid.

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 05:00

Dont like the rules
Dont use the discord

Grow up

AbeTeddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: H:[IC]
I:[WL]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby AbeTeddy » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 07:20

What we are saying is that the black moderator needs to flex his muscle eh?

H2: FTA, I2: DNH Sigma: SITH, J2: Mordor K2: FTW L2: DREAM
Themis
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Themis » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 11:51

This forum is for stuff about the game. It's not somewhere to bring complaints about something only loosely affiliated and not part of AE. So please don't bring your dramas here.
That being said, let's be very clear that we won't tolerate racist or other discriminatory behaviour on this forum.
Oh, and filter bypasses are still not permitted.
Locking this.

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!

Return to “General”