Request: Go through FMR and actually implement some of them instead of using it as an excuse to stifle discussion

General discussion forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

GoldenSun3DS

Request: Go through FMR and actually implement some of them instead of using it as an excuse to stifle discussion

Postby GoldenSun3DS » Wed 01 Sep, 2021 20:13

On a normal game, a "Frequently Made Requests" thread would be fine and actually be required. Rejected ideas should be banned from discussion to prevent cluttering up the forum of an active game. It is pointless to continue discussing an idea that the game developers have already said they won't implement.

But the problem is that this is NOT a normal game. It's a dying game, the forum has low activity, and the game developers (is there even more than 1?) rarely if ever implement changes to improve the game.

So the FMR thread is just a graveyard of amazing ideas that are blocked from being discussed. And there is only so many ideas that can be thought of that you inevitably end up with something similar to the vast amount already listed. Just when you think of something unique and good to improve the game, it turns out that it's similar to something in the FMR thread and a forum mod locks it.

Even when you think that you've made a good spin on an idea to make it stand apart, it still runs the risk of being stifled by being locked.

So, either Wizard needs to go through the FMR thread (and perhaps some threads that haven't been added to that list) and discuss implementing some of them, or stop locking threads just because an idea is similar to something suggested 10 years ago.

While I won't call for a boycott, I personally won't be playing any new servers without anything major to improve the game, like detering JG multis by making JG building not suicidal to your own account, new AI opponents, new structures, things to do with gas giants and asteroid fields, etc. It's just not fun starting over every 6 months with the exact same game and none of its flaws fixed on top of the extreme activity required in the first few weeks to stay competitive.

Ron Burgandy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ceti:ASG
Galaxy: Ceti

Re: Request: Go through FMR and actually implement some of them instead of using it as an excuse to stifle discussion

Postby Ron Burgandy » Mon 27 Sep, 2021 01:25

Try to come up with something unique and well thought out instead of complaining we don’t have some poorly thought out and completely unbalanced features in the game that would kill it sooner.

...lol plus why should i tell you?? your the one who wants to jump in and bite the lion on the nuts
I may not be active, but I am watching ... Always watching :twisted:
Simba
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Evil pl0x
Galaxy: Kappa

Re: Request: Go through FMR and actually implement some of them instead of using it as an excuse to stifle discussion

Postby Simba » Tue 28 Sep, 2021 11:35

At this point i think any change would be better then no change...

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Sat 30 Oct, 2021 08:36

i only want my master commander training button...as i am sick and done with clicking 1000x each and every commander each 7h..

your other complains are not game related, but just expose the flaws of your strategy.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: VIVA
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Sun 31 Oct, 2021 19:49

Golden is completely right here. This game was a completely different one 10 years ago and even 5 years ago. The same thing suggested back then for v1.5 or v2.0 of the game might not have worked but work for AE v3.0. Also, 10 years ago it was normal for servers to have the population to fill 60s while now, with the situational exception of Antares, we never even get a 40s cluster.

The argument to come up with something original is a silly one. Feature request isn't a competition about who can make the most exotic new idea. That place is meant to offer a window into what improvements to the game the community sees as most desirable.

And usually it's the most commonly mentioned ones and the most simple ones that are both most desirable, balanced and easy to implement. Such ideas then tend to be repeated.

I don't have a gun

Return to “General”