50%
6. No thats a waste spend it on a army of scouts ships instead
21%

Total votes: 14
toxicx
Galaxy: Epsilon

Yum Pringels

Postby toxicx » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 01:25

A long time Ago in a universe far far away back in 1987 before i was born my fleet flying above my stronghold got totally farmed out along with the base. Out frustration i yelled watch me u ***** I shall get my revange by building epic defence base 2!

And so i did i spend years and year OK not really just 8 months. On a single base a base ( sadly thats still under construction)

. . . now i wonder should i build beyond lv10 ring and cc25 or not and if yes how can i turn this *beep* base into a more *beep* base besides stripping it to zero eco

( by the by this is just a espi base not Alpha or Beta )

basilisk101
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Yum Pringels

Postby basilisk101 » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 08:52

Is this a serious question?

Look at the prod cap on that base, you should have your answer. That's WAY too many defenses. You're stunting your growth by using so many base resources on defense structures instead of other more important structures, namely prod.

~Time flies like an arrow. Fruit Flies like a banana~
Akira wrote:Attention whoring is not technically against the rules. Carry on
Ribbentrop wrote:I'm like five trolls put together to form an ultimate troll Zord!
scyther
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: F:PIMP/RAVE
G:POKE
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby scyther » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 08:56

basilisk101 wrote:Is this a serious question?

Look at the prod cap on that base, you should have your answer. That's WAY too many defenses. You're stunting your growth by using so many base resources on defense structures instead of other more important structures, namely prod.
agreed, anything over 15 rings until late game is WAY overkill. disband EVERYTHING under pshields.

also cc;s serve no purpose unless your housing a like 400k+ fleet there, and even than make little diffence with the amount of prings you have... disband em all

:wall:

Ex Poke missing the tall grass.
basilisk101
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby basilisk101 » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 09:14

Many will argue that anything over 10-15 rings is worthless even late-game. But the point is still the same: while you're busy spamming defenses for 8 months, your neighbor is busy spamming prod cap and fleet. At the end of those 8 months, you will be so disadvantaged fleet-wise that your neighbor will pound your mobile into submission every chance he gets.

Ribbentrop wrote:I'm like five trolls put together to form an ultimate troll Zord!
scyther
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: F:PIMP/RAVE
G:POKE
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby scyther » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 09:16

basilisk101 wrote:Many will argue that anything over 10-15 rings is worthless even late-game. But the point is still the same: while you're busy spamming defenses for 8 months, your neighbor is busy spamming prod cap and fleet. At the end of those 8 months, you will be so disadvantaged fleet-wise that your neighbor will pound your mobile into submission every chance he gets.
ive personally never built any more than 10 rings, and thats only on occasion. i prefer having the large fleet :P

although ive really never gone late game so that may change as my accnts age

Ex Poke missing the tall grass.
xJudicatorx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xJudicatorx » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 13:20

:nonono

What a waste

I've seen a rich man beg; I've seen a good man sin; I've seen a tough man cry.
I've sen a loser win and a sad man grin; I've heard an honest man lie.
Mostly Harmless AE page on facebook
toxicx

Postby toxicx » Fri 12 Feb, 2010 16:18

xJudicatorx wrote::nonono

What a waste
Nah it help to cover my fleet sametime i allso dont have to use guild blobs anymore witch get crashed every so manny weeks :lol: so its tottaly worth the 150 eco i had to sacrafice for it

basilisk101
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby basilisk101 » Sat 13 Feb, 2010 06:00

40 rings will only protect very small fleets. Unless you never plan on getting more than a few million fleet total, there's no way to protect it without being on a blob. If you fly it around a lot, it'll get recall trapped somewhere along the line. If you leave it on the base, it'll get dropped for profit.

Morfraen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Morfraen » Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:14

That base is a joke... come back when you have 13+ PR and 0 barracks.

Morfraen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Morfraen » Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:16

basilisk101 wrote:Many will argue that anything over 10-15 rings is worthless even late-game.
FT swarms make it so 15 PR or 45 PR, it's still profitable to hit even with only 1-2 DN for fleet.

basilisk101
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby basilisk101 » Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:24

Exactly. The extra energy that it takes to run those extra 35 rings is ungodly, not to mention the actual costs of the rings themselves.

toxicx

Postby toxicx » Sat 13 Feb, 2010 12:18

Morfraen wrote:
basilisk101 wrote:Many will argue that anything over 10-15 rings is worthless even late-game.
FT swarms make it so 15 PR or 45 PR, it's still profitable to hit even with only 1-2 DN for fleet.

Well what if my base protects a big FT swarm then its worth having sutch a overpowered base. . . afterall u cant shield rape the base with Heavy cruisers

Morfraen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Morfraen » Sun 14 Feb, 2010 00:56

toxicx wrote:
Morfraen wrote:

Well what if my base protects a big FT swarm then its worth having sutch a overpowered base. . . afterall u cant shield rape the base with Heavy cruisers
Then someone comes along with enough BS to clean them up and makes a huge profit off you. There is no way to protect anything more than 1-2 DN except by parking it in a blob.

Morfraen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Morfraen » Sun 14 Feb, 2010 00:56

basilisk101 wrote:Exactly. The extra energy that it takes to run those extra 35 rings is ungodly, not to mention the actual costs of the rings themselves.
You'd think, but long term they're on par with the cost of other structures like OSY10.

basilisk101
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby basilisk101 » Sun 14 Feb, 2010 07:46

But OSY 10 actually serve a useful purpose :paranoid:

And like Morf pointed out, there is no way to keep any 'real' amount of fleet safe over any amount of CC/rings. Every single fleet type can be taken out profitable by a different fleet type, even if it's on rings and 25+ CC.

Return to “General”