28 days later...a new post in Fenix!

object
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: c:BSMF
f:RAVE

28 days later...a new post in Fenix!

Postby object » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 18:46

Its been about a month since the blob crash and the winners and losers are clearly defined now.

First off, coming out as Server Champions are Noise and Fate. Fueled by billions in debris Noise has been growing at a dead steady rate since the crash and look to emerge much stronger in the coming months. They bought some breathing room by dissociating themselves with SL and are rebuilding in peace. Fate is currently the undisputed top dog on the server and is engaged in a efficient systematic extermination of all SL. Completely unopposed in every galaxy cluster they are making massive profits hitting every crippled SL support fleet or solo mobile that touch ground or come out of VM.

Though they lost the pile, the clear moral victor of the crash is XI who put up a good fight against greater numbers. Post crash, they are rebuilding and look to pass up SL in the ranks any day now (edit:They have passed SL in ranks). They already are sporting better averages in level/econ/fleet size.

The big loser is SL who are getting absolutely obliterated with overwhelming numbers on a daily basis throughout the server. Unable to mount any resistance, any guild profit margin from the crash is being consumed by Fate as support and remaining mobile fleets are destroyed.

tl;dr: Blob crash --> Noise + Fate = :dance: :clap: , XI = 8-) , SL = :cry:

Disclaimer: This is a statement of the facts and not endorsed by any guild leadership.
Last edited by object on Fri 15 Feb, 2013 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

Vladimirov
Guild: [XI]
[SOUP]
Galaxy: Fenix

Re: 28 days later...a new post in Fenix!

Postby Vladimirov » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 00:32

object it was SL who pushed for this war mostly as result of the !!!! debacle, i tried to prevent this i talk with all leaders before the war during the war and even now i am still open for ways to make this server a fun server again. as for SL looks like the past is hunting you, where noise has been a guild respecting the server in the way they acted SL was determent to kill off SGC and TE the moment we XI putted them back on the map, which caused alot of bad blood i guess and that's hunting you guys now.

XI atm is rebuilding but also reforming, as you might have noticed we dropped many members down and i started to streamline things a bit. Exar was aiming for the end of this great guild after the crash, i always aimed to keep it alive to keep the server fun and to restore honor in our reputation.

SL had there chance to solve this in the many chats the guild leaders had. but when the last idea (which was written by Silver Dragon [FATE] and Yarilo [XI] (before we get ppl claiming XI was not willing to talk)) was turned down and you guys declared war this situation was just a matter of time

I would like to invite all guild leaders to start talking about the future of this server

Hellion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Hellion » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 05:21

@object

Sometimes through a series of diplomatic decisions it can end poorly. Much of the time these situations don't just magically happen on its own but rather the result of said decisions. Perhaps a better question is a reflection of what led up to the situation you are currently in to figure out why your there.

TheSenator

Postby TheSenator » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 15:38

object wrote: Though they lost the pile, the clear moral victor of the crash is XI who put up a good fight against greater numbers.
there is no room for moral victories in ae...only the guys who 'eat' the pile and those who 'eat' the dust.

noise took the pile and i bet they have invested it in ships. their fleet will pop up by the night in a while.

as for xi they can rebuild for an year flat,but they wont be no 1 again..maybe next century.

Setting taxes is easy.
object
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: c:BSMF
f:RAVE

Postby object » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 16:53

The post was more about the "War" half of P&W. I was just documenting the end result of the biggest battle of Fenix. I am not part of any diplomacy but most "diplomacy" is just about profit and the easiest path to find it.

mr deejay

Postby mr deejay » Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:18

I recall a much different version of "pre-server blob" events where Tank was showing the logs of the Server Discussion. In it, Exar and Yarilo clearly wanted to dominate the server by not breaking off more players to balance the server. Every scenario ended with XI still being number 1 and that didn't sit well with SL members.

Now, as to the state of the server, Fate has a good chance at making it even once again. However, they chose to NAP other guilds in order to fight SL, they leave themselves open to retaliation. If Noise ever had the balls to fight anyone again on this server (remind everyone that they NAPed everyone, everywhere, all times except the last war only because XI would declare on them), they would not have a problem because Fate spent their efforts chasing and killing SL members across the server.

Since neither Fate nor TE leadership ever fought a server war, the only thing they do best is bottomfeed. They have never successfully fought anyone of their strength and won, so the only odds they know are 340:1. If anyone of them had a sack, they would wait 3 months and fight a guild on its feet.

What they are going to do is push SL into Noise and blob all over again. With Fate spread out all over the entire server like a bunch of noobs, at any point in time, XD might be formed and the killing would be glorious. Since no one from Fate ever thought that far ahead, I doubt they will ever see it coming.

I doubt Noise would tolerate Fate getting stronger as time goes on, but then again, SL leadership did lead the guild to victory because Noise never fought a server war in Fenix. Noise would need the balls and fortitude to bring it to Fate in the absence of SL strength and leadership.

Hellion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Hellion » Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:37

mr deejay wrote:I recall a much different version of "pre-server blob" events where Tank was showing the logs of the Server Discussion. In it, Exar and Yarilo clearly wanted to dominate the server by not breaking off more players to balance the server. Every scenario ended with XI still being number 1 and that didn't sit well with SL members.

Now, as to the state of the server, Fate has a good chance at making it even once again. However, they chose to NAP other guilds in order to fight SL, they leave themselves open to retaliation. If Noise ever had the balls to fight anyone again on this server (remind everyone that they NAPed everyone, everywhere, all times except the last war only because XI would declare on them), they would not have a problem because Fate spent their efforts chasing and killing SL members across the server.

Since neither Fate nor TE leadership ever fought a server war, the only thing they do best is bottomfeed. They have never successfully fought anyone of their strength and won, so the only odds they know are 340:1. If anyone of them had a sack, they would wait 3 months and fight a guild on its feet.

What they are going to do is push SL into Noise and blob all over again. With Fate spread out all over the entire server like a bunch of noobs, at any point in time, XD might be formed and the killing would be glorious. Since no one from Fate ever thought that far ahead, I doubt they will ever see it coming.

I doubt Noise would tolerate Fate getting stronger as time goes on, but then again, SL leadership did lead the guild to victory because Noise never fought a server war in Fenix. Noise would need the balls and fortitude to bring it to Fate in the absence of SL strength and leadership.
Its mostly true about the XI thing as most guilds would state about the same and even if you didn't find out directly they usually merged one time after another. If they didn't have a use for you directly they didn't see much wrong with straight up backstabbing you as allies still and just levi your entire guild (like DMTNT).

FATE has been involved in several server wars as they are one of the larger guilds on the server off and on over the course of the server. I doubt I need to specify every example exactly but in most server wars it usually involved almost every guild minus 1-2 and it was not always the same guilds.

FATE and TE have always been sort of one in the same where it counted. Usually the decision of one of the two led to the same decision on the other. Though sometimes that doesn't happen that way it was pretty rare that it didn't.

XD from all the writing on it was more formed to deal with a very threatening issue of XI taking over the server. Even people not in the war understood that as problematic but never was it meant to be a permanent guild. Pretty sure the goal of XD wasn't to replace one power block with another power block.

I am not sure what you refer to by the absence of SL strength and leadership in Noise. Noise has time after time proved that it could do well in a number of wars whether SL was involved or not. Though many wars they were involved in were not actual declarations it usually ended with a victory in some fashion or form. Just like there was the war with RAVE viewtopic.php?f=71&t=102889 and the declaration by SL and Noise on XI more recently. Unless said leadership and strength helped them defeat RAVE also which means SL backstabbed their own friends.

abnormal soldier
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Dead and Gone

Postby abnormal soldier » Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:47

mr deejay wrote:I recall a much different version of "pre-server blob" events where Tank was showing the logs of the Server Discussion. In it, Exar and Yarilo clearly wanted to dominate the server by not breaking off more players to balance the server. Every scenario ended with XI still being number 1 and that didn't sit well with SL members.

^ I feel this may be a victim of the derbing of SL fleets that has been happening. My question is, on a scale of 1 - supa mad, how mad are you? :roll:

"This game is cancer" -FrostyGoblin
mr deejay

Postby mr deejay » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 04:45

On a scale of 1 to 10, my madness is 11 but sorry to tell you, I became 30M credits richer because of XI's derbing.

I think the current spin by Fate's leadership of trying to bully the server into compliance is exactly the same road Exar went down. Fate thinks SL is a threat to them after they digest their derbs. However, Noise took half those derbs. There was maybe 11-12B derbs made on that crash, even if it was split down the middle, SL would never be able to contend with Fate if it was ALLOWED to digest its derbs. Reliance's campaign of ridding the server of SL to "even the outcome of the server" is self deprecating. Fate stands to be the top dog no matter what.

Fate turning their backs on Noise and XI and allow them to grow is a huge mistake because in all cases, the remainder of the SL fleets will join with Noise and both the guilds will super-blob again. Only this time, Fate has to contend with the fact that putting Noise and SL together gives them the ultimate run of the server with their JG networks.

Reliance tries to spin a story where we crushed TE into running into Fate's arms. We snuck up on them in their own server set and sat there for an hour to show them our prowess. At any point in time, we could have crushed them. We levied a fleet total on them and they ran. As I recall Fate crushed TE into compliance. Fate forced TE into joining or obliteration.

I don't see how Reliance puts two and two together on any of the lies he's spread. We aren't concerned with any guilds at the moment, much less TE. They fail on their own and they fail in conjunction with Fate. What Reliance doesn't see is the end-game of the server: XI went down the same path and look where they are. If he truly wants a server to be balanced, then don't let your "new-found" power to your head. I know it's tough to deal with the fact that your guild is #1 by default, but piss off enough people and you go the same route as XI.

That's just good advice.

Reliance

Postby Reliance » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 17:27

Fate has a policy of not posting on the forums, which is why you rarely see us here. As you all know even better than I do, the forums are for trolling and nothing more. But I am the Fate GM now, and so the unwholesome task of saying something here from time to time falls on me.

The reason I am posting is to share with you the terms of surrender we offered SL last Friday. You can judge for yourselves whether they justify all the whining and teeth gnashing SL is putting on, both here and in-game. They asked for an unconditional ceasefire with 3 day cancellation a couple of weeks ago and we said no. Then they asked for our terms -- I could post FNAV's priceless PM surrendering and asking for terms, but I won't, because this is not 1919, SL is not Germany, and what we have offered is not the Treaty of Versailles.

So, here are the terms we offered SL:

1. SL disbands all of its bases in F30-34 and agrees not to build there ever again except for a single base adjacent to any wh that may appear there ( if you can). [Note: Tank had agreed to disband SL's bases in F30-33 as part of the agreement under which Fate and XI allowed SL to leave F58 unmolested after WNS suicided into them; needless to say, Tank never upheld his side of the agreement. For reference, SL has 16 bases in F30-34.]

2. SL causes its spies and multi accounts in Fate and TE to identify themselves to Fate and TE leadership.

3. SL disbands enough in-flight fleet to put the server on a more equal footing for smaller guilds.

4. any ceasefire covers both Fate and TE and expires 30 days after Fate and TE split. [Note: SL's first request for unconditional ceasefire had only a 3 day cancellation period]

5. ceasefire goes into effect only when SL has performed items 1-3.

Of these, I can understand why number 3 might stand out. Judge for yourselves whether the wiser course for SL was to basically give us the finger or to provide a counteroffer in an effort to make peace. You can guess which they have done so far. It appears that SL learned diplomacy from WNS, which is unfortunate for them.

Forum warriors, enjoy your day.

FNAV
Guild: Delta - FLEET
Fenix - SL

Postby FNAV » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 18:25

Reliance wrote:(...)and what we have offered is not the Treaty of Versailles.
Of course not, it's quite worse! Learn your history. :nonono

And you forgot to say you started your kind offer with this sentence:

"we are considering your request for terms. unfortunately in this game an unconditional surrender actually benefits the loser more than the victor when the fight is not over territory. so we have some terms in mind. we are still fleshing these out, but if any are absolutely not going to happen we may as well stop now and just keep fighting. so, this is generally what we have in mind at this point:"

aka

"agree with these and the rest will follow"

Not a chance we are going to accept terms without knowing what's your full proposal, so you received your answer: NO!

And if you don't like the AE forum don't show up here claiming your moral superiority!!!

Simmers Are Debris
(those were the days...)
Reliance

Postby Reliance » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 18:42

Fair enough. We stand ready to negotiate. You want to spit in our faces while we derb the rest of your fleet, be my guest. Diplomacy is the art of never saying no and meaning it, and never taking no for an answer.

Look, I'm not going to beg you to negotiate. You are the ones who want peace. Propose something we can work with that you actually think in good faith we might accept. That's what we did. The first term is something SL ALREADY agreed to do more than a year ago and never did. How can you in good faith refuse to do it now? The second term is so laughably easy for you I truly can't understand why you have such a problem with it. And the third term, well, there's the rub -- but compare what you think you might lose (and we might gain in derbs) over the next weeks and months to something less that you could agree to (or another mechanism to accomplish the goal), and propose something.

Or don't. You don't want to actually try to hammer out a deal? Fine. You'd rather forum warrior and cry and whine? Fine.

Do what you want to do. But don't blame us for the results.

UR Enemy

Postby UR Enemy » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 20:52

SL - old Rave & Goon also the rabble from WoG i.e. Deitylords lot who went there, it is so good to see you complete backstabbing liars getting what you deserve on a more epic level than previously.

You guys have burnt too many bridges in Fenix - each time you have gone against agreements either in your own guild tags or in SL.

I personally cannot think of one person in SL who has shown any honesty and decency at all - so good to see most of you quit and look forward to the rest pressing the delete button in next week or two!

alexei
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A X.Org
D AYAYA
F SL
I Idea
Galaxy: Delta

Postby alexei » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 21:54

yes, indeed.

we were the ones who invaded a cluster of a guild we were pacted with (WoG, long time ago).

we were the ones who scurried an ally out of their home cluster, barely giving enough warning (XI, first time around).

we were the ones who were never there to support our allies (XI, back in the beggining. DZR. RAVE/others. Noise. even !!!!.)

we were also the ones that backstabbed our ally, who was blobbing with us and making combined ops with us (!!!!).

yes, we were the backstabbing SoBs, every time. this is not a guild using it's power to put down their biggest threats, it's nothing like that.

please take into consideration i'm not insulting anyone here. you are using that power, you have every right to it, and no one is to say otherwise. just don't coat it with lies.

PS: ain't it funny that it was actually Fate who put the final stab on TE, back when they dissolved? a stab that we spared them of? how quaint.

Habibi the Infidel wrote:(...) I have nothing but respect for Alexei.
Jonny Five wrote:by just saying hello Alexei owns you, every single time, anything from that moment on is just him chatting to you for the lol...
Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Kakarot » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 22:05

A treaty worse than Versailles created by you guys to half of the winning side to "do good for smaller guilds" by ignoring the other half and the losing side to compensate for TE's insecurity of going it alone... Did I get it all?

Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me six months, I'm unbeatable.

Return to “Fenix”