If you were perma occed what would you LIKE to do

General discussion forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

If you were perma occed what would you do, based on upgrade.

I am usually upgraded for 1-3 months and would quit at the end of my upgrade.
29%
I am usually upgraded for 1-3 months and would fight the occupier or would relocate to an upper or other galaxy.
43%
I am usually upgraded for 1-3 months and would relocate to a BRAND NEW cluster created 1 or 3 months into the server, but would not upgrade again.
No votes
I am usually upgraded for 1-3 months and would relocate to a BRAND NEW cluster created 1 or 3 months into the server, and upgrade for MORE months.
No votes
I am usually upgraded for 6 months and would quit before or at the end of my upgrade.
14%
I am usually upgraded for 6 months and would fight the occupier or would relocate to an upper or other galaxy.
No votes
I am usually upgraded for 6 months and would relocate to a BRAND NEW cluster created 1 or 3 months into the server, but would not upgrade again.
No votes
I am usually upgraded for 6 months and would relocate to a BRAND NEW cluster created 1 or 3 months into the server, and I would UPGRADE for more months.
14%

Total votes: 7
Sard
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

If you were perma occed what would you LIKE to do

Postby Sard » Sun 03 Mar, 2013 01:54

Guys this is a poll based on an FR I lodged, but only interested in New server answers.

Quite often people start in a server and find they are amoungst a guild who may not allow them to join, and will occ or try to occ them out of the stronghold.

We all know it is hard to occ an active player, but some are just not willing to try to fight - they dont want to play that type of game.

Now based on the type of UPGRADE you would buy, what would you like to do.

AE only allow 10 Questions so free accounts have not been included, and I have had to amalgamate some of the questions.

Plus only interested in smaller upgrades.

and no - some other description/punishment/horrific torture, is not going to be available as an answer.

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: If you were perma occed what would you LIKE to do

Postby fendelius » Sun 03 Mar, 2013 02:09

well none of your answers is what i would do. i would spawn vettes and break all the occs of the guy thats perma occing me, and i would spawn other ships and snipe his recyclers, and i guess i would move some of my bases or reduce there eco so he has worse pillages and i would blind his scout network thrut he galaxy. Many times perma occers are so intent on there victims that they leave "lighter ship groups" on other occs. For more serious offenses i would politically hook up with my friends in the server and see if they want to kill the levi, titan or dread thats sititng on my base and if theat dont work theres always "lets change the entire server politics" thing, but some people dont like that so in alot of servers i play in i promise to do nothing political so i dont get a backlash. But the solution to being perma occd if you cant break it and your guild cant break it is always a political solution or the worst case is you can relocate, but usually if you relocate you get into a new area and yoru behind everyone so your more likely to be weaker in the new area than the old area. and lets face it most people who are perma occd and quit are people who put all there astros in one galaxy, so remember to sprewad out your astros into at least three galaxies cause the cahances your perma occer lives in all three galaxies is slight.

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Kakarot » Sun 03 Mar, 2013 04:17

It really depends on the situation. I would just counter the occ force and collect the derbs and learn when the player is offline and take advantage of it. If I am making profit from it I would leave them to it and make a few CCs to help. Then again I haven't been at my swashbuckling best for a while now and I am not as active as I used to be.

Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me six months, I'm unbeatable.
Sard
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Sard » Sun 03 Mar, 2013 09:05

So basically you would fight.

The Question is based on a perma occ - so it does not matter what you do, the guild and the player continue to perma occ you.

Thats fine if you decide to stay and continue fighting, some do all the time.

But I am interested in seeing if you would just -
a) Quit
b) Fight or Just relocate to another cluster
c) If a Brand NEW Cluster opened up - ie no bases, would you move into it and consider upgrading again.

Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Kakarot » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 06:43

Sard wrote:So basically you would fight.

The Question is based on a perma occ - so it does not matter what you do, the guild and the player continue to perma occ you.

Thats fine if you decide to stay and continue fighting, some do all the time.

But I am interested in seeing if you would just -
a) Quit
b) Fight or Just relocate to another cluster
c) If a Brand NEW Cluster opened up - ie no bases, would you move into it and consider upgrading again.
Nothing is ever permanent especially if they lose a lot of fleet to you. I have fought it off twice and got about 6 million in derbs from it. One force was levis, the other was frigs. Easy pickings once you have the upper hand in JGs, CCs and activity. In those two cases it did matter what I did. If I didn't adapt then it would have been relocation. The game is about profitability. I'm gonna keep allowing pay checks if I can collect them, if I can't then after a period of time I will relocate unless it's a key JG.

The only time I'll quit this game is following a war and not due to perma-occupation as it takes too damn long :( Rebuilding gets rid of a wider range of players than perma-occs.

Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me six months, I'm unbeatable.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 08:14

Depends whether I still cared about the server and/or my account. If I didn't care about the account but, for example, wanted to hang around with my guild mates and continue trolling our neighbours and other more distant denizens, I'd probably (and this is entirely hypothetical) disband all my eco to avoid credit transfer and then continue on my merry way.

And then still get banned, because the adm... er, I mean, the point is the above doesn't actually work, and you'll still get banned.

Return to “General”