Beginning of the End

Aestris
Guild: NoOne
Galaxy: Lyra

Beginning of the End

Postby Aestris » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 05:38

Amigo/NxM loses up to 700m in suicides, including Matu (who previously suicided NoOne in a cheap, but clever, move).

Last Chance Resort
Guild: Skyrim home of Nords

Re: Beginning of the End

Postby Last Chance Resort » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 08:22

So in effect you want this server to be less alive then before. Atleast stuff happens what you want is total server kill mode. No one wins if one guild controls everything.

Mar0vus

Postby Mar0vus » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 08:32

The server is already a corpse. Only the losing side of the final server war would cry about server death at this point.

Last Chance Resort

Postby Last Chance Resort » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 08:54

Sadly we can still fix that... but neither side is will to de-zerg themselves now. Break up the Tri-Noone and NMX and Amigo alliance.

Last Chance Resort

Postby Last Chance Resort » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 08:57

I want to keep playing this server not sit here and do nothing. As i stated no one wins in a server death. We can either fix this as a whole or just all walk away from this.

Kirk

Postby Kirk » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 14:55

Well the funny thing is, we had such agreements to keep a viable,/fun server with Amigo/Rom, when we joined together and killed Dream.

We then broke our alliance with 3x, to open up the server.

So what does Amigo do? They recruit the ex leader of Dream, Balol/Captain Death Kiler/Survivor. Balol then pays off with account exchanges, and favors for accounts on Lyra to sui NoOne. Hacks into accounts and Skype chats. And recruits from other servers to create a jg network within NoOne SH.They ally themselves with 3x and attempt to zerg against NoOne.

Wrong move, cause NoOne dont quit because of Sui's, or the many other shady things that happened to them, they regroup and get revenge. They pull together and kill the rest of the server one piece at a time.

You had your chance to keep a fun, open server alive, but choose to try and backstab NoOne instead. I wonder why they killing you all off.

Aestris

Postby Aestris » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 06:22

Last Chance Resort wrote:I want to keep playing this server not sit here and do nothing. As i stated no one wins in a server death. We can either fix this as a whole or just all walk away from this.
That doesn't even make sense.

>Server dies
>No one wins
>Let's fix this and walk away from it

When a server dies for good, it is because somebody won. If you aren't having fun, a new server opens every six months. There is nothing to fix. Let's rephrase it.

>Server dies
>NoOne wins
>Let's walk away from it

Cloudguy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: N:KING; A2:CURa; D2:GLORY; R:BS

Postby Cloudguy » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 16:11

Aestris wrote:
When a server dies for good, it is because somebody won. If you aren't having fun, a new server opens every six months. There is nothing to fix. Let's rephrase it.

>Server dies
>NoOne wins
>Let's walk away from it
You still got it wrong.

>Server is dead (50% of every guild is pretty much inacto)
>Years (literally) were spent playing a server to win by killing it? That makes me feel like kind of a loser for wasting any time playing this game at all. The royals kill servers within months, so not much of an achievement there.
>Just about everyone already did. There is only one guild left at this point that, in spite of it already being a dead server, who still has not yet managed to actually finish off anything that is left.

Unless you guys are literally planning on sticking around and continuing to play after the majority of the rest of the active players are already gone, what difference does it make when you launch on the remaining blobs? Are you going to stick around to "farm everyone out of existence"? What difference would that make? Nobody would have any reason to even bother playing anymore.

There was not one single person that killed this server. The same thing happened here that happens on every other server with the passage of time.

Aestris

Postby Aestris » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 18:34

That post was more of a personal attack than being a contributor to the discussion.

So nobody can win a server, no matter what? And we need to cheat really hard to kill a server? k.

Cloudguy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: N:KING; A2:CURa; D2:GLORY; R:BS

Postby Cloudguy » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 21:38

At least half of the post was factual information.

Most guilds do "cheat" from time to time. It depends on your definition of "cheating". Nobody would argue though that logging into someone elses account that you might happen to have the credentials for and crashing their fleet into a blob is not cheating. I am sure virtually every "top" guild on every server has had someone responsible for doing that against an enemy guild at some point or another.

Cheating is part of the reason why servers die. SK basically summed up what happens on every server in this post:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... 77#5783177

This game was never created so it could be "won". Some players just created a definition of "winning" based on making a server unplayable or killing it. Most MMORPG developers dont create games that are meant to be "won" since it benefits them to keep the game going into perpetuity so they can collect fees and ad dollars. This particular game is no different.

Zowayix42

Postby Zowayix42 » Tue 08 Jul, 2014 03:40

Lyra has been dead for well over a year. All this has done is served as a backhanded to bring those in denial into reality, Amigo/3x/Jarls were the worst culprits of that.

Gasai Yuno
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: L: [NoOne]
JKMNOP: RQ

Postby Gasai Yuno » Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:05

Kirk wrote:Well the funny thing is, we had such agreements to keep a viable,/fun server with Amigo/Rom, when we joined together and killed Dream.

We then broke our alliance with 3x, to open up the server.

So what does Amigo do? They recruit the ex leader of Dream, Balol/Captain Death Kiler/Survivor. Balol then pays off with account exchanges, and favors for accounts on Lyra to sui NoOne. Hacks into accounts and Skype chats. And recruits from other servers to create a jg network within NoOne SH.They ally themselves with 3x and attempt to zerg against NoOne.

Wrong move, cause NoOne dont quit because of Sui's, or the many other shady things that happened to them, they regroup and get revenge. They pull together and kill the rest of the server one piece at a time.

You had your chance to keep a fun, open server alive, but choose to try and backstab NoOne instead. I wonder why they killing you all off.
NoOne/Amigo pact when we killed Dream included the following clause:
Post killing of Dream, the following agreements go into place---
*No recruitment of xDream.
*NoOne drops pact with 3x (Now NxM), neither guild zergs again.
*No more useing multis
*No more suicides
*Attempt to keep the server alive

With-in a week Amigo recruited Quake and the upper 50s group. (Yea we knew about that back-room deal.).
With-in a month 3x (Now NxM) was pacted with Amigo and merging up for a zerg attempt on NoOne.
Soon there-after Balor hit NoOne with a large number of purchased suicides (Amigo leadership admited to allowing his multi into their guild and working with him.)

So yea, we up held our part of the bargain, and were rewarded by the formation of the zerg which, at the time had 2.5x as much fleet as NoTri.
Half a year later we've all but destroyed the zerg without useing a single multi or suicide. (The CLEVER thing was an oopsie.), however much you zerglings and Balorites whine about our underhanded play, we're still dominating you without cheating on the original pact.

And to clear up any questions about NoOne's end game goal:
We're going to kill Amigo and NxM and then farm into the ground any of their players who don't delete or defect.
Most of us will then quit and hand our accounts/ or derb them to leave to the players who remain.

NoOne will probably never play another server with quite the same power/effort we did Lyra, it was fun once but I doubt anyone will fall for our "We're newbs in the 50s, dun worry we can't hurt you!" tactic again :/
Plus most of the leaders find the game boring these days :P (2easy)

"A proper media-war champion." - Balor
toxa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Fenix: Total Anarchy

Postby toxa » Wed 09 Jul, 2014 07:38

The hard truth of this server is that it has been dead since, NoOne turned on Dream and tried to convince the whole server to zerg against them despite the fact that Dream is the only reason NoOne survived this server in the first place.

This server has been dominated by out of game activity for years, with back stabbing, suiciding, multiing, spies. Which goes greatly in NoOne's favour because their lack of tactics ability and backbone clearly got them no where until Dream bailed them for the failed guild they were.

toxa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Fenix: Total Anarchy

Postby toxa » Wed 09 Jul, 2014 07:55

Gasai Yuno wrote: NoOne/Amigo pact when we killed Dream included the following clause:
*No more useing multis
*No more suicides
This is a complete fn joke, you used TRI to force a mass player poaching of about 1/3 of 3x's fleet (Pretty much broken your anti zerging policy just in a dirty way) Then you have a 3 way launch at the 30's from NoOne, TRI and Jarls to all land in a 24 hour window this is the very definition of a zerg!

Second part is when was the last time anyone else ever Zerged NoOne/50's? you guys seem to cry a lot about non existent events, I was the GM at the time of 3x and I went to Amigo because you were zerging us. I always said I would fight you in fair circumstances and didn't even care you had 50% more fleet than my guild but that wasn't enough you had to bring in 2 extra guilds so stop crying about zerging and all the rest because you are the least honorable guild in the server.

johne

Postby johne » Wed 09 Jul, 2014 11:26

toxa wrote:
Gasai Yuno wrote: NoOne/Amigo pact when we killed Dream included the following clause:
*No more useing multis
*No more suicides
This is a complete fn joke, you used TRI to force a mass player poaching of about 1/3 of 3x's fleet (Pretty much broken your anti zerging policy just in a dirty way) Then you have a 3 way launch at the 30's from NoOne, TRI and Jarls to all land in a 24 hour window this is the very definition of a zerg!

Second part is when was the last time anyone else ever Zerged NoOne/50's? you guys seem to cry a lot about non existent events, I was the GM at the time of 3x and I went to Amigo because you were zerging us. I always said I would fight you in fair circumstances and didn't even care you had 50% more fleet than my guild but that wasn't enough you had to bring in 2 extra guilds so stop crying about zerging and all the rest because you are the least honorable guild in the server.
Really, now we got Sneaky Zergin . . .

Return to “Lyra”