Guild Scouting Working as Intended?

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]
Galaxy: Alpha

Guild Scouting Working as Intended?

Postby SICON » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 05:21

Hey Wizard,

Thanks again for the update!

Quick question. I have several enemy fleets about 200k all landing on the same astro. When I checked the "moving fleets" section of reports, they were not visible. The entire region is visible, but upon checking our guild's presence in the region, there were only 2 fleets belonging to players with free accounts. So, they are not contributing to reports but still removing the fog of war on a region.

Is that working as intended? I would think that if they are free accounts and cannot feed the scanners, the whole region should be grayed out with the fog of war.

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
Soldier48
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: SPuD

Re: Guild Scouting Working as Intended?

Postby Soldier48 » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:59

Can confirm what SICON is say.

We have a free account with a base in A13:37 on Alpha. If I check the reports tab for A13, no upgraded fleet has been through region 37, and thus region 37 does not appear as a scouted region. (Even looking at the map of A13 the region is grayed out to show it isn't scouted). However I can view an enemy base, and other astros in the region without fog of war.

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" (Julius Caesar)
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Wizard
Game & Development Director
Game & Development Director

Postby Wizard » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 13:42

Was not intended. Thank you for reporting.

Was now changed that you can only see the system and not the region if a non upgraded guild mate have a fleet or base there, as it was before. Still they don't feed the reports.

Wizard
Astro Empires Administration
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 16:28

@#$%@#$%@#$%&#%^&$%^*$%^*$

Soldier/Sicon = @#!%@#!$%@#$^@#$%^@$%^$

#$&$%^*%^&(&%*)&*(^&@$%^!#$%!

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]

Postby SICON » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 17:49

Rajam wrote:@#$%@#$%@#$%&#%^&$%^*$%^*$

Soldier/Sicon = @#!%@#!$%@#$^@#$%^@$%^$

#$&$%^*%^&(&%*)&*(^&@$%^!#$%!

Look, I would love to be omniscient, but I couldn't imagine that the outcome was what Wizard was going for.

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Rajam » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 19:59

Yeah, but you of all people should see the value of the way it was. Now you got that toy taken away.

Radiance
Guild: ASAE
Galaxy: Drako

Postby Radiance » Wed 02 May, 2018 15:55

I have seen a lot of complaints about these delightful new features requiring upgrade. That fact makes sense to me, but some of the free players are getting upset. Here is the latest one from ASAI Lynx:

ASAI member May 2018, 05:59:02
You guys can farm me out if you like, I'll be leaving AE (again) because of annoyances with the way it's ran and the greediness of it's owners.
Each base has little to no defense, and there's some trade routes to plunder. I thought I would check it out...and I did.
Well, anyways

======
I think the free players need a bit of goodies just to know that they are valued, too. We need paying players to survive, and free players are valuable, too.

ASAE is the only guild there is for me
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Rajam » Wed 02 May, 2018 17:20

Completely disagree with you Radiance.

From the game developer standpoint they are here to make a profit and build a user friendly product and hopefully do something they enjoy. For a little over three years they kind of left us to languish. They paid the price. Now they are putting some time and energy into this game and adding some much needed updates to it.

By their actions they are adding value to the upgraded accounts(The ones who support the game).

They have done nothing to diminish the play of a free accounts(The ones who do not support their game).

Now don't misunderstand that statement to say free accounts are no good. Free accounts are just fine. But the value you get for upgrading at this point is considerably more than it was just six months ago.

jmc92

Postby jmc92 » Wed 02 May, 2018 18:12

@Radience reminds me of the PSN store and all the little micro purchases they bundled into their games.
Considering over half the people that join a server eventually delete their accounts, whoever that frustrated player has the right idea from a practical standpoint. To pay for something so intangible, that you might end up deleting an account on, isn't a wise way to live. It's kinda like buying those packages of 500 ladybugs at the store and watching them all fly away instead of staying on your plants to eat the afids

That being said,the Devs have made a product. That took time and time is money, so it makes since for them to hope for compensation for their labors. Essentially, all mmo games are P2W, as no free player will ever fully catch up to an upgraded player. So the circle of gaming life continues, nothing new.

Gone again. A good artist can't play AE and practice his trade at the same time.
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]

Postby Philosopher Cody » Wed 02 May, 2018 19:39

I think paying members should get priority aka in this case the upgraded players get the attention. There is an old saying that goes along the lines of, "You get what you pay for." If you want to be a free account, then you get what you pay for. Actually you get a pretty good deal in fact being free. You get hours of entertainment and the ability to play this game without having to pay a penny. Now those that choose to spend a few dollars and purchase an upgrade get more because they paid for it. This is standard in life. You buy the better product, you get more. You buy first class on an airplane and you get a better seat and experience than a person who purchased the economy seat. Just because you play this game does not mean that you are entitled to anything. Not wanting to sound like an old man, but I keep noticing younger people who think they are entitled to everything. You acquire things through hard work, time, and dedication. The creators of this game are running the game to make money. They want to be able to live life just like you or anyone else. I think their prices are very reasonable and fair.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 04 May, 2018 14:19

jmc92 wrote:@Radience reminds me of the PSN store and all the little micro purchases they bundled into their games.

Not sure why it would. If you can't grasp the vast difference between a subscription and microtransactions then there's not much hope for you to contribute meaningfully to this discussion.

jmc92

Postby jmc92 » Fri 04 May, 2018 17:44

Wlerin wrote:
jmc92 wrote:@Radience reminds me of the PSN store and all the little micro purchases they bundled into their games.

Not sure why it would. If you can't grasp the vast difference between a subscription and microtransactions then there's not much hope for you to contribute meaningfully to this discussion.

Lol did I say they were exactly the same? Games are games, and both subscriptions and microtransactions have something in common.
Both are in it for cash. And people spend loads of it on both of these intangible things.
Games with subscriptions can be modified in attempt to get more people to subscribe (IE, increasing base cost) and micro-transactions modify the game as an attempt to get people to purchase them. The end goal for both is getting cash.

But like I said, I know this is to be expected, as it's their jobs.

Gone again. A good artist can't play AE and practice his trade at the same time.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 06 May, 2018 07:20

jmc92 wrote:
Wlerin wrote:

Lol did I say they were exactly the same? Games are games, and both subscriptions and microtransactions have something in common.

Yeah, they're both paid for. That's about where it ends. If that's enough for your to see a similarity, then I repeat, "there's not much hope for you to contribute meaningfully to this discussion." Microtransactions are a skinner-box mess of manipulative, money grabbing tactics that demand as much money from a player as he or she can be tricked into spending, often without any theoretical limit. Subscriptions sell the same service to everyone at the same price, with no additional payment required or possible.

Return to “Feedback”