Have we given up on Typhon fun?

JakeWarLock
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Guess....

Re: Have we given up on Typhon fun?

Postby JakeWarLock » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 19:01

Ice Pick wrote:Where did both of you clowns disappear from Alpha to?

Still waiting on Jakes shadow army and Gamer to explain to me why I ''definitely know who he is''

Was a semi-fun drunk read though boys!
Haha. Shadow army dissipated after we killed Surfnutz and his cronies off the server. I was satisified and moved on, ending my career on Alpha. Most of those targets quit, giving you and your guild free reign to do whatever you like. If you had some weird actions by people who you knew at the time, and they up and left...without any given reason, this may be why.

I am here in typhon, come play, IP :) I have a new shadow project and I am enjoying it immensely. Fun times! I killed over 800k fleet the other day. Like before, profit #1 priority. May be small to you but it's huge for this server... until it grows.

RFA forever! :twisted:

You never know where I lurk at.. I am in Alpha somewhere.. as pretty much somewhere else in other servers. :paranoid:

I am but a shadow of my former self. I am Jake WarLock, Supreme Mystic of many realms.
Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: D2-[DOGE] VGM & more.
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 19:05

You make it sound like killing fleet for profit is your personal secret...

JakeWarLock
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby JakeWarLock » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 19:34

Sean Likes Pandas wrote:You make it sound like killing fleet for profit is your personal secret...
That's the way it has always been. Only in the beginning of the server, no... it was more focused on networking, leadership etc but that part failed because of crappy LS which I wasn't happy about here in typhon.

At least you nom nom'd on my little fleet and bases while my account was in progress to be deleted so I could take over another. I would have preferred you taking them instead of going to the messed up guild LS. I knew you would :) fun times!

I see a nice juicy target right now but circumstances do not allow me as of yet but if I am right, it will present itself as an opportunity to strike. This is a strategic game after all :)

Cheers! ~

You never know where I lurk at.. I am in Alpha somewhere.. as pretty much somewhere else in other servers. :paranoid:

I am but a shadow of my former self. I am Jake WarLock, Supreme Mystic of many realms.
DamnYankee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby DamnYankee » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 20:17

Belisarius wrote:Hey Yankee, if you remember that was actually my point from the very start...
I am sure it was. I probably wasn't paying attention. I landed in GR as a result of deciding to do the "recommended" start and landed where I did. I did not take the time to try to contact anyone beforehand because honestly I just don't care with who I play with as long as they are civil. I was originally in GTK basically for the lulz of being in a farm guild but that got old quick.

I agree GR LS has not been on the ball in a few cases but hey I am having fun and pretty sure a couple members of Eric Chen's team are not liking me at the moment, but I figure respect earned is respect deserved.

RED and China have been the primary invaders into the 00s but looking forward to NATO coming to as I know more people there than in RED and China, all awesome people that are fun to be on a team with and will be a ball playing cat and mouse with them too.

In general people seem to value fake spaceboats to much. The server that I still call my most fun server was Gamma and I got derbed as often as I derbed other people. It is just fun getting in the pew pew.

As far as Logan's Run goes,dude you are to f'n funny.

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...
Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 20:29

Logans Run is too passive. If he would just get to the point and not skip around the idea of directly insulting someone then I'd enjoy more. I've never seen him make enemies. zzzzz

Belisarius
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Belisarius » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 21:13

DamnYankee wrote:In general people seem to value fake spaceboats to much. The server that I still call my most fun server was Gamma and I got derbed as often as I derbed other people. It is just fun getting in the pew pew.
Your Rank: 20 - Your Combat Experience: 153,386
Your Guild Rank: 1 - Your guild Combat Experience: 6,179,105

:D

XP, the only stat that matters!

The SPAM/ANTI guys have cried a lot about our handing the server to Vile & Eric and turning the 30s into a farmland, but if they're honest, I bet they've had a lot more fun than if we had pacted with them from the beginning!
If nothing else we've given them someone new to hate!!! :biglaugh:

JakeWarLock
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby JakeWarLock » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 21:38

Belisarius wrote:
Really? I don't give a damm about XP ranking. All you can use them for is commanders. You must still be new to this game or something... I used to care about XP when I first started out in this game over a decade ago. I learned over time, it becomes meaningless. What's important is how you play the game, nothing else. :think:

Use your XP for those high level commanders and I will kill them just as easily. XP becomes meaningless when they die. It is also just another form of eco to build something quicker. Be on top of the rank list, guys.. I don't really care! hahaha... because I will come after you and you worryin' about your place on the rank list? lol...

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 03:25

Belisarius wrote:
DamnYankee wrote:GR won't "win" the server but then neither will LEZ. RED, NATO and MOE will settle that among themselves.
Hey Yankee, if you remember that was actually my point from the very start:

1. I put together AWOL (20+/- players) the day before the server started.
2. Edgey had 9-10 players.
3. Neither one of our groups had any aspirations of winning the server. We just wanted to pew-pew and have fun. Which we have, so that's a win for us no matter what else happens.

GR & ANTI on the other hand started pre-server with the express mission to defeat Vile & Eric... they failed... exactly as I said they would when CrazyHorse/A Dawg/Ginger tried to recruit me/LEZ. It was obvious from the very start that, even with the good player base of GR, that their LS was not good enough. Sorry Danzo, you're a friend, but your association with CH and Balor... well... they suck. You never had a chance.
Same thing iv said for a few servers but for some reason he doesnt listen.

Iv told him screw all this pre pact server *beep*.
Get a group of ppl ya can trust together.
Pick a place to start
Dont pact nothing
Blow *beep* up til ya get overwhelmed.

Guess i should tell him its kind of oxymoron
Ya say ya trust me
But yet never listen to me. Lmao

Im still laughing regardless :)

Logans Run
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Logans Run » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 03:39

Sean Likes Pandas wrote: I've never seen him make enemies.
Well i try not to. But you seem to like trash talking ppl.
So i may 'once in awhile' TT those ppl back at random.
Honestly thou i dont care about your guys Typhon game.

..thou it is still amusing to read.

Nobody's Hero
Chasing reality

"Go fluff yourself, Mr. Quitboy"
-Black Widow
<3 u2 but life calls
Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 20:13

You insult people in ways that don't make them mad. Boring for everyone else reading.

All or nothing.

kessedy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: .
USSV
LEZ

Postby kessedy » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 22:33

JakeWarLock wrote:
Belisarius wrote:
Really? I don't give a damm about XP ranking. All you can use them for is commanders. You must still be new to this game or something... I used to care about XP when I first started out in this game over a decade ago. I learned over time, it becomes meaningless. What's important is how you play the game, nothing else. :think:

Use your XP for those high level commanders and I will kill them just as easily. XP becomes meaningless when they die. It is also just another form of eco to build something quicker. Be on top of the rank list, guys.. I don't really care! hahaha... because I will come after you and you worryin' about your place on the rank list? lol...
You are bad at this game in every single aspect, go away.

Mr. Bunny , the best bunny.
DamnYankee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby DamnYankee » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 00:51

swearengen wrote:Same thing iv said for a few servers but for some reason he doesnt listen.
If you are referring to me, nope I didn't listen because I haven't been around in like 2 years. I have not been in a leadership role since Gamma and I have never played any 2.0 servers. (Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0...see my sig)

That said yeah I come for the fun, been in farm guilds and honestly those guys that are willing to try to make it work against the zerg mentality and live in someone else's stronghold get my respect. As I say Gamma was my best server, coolest leadership I served under had to be on Fenix though. DL and company were awesome. I believe Gamma was my first server using Damn Yankee as a handle. Fenix I used something like Midnight Silverado. Still did not know what I was doing back then, hell still don't, but man fun times for sure.

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...
Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
JakeWarLock
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby JakeWarLock » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:04

kessedy wrote: You are bad at this game in every single aspect, go away.
Really?

I'll turn you into easter bunny when you at least expect it. ;)

DeityLord
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Trolling for spacetears, again.

Postby DeityLord » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:37

DamnYankee wrote:
swearengen wrote:Same thing iv said for a few servers but for some reason he doesnt listen.
If you are referring to me, nope I didn't listen because I haven't been around in like 2 years. I have not been in a leadership role since Gamma and I have never played any 2.0 servers. (Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0...see my sig)

That said yeah I come for the fun, been in farm guilds and honestly those guys that are willing to try to make it work against the zerg mentality and live in someone else's stronghold get my respect. As I say Gamma was my best server, coolest leadership I served under had to be on Fenix though. DL and company were awesome. I believe Gamma was my first server using Damn Yankee as a handle. Fenix I used something like Midnight Silverado. Still did not know what I was doing back then, hell still don't, but man fun times for sure.
Opening of 60s was really something special. From DOOM relocating to F60 to large fleets helping Route 66 to 3 clusters invading us. We learned a lot really fast. Built all sorts of ae tools, had our own website, etc :)

Thanks for the shout out

Logans Run
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Logans Run » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:43

Sean Likes Pandas wrote:You insult people in ways that don't make them mad. Boring for everyone else reading.

All or nothing.
If your mom finds out im picking on you too much, she'll stop playing with my one-eyed snake.

Nobody's Hero
Chasing reality

"Go fluff yourself, Mr. Quitboy"
-Black Widow
<3 u2 but life calls

Return to “Typhon”