Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 18:30

sURo wrote:
I suggest devs to reconsider, and I propose this:

When unrest reaches 100% the base will disband. Player get same discount building a new base even if not upgraded.

So you can make every factions happy, finally one side can solve a base who represent a threat, i.e. inside stronghold or beside a main gate; players who are occupied will be more busy trying to free himself before disband, better asking for a team effort of his guildmates. If base will be disbanded, the player could always rebuild in a safer place. It's a win-win, very different from actual bs.

Please add thoughts to this
I like your propose.
Sure and you will be the first to complain each time you lose one of your bases that took you 8 years to develop if not longer. If you want to stop strongholds then changes need to be made with how players start this game. Bring the game back to its Alpha roots. For example, 2 month period of new guilds, and no ability to select where you start or ability to travel between galaxies for 2 months. The game would register your IP address, and stop you from being able to restart or to create a new account for 2 months. Force people to be all mixed up in the different galaxies. Basically Wizard needs to make the servers like Alpha and insistute ways to prevent players from creating strongholds which I believe have ruined the nature and underlaying fundalements of the game.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 00:53

sofar unrest looks fine...

only few bullies remain...

and they can be dealt with.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 19:23

SEWI wrote:sofar unrest looks fine...

As can the turtles that got freed as a result of this idiotic update.... ASAE has been a thorn in the side of AstroEmpires since the beginnings, and they will eventually come to an end....

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 21:53

as far as i know on most servers its Santa who came to an end...LOL

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:10

Santa Clause wrote:
SEWI wrote:sofar unrest looks fine...

As can the turtles that got freed as a result of this idiotic update.... ASAE has been a thorn in the side of AstroEmpires since the beginnings, and they will eventually come to an end....
If you think ASAE is a thorn then maybe AE isnt a game for you.
They play their way and majority play the other way.
Unrest feature i dont fully like but reasoning for it is good.

Radiance
Galaxy: Drako

Postby Radiance » Sat 22 Sep, 2018 06:43

Puffwarrior wrote:
Once unrest falls to 40%, all the defense regenerate.
Instantly?
So if the occ has 30 rings, after 40% they have full power again?

Seriously, this unrest thing is just a gift for turtles and inactives, active ppl knows how to not be perma occed or farmed contantly

Also the gate thing leave me some doubts, but I still need to get it completely, maybe next time explain it with simple english.

This thing is a gift to NEW players and unskilled players. I enjoy killing occ'er fleets and so do other experienced ASAE players, and I expect other guilds as well. I have now freed two base in Typhon with unrest--just as I had rings researched--they were up when the base could be occ'd again and the pest is NOT back. A bit too easy, actually.

But I have watched a lot of new players squirm helplessly. There is nothing they can do and then the game is no fun. We have indeed lost players that way.

ASAE is the only guild there is for me
Radiance
Galaxy: Drako

Postby Radiance » Sat 22 Sep, 2018 07:12

Puffwarrior wrote:About inactives. If an enemy free an inactive (<41days) when his unrest is over 50%, you cannot retake it, and that is unfair.
This and other things btw, instead of keeping ppl to play (as loosers in many cases), increase players unhappiness to play, and I personally saw many posts on several boards like this
This unrest rule is killing me. I lost all my interest in this game. :(
I suggest devs to reconsider, and I propose this:

When unrest reaches 100% the base will disband. Player get same discount building a new base even if not upgraded.

So you can make every factions happy, finally one side can solve a base who represent a threat, i.e. inside stronghold or beside a main gate; players who are occupied will be more busy trying to free himself before disband, better asking for a team effort of his guildmates. If base will be disbanded, the player could always rebuild in a safer place. It's a win-win, very different from actual bs.

Please add thoughts to this
Disbanding an occ'd base and building a new one elsewhere has always been an option. Sometimes it is an excellent choice.
But most of the time, people want to free their bases.

ASAE is the only guild there is for me
swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sat 22 Sep, 2018 11:24

Radiance wrote:
Puffwarrior wrote:
Once unrest falls to 40%, all the defense regenerate.
Instantly?
So if the occ has 30 rings, after 40% they have full power again?

Seriously, this unrest thing is just a gift for turtles and inactives, active ppl knows how to not be perma occed or farmed contantly

Also the gate thing leave me some doubts, but I still need to get it completely, maybe next time explain it with simple english.

This thing is a gift to NEW players and unskilled players. I enjoy killing occ'er fleets and so do other experienced ASAE players, and I expect other guilds as well. I have now freed two base in Typhon with unrest--just as I had rings researched--they were up when the base could be occ'd again and the pest is NOT back. A bit too easy, actually.

But I have watched a lot of new players squirm helplessly. There is nothing they can do and then the game is no fun. We have indeed lost players that way.
Game loses players because there isnt anything on game to show players how to fight.
Much more simple to just toss this into the game rather then to put something together so players know what the heck they are doing

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Sat 22 Sep, 2018 15:08

our help pages are extensive...just a matter of reading up....so are there many help pages on google to be found....

the basics are real simple....

you cant shove everything into their mouth....

people need to make an efford and ask questions if in doubt.

but its all besides the point...

like stated many times before...

failed stronghold strategy is the reason somany quit...

nothing else.

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 03:04

SEWI wrote:our help pages are extensive...just a matter of reading up....so are there many help pages on google to be found....

the basics are real simple....

you cant shove everything into their mouth....

people need to make an efford and ask questions if in doubt.

but its all besides the point...

like stated many times before...

failed stronghold strategy is the reason somany quit...

nothing else.
As usual wrong again.
Vast number like the building up of fleets and the zerging.

Thats why a large majority rinse wash and repeat.
The going to a new server doesnt make sense
Cause ya can stay right on a server "and rebuild rather then a new server".
Thats how a portion of the players like doing
Just like you guys prefer to turtle up.
Cant dicate how 1 group plays compared to another

Event Horizon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [╰▲╯] Ævikings
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Event Horizon » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 04:22

Overall I think this change is a positive one. Turtling is a valid strategy for less active players and we need them to stick around if the game is going to expand its base. If the hyper-active players need something to do they can fight each other. Ideally it should be more lucrative to successfully attack your strongest opponent than farm. Hopefully this will push things more in that direction.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 19:13

wize wordz.

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 20:56

Event Horizon wrote:Overall I think this change is a positive one. Turtling is a valid strategy for less active players and we need them to stick around if the game is going to expand its base. If the hyper-active players need something to do they can fight each other. Ideally it should be more lucrative to successfully attack your strongest opponent than farm. Hopefully this will push things more in that direction.
What so you think happens now?

The hyper active ones fight against the other hyper ones.And the turtles/less active players do what they have always done.

Although ill agree somethings should changed to help the less actives or inexperienced. Its yet to be shown if this change would actually be a benefit.

jro

Postby jro » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 19:01

SEWI wrote:
jro wrote:
Baal wrote:so like the meme says lets talk about it

first and foremost this will do as the legend Chris Tucker sang in rush hour "absolutely nothing" to keep people from perma occing not only that but it pushies people who have their base OCC'd......Kinda the opposite of what you were going for Wizzard :wall:

"While a base is with unrest at 50% or more it have the Jump Gates disabled."..............So you get punished even more this time in your mobility to free your bases when someone Occ's your base for longer than 5 days? You can do what with Ease.......with the greatest of ease as the meme says
This was me when i read this

All in all from my stand point all this will do very little to encourage players not to perma occ it will make it to where i don't pillage someone every 24 hours i just take that first pillage and then Occ them for what 10 days? with a fleet that they cant possibly remove even with the Prod Reduction going from -%50 to -%30 then as soon as i can Occ them again for 10 days...............Now they get to build up a weeee bit before i come back and knock their legs out from under them again

i don't mean to come across as an a** hat here but when i read the notes for this new mechanic This was me
the truth is if they made a tool so you can go in vm and have a option to transfer bases to new location even if it took 10 days for a base to transfer to new location ..people would not mind moving cluster/galaxy after losing war for it then they will have a better chance catching up to carry on the war ..this new update just stops people being perm occed ...why do people be perm occed ? well maybe cus they have lost the war for the galaxy/cluster and they did not move to a safe place ..the only defense in this game is fleet if you dont have fleet your base defense dont matter some one will hit it ..you can only have fleet to defend from invasion if your guild has a strong hold .end of if there was more clusters there be more safe places ..even if you have to make clusters with less galaxys in 30 galaxys divided by 6 clusters that could be cool keep thinking wizard your not making the right move to saving ae players from quiting if anything your killing the game
your truth only exists in your small isolated brain cage....

if you get stuck into your one fail strategy you will alwayz keep....failing

you dont have to move clusters if you looze a war...

if you dont war you cant lose it.....its a strategical option YOU take

if you are in all clusters from the start you dont have to relocate a thing....az you are already there...

welcome to ASAE.

we never win?....offcoarse we never do....if you cant looze...you cant win either...LOL

we are just.....there....trading....mining...recycling YOUR fleet....among other fun stuff...:):)
lol its not all about the players in your guild like i said a war for a cluster like your guild has even had a blob crash and lost war for a cluster ? you think everyone wonts to sim ? no they do like proding fleet and having a blob crash.remember this is not all about your guild members its about the players that play the war side of the game and dont have a safe place your not so smart maybe try stop drinking tap water

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 22:03

never drank tapwater in my live...

nobody wants to sim....

but you have too....

the 1000+ hours queue will not pass faster if you stare at it....

it will actually feel like it takes much longer....

its just the basics....no simming....no topacount..

like it or not.....

i would suggest 90% simming /10% action across all servers.....that will leave you pretty bussy....

iz how i spend my 4h traveltime a day :)

Return to “Feedback”