Limit LVL Protection Based on Time

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Temp Forfeit Protection When Plundering Trades of 30+ ac

Postby SICON » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 16:07

Col. Caulker wrote:it's true, however....i don't think i've ever come across any serious player in this game who chose to remain at a less than 30 lvl.

The only players i've heard about doing this were known trolls, and eventually got bored and quit. To be fair, i'm almost certain that delicately toeing the line to remain beneath lvl 30 became too tedious for most who tried it (we've spoke on this before). Eventually, someone will catch you +30...the odds are slim, but it will happen. And when it does, you and your teammates will be left with an interesting choice when it comes to freeing your occupations.

The recalcitrance and openly-derisive posture you've assumed probably wont win you much mercy, Stu, just saying. And save us the missives about your play style. A game mechanic designed to give genuine new players a chance is the only thing allowing you this play style. Personally, i find it a little shameful, but meh. It is what it is. I'm just fearful you've painted yourself into a corner and, when the day comes and you decide to actually start growing fleet, it's going to go badly for you.
I'm fine with limiting my fleet to around 150k. Doesn't bother me at all. My econ is now frozen in place other than connecting a TR to bump me over 30 for a 2 minute strike. After the attack, the first thing I do I yank the TR. It's not even something I have to think carefully through anymore, as I have done it so many times, so the chances of it happening are minimal. Besides, in the off chance that someone ever does manage to occ me due to me forgetting to pull the trade, no one will have to liberate my bases. I will disband them and rebuild them right under your nose, if necessary. So good luck with that.

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
Col. Caulker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: You know, THAT guild...

Postby Col. Caulker » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 16:29

Tsedeqiah wrote:
Col. Caulker wrote:it's true, however....i don't think i've ever come across any serious player in this game who chose to remain at a less than 30 lvl.

The only players i've heard about doing this were known trolls, and eventually got bored and quit. To be fair, i'm almost certain that delicately toeing the line to remain beneath lvl 30 became too tedious for most who tried it (we've spoke on this before). Eventually, someone will catch you +30...the odds are slim, but it will happen. And when it does, you and your teammates will be left with an interesting choice when it comes to freeing your occupations.

The recalcitrance and openly-derisive posture you've assumed probably wont win you much mercy, Stu, just saying. And save us the missives about your play style. A game mechanic designed to give genuine new players a chance is the only thing allowing you this play style. Personally, i find it a little shameful, but meh. It is what it is. I'm just fearful you've painted yourself into a corner and, when the day comes and you decide to actually start growing fleet, it's going to go badly for you.
I'm fine with limiting my fleet to around 150k. Doesn't bother me at all. My econ is now frozen in place other than connecting a TR to bump me over 30 for a 2 minute strike. After the attack, the first thing I do I yank the TR. It's not even something I have to think carefully through anymore, as I have done it so many times, so the chances of it happening are minimal. Besides, in the off chance that someone ever does manage to occ me due to me forgetting to pull the trade, no one will have to liberate my bases. I will disband them and rebuild them right under your nose, if necessary. So good luck with that.
Lol, you're not just exploiting the mechanic to strip trades with immunity, you're inversely exploiting the mechanic by jumping above lvl 30 to hit a +30 lvl player, then ducking back under 30 to avoid retaliation DESPITE having just hit the guy, again with immunity.

Lol, ridiculous.

Are you Army Strong, bishes?
I'm not quite sure how unicellular ciliate protozoa is intended to be insulting.
Come see us on Facebook
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SICON » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 17:42

Col. Caulker wrote: Lol, ridiculous.
Indeed. Isn't it wonderful!?

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Diskor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: EeY

Postby Diskor » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 20:53

SICON wrote:
What are you able to derb when you're lvl 30.01 anyway ?
You probably don't have enough fleet to take a base with 1 level PRing.

[¤EeY¤] Diskor
Settlers Forever - Back in AE.
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SICON » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 22:02

Diskor wrote:
SICON wrote:
What are you able to derb when you're lvl 30.01 anyway ?
You probably don't have enough fleet to take a base with 1 level PRing.
Actually, while I originally thought you were correct, I just ran the numbers. Assuming the average level 100+ player's technology, Armour at 35, Shielding at 26, and Photon at 23, I calculated that I could scare up enough fleet to pummel 5 rings. Through 5 P-Shields in there, however, and I would not stand a chance. However, my odds of breaking through would be much more favorable if I were going after someone with a level 30-40's tech.

But what I can do is use my Titan/Dreads to smash any fleet comprised of frigates and smaller that is occ'ing a base, then eat the derbs. I smashed 48,000 worth of destroyers with 2 Dreads just this morning!

Col. Caulker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: You know, THAT guild...

Re: Limit LVL Protection Based on Time

Postby Col. Caulker » Tue 25 Dec, 2018 02:54

So this is still a thing...no "Term Limits" for newbies (90 - 120 Days before loss of protection), and no repercussions for hitting trades +/- Lvl 30.

Meanwhile game mechanic continues to be abused to briefly jump up to hit + Lvl30, then rip a few internal trades to "hide" below lvl30. Perhaps the devs can just clear it all up by stating it's now an expected dynamic of gameplay.

Are you Army Strong, bishes?
I'm not quite sure how unicellular ciliate protozoa is intended to be insulting.
Come see us on Facebook
VanDike
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: SPuD

Postby VanDike » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 22:26

I like the idea, exploiting level protection is not acceptable. 3 months is enough to grow up and find a guild for protection.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 14:57

As i said several times in my suggestions, everytime a u30 account hits a lvl 40+ account regardeless of his starting level (going lvl 30.01 and re dropping to lvl 29.99) will be hittable by anyone as if he breaks protection for 48 hours. In a few words everytime you go over lvl 30 AND do an hit you break level protection, which doesn’t change a thing gameplay wise considering that everyone who stays lvl 30 and more is treated as if he broke protection forever right now, its just the noobs that go lvl 30 for a few minutes that exploit this rule, so they will be the ones who suffer from this “extended” lvl 30 status.

Anyways my personal opinion on plundering trs is that i did that many times and i enjoyed that, yes those 5k are useful for 2 players as col caulker pointed, but he ignores the quantity of bases i laid and the time i saved by eating those trs instead of letting 2 lvl 140 accounts grow on them...in other words its a risk that a lvl 140 player should overcome without crying, or pretty easily by letting the guildmates of that occ keep a fleet over it if this really was the n1 problem of alpha for him lol, or maybe grow a bit and don’t expect to have an occ AND a trade station, pick one

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)
VanDike
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: SPuD

Postby VanDike » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 00:58

Another possible way to fix it - once player hits level 30 he can't drop below it.

Return to “Feature Request”