Hard/Permanent occupation

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Platypus
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: My house

Re: Hard/Permanent occupation

Postby Platypus » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 10:11

While it is true that the occupying player will likely lose fleet from the occ, it is very likely that they will more than make up for it elsewhere. I may lose 10k fleet occupying you but if I gain 50k through other occupations and hourly income, then I’m still up 40k and can continue the occupation. And depending on the age of the server those numbers may be much higher.
Logic isn't necessary to win all arguments. Sometimes u just need to be the one who keeps saying "nuh uhhh"

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 04:24

Platypus wrote:While it is true that the occupying player will likely lose fleet from the occ, it is very likely that they will more than make up for it elsewhere. I may lose 10k fleet occupying you but if I gain 50k through other occupations and hourly income, then I’m still up 40k and can continue the occupation. And depending on the age of the server those numbers may be much higher.

Problem is u cant talk common sense let alone averages with Sewi.

He thinks hes doing great when it take him a full guild to get the same numbers that a 20 person guild puts up

Robo

Postby Robo » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 17:06

Something should be done -should have already been done about it......what is the rational for doing nothing?

FFX
Guild: SWAGA-CRUD
WLX
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby FFX » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 18:12

Strange thing that instead of protecting smaller players, they will just tell you to relocate or join a strong guild. So when you are being bullied and perm occ’ed, just get out of their way. It’s true that’s the concept of AE.

Isn’t a better idea when you have an upgrade, you receive certain benefits like limited time being occ’ed or repairing your defense after a day or so, with creds paid, something like that?

I see a lot of ppl quitting because they had enough, which makes the server die out quicker.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 03:16

just come and join ASAE...it works.
Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:

ian8144

Postby ian8144 » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 07:26

while being hard occ is hard for some , others quite enjoy it.... while My bases are being occ people are leaving my buddies alone and losing fleets for whatever ratio I choose costing them and their guild fleets that should be elsewhere , win win
of course , it takes a very beligerent temperament to enjoy it quite as much as I do lol
O:IMP retired .. jade:mordor simming ...lynx :waiting for a war that's not looking like happening

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 11:08

Imo #2 from philosopher cody is a good idea, rest is a bit too much.
Also as others said giving an instant defense regeneration if you're able to free the base on your own would be also a good move. I mean what is bad about that? It just gives a chance for the occed to survive, while the occupier can still circumvent it by putting an enormous fleet on the occ, which tied to 2.0 FM rules it would be a nerf for him cause he is wasting his fleetlead to keep an occ. It would be more fair this way, so one has to choose to use his fleet lead to cover some active occs or leave them alone cause they play and relieve the occ frequently. Maybe not 100% def regeneration but heck even instant 25% def regeneration could be a game changer considering how much it sucks for the perm occed right now, and i perm occ a lot it wouldn't mind me to deal with this if it gives noobs a chance to stick around
IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.

8-)

jro

Postby jro » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:53

it is not right to say people that perm occ is killing the game its the people that are blind to see that once you lost the war for your galaxy/cluster you need to move ..how are you going to grow eco and fleet safe next to a hungry guild your not your silly for thinking your wise to stay next to a guild that just had a fight with to try win the galaxy/cluster its people that dont think thats killing the game..it should be classed as feeding people when you refuse to move bases less you got jgs

Keeneye wrote:The admins need to find a solution to perm occupation. It is the goal of many guild players that go from server to server and their only goal is to perm occupy players out of the game.
I understand the goal is to win the server but at the cost of revenues to the admins and loss of customers permanently.
This should have been disturbing information to the developers from the first server on but they seem obvious to this issue.

1) There is one group of players where the servers are free and paid for by advertisers for those player. (free Players)
2) There is a group that pay for the use of the server to be able use the extra features. (upgraded players)

The idea of hard occupations on paying customers until they quit is actually ridiculous and counter productive to the success of a business. (unless the goal of the admin is to have players quit and then upgrade on the new server. This is a sad thought but possible.

Occupations to upgraded accounts should be limited to 7 days per month or when the owner frees the account whichever comes first.
This gives the account owner a chance to rebuild and be completive and enjoy the game play.

The 7 days cannot be 1 day, release wait 3 days and reoccupy. repeat. This would create the same effect as a hard Occupation. The account could never grow.

This would make the game more interesting and definitely more competitive.

I'm sure the hardcore players would not like this idea but a lot of the hard players play for free. No issues but they have no vote or say.
Cheers
Keen

you guys start making servers with less clusters in leaving less safe places to grow eco and fleet and then wonder why ae is dying come on be smart ..getting perm occed is a part of the game you start in a galaxy/cluster and your guild dont get the upper hand you need to move cluster/galaxy ..if ae staff had half a brain they woul;d make it so you can turn VM on and let players be able to move bases outpost ship being the only fleet you can move in VM would give players a better chance to move safly when lost a galaxy/cl;uster ..no point in hanging around close to a enemy guild when they got the upper hand your guild will never catch up simple ..this game is run by people that can not think out the box ..stop driniking tap water and wise up

naethel wrote:Imo #2 from philosopher cody is a good idea, rest is a bit too much.
Also as others said giving an instant defense regeneration if you're able to free the base on your own would be also a good move. I mean what is bad about that? It just gives a chance for the occed to survive, while the occupier can still circumvent it by putting an enormous fleet on the occ, which tied to 2.0 FM rules it would be a nerf for him cause he is wasting his fleetlead to keep an occ. It would be more fair this way, so one has to choose to use his fleet lead to cover some active occs or leave them alone cause they play and relieve the occ frequently. Maybe not 100% def regeneration but heck even instant 25% def regeneration could be a game changer considering how much it sucks for the perm occed right now, and i perm occ a lot it wouldn't mind me to deal with this if it gives noobs a chance to stick around

i love you irish eyes
Last edited by Chesterton on Mon 27 Aug, 2018 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged triple post

Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 23:32

Whis wrote:
Philosopher Cody wrote:Well I think right now Wizard is focused on the scouting tool that he has been focusing on. So this is obviously going to have to wait. But those that say to just play a different server are not understanding the flaw and problem. Sure you can play Alpha, but ideally AstroEmpires should be as fun as possible for the players so players want to keep playing and new people are attracted to the game. Ultimately that means more money and revenue for AstroEmpires.

Removing permanent occupations would be better and inline with the game mission as allowing someone to permanently occupy you is against the rules. Ideally the solution could be very simple such as:
1. After the base is freed, the original attacker cannot gain any more credits from pillage or occupation of said player for at least 240 hours. This would allow the base to recover its defenses, and for the defending player to do something.
2. Pillage from occupying the same base decreases by 10% per day. This can reach 100%. So holding the base no longer provides an economic benefit. This decrease does not reset until after 10 days have passed of the base not being occupied.
3. If the same player reoccupies the same base more than 3 times within one month's time, then the occupier's economy will be penalized by 50%. So the occupier will lose 50% of their economy for 10 days. In addition the occupier's production capacity is reduced by 50%, new and existing research times doubled, and the player cannot make any new trade routes for 10 days.
4. If a player from the same guild decides to occupy the same base, then a clear across the board 25% penalty in economy, production, construction, and research is issued to all guild members of that guild.

The above 4 mentioned ideas would highly penalize a player from constantly reoccupying a player over and over again.

#2 is good. The rest is too overpowered and simply no good.

Go ahead take away the income from our perms.... most of them will stay permed simply cause of guild relationships and personal grudges.......

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 01:28

ian8144 wrote:while being hard occ is hard for some , others quite enjoy it.... while My bases are being occ people are leaving my buddies alone and losing fleets for whatever ratio I choose costing them and their guild fleets that should be elsewhere , win win
of course , it takes a very beligerent temperament to enjoy it quite as much as I do lol

yep same here....the harder they try to farm the more i enjoy....

they only manage if they hide in a big guild though....

it happenz only in about half a dozen servers or so and mostly local in their pittyfull stronghold backyard...

most servers are nicely balanced....or dead...as they put it....THEY died....LOL

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 08:52

SEWI wrote:
ian8144 wrote:while being hard occ is hard for some , others quite enjoy it.... while My bases are being occ people are leaving my buddies alone and losing fleets for whatever ratio I choose costing them and their guild fleets that should be elsewhere , win win

yep same here....the harder they try to farm the more i enjoy....

they only manage if they hide in a big guild though....

it happenz only in about half a dozen servers or so and mostly local in their pittyfull stronghold backyard...

most servers are nicely balanced....or dead...as they put it....THEY died....LOL

As usual you are to stupid to realize that occupation isnt just about econ.
But since u have always proven u are nothing but a 1 dimensional player.
Its why you suck at fighting and why you turtle up defenses.
Its not that you choose to do that.Its because you arent capable of fighting.
Comical u talk about all the profits you make when you attack something but yet 99% of your guild builds rainbow fleets which kills your loss/profit ratios.
So players are stupid for attacking your guild, but its ok for you to attack with poor ratios and that's ok

Lmao
Thank god u are over there.
1 less over here milking the system

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 01:12

lovely,....i missed your mud throwing against the wall....LOL

its alwayz refreshing to admire your overblown ego, however tiny even then.

Return to “Feedback”