New class of upgraded account for scouting

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

New class of upgraded account for scouting

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 20:37

How about a cheaper upgrade that just lets you use the auto scout and see the reports? Perhaps half price. Ideally I see the Devs wanting everyone to go full upgraded so that this game gets some much needed extra revenue, but I wonder if it would draw more players into getting an upgrade and keeping their account upgraded, especially for older accounts where having all of the other upgrade benefits do not really mean that much. Having to be upgraded to take advantage of the scouting tool definitely gives me a reason to keep my account upgraded.

Or another thought. How about letting a person watch 50 ads to earn a 1 month upgrade? I have seen this on mobile games. You can pay and not have to watch the ads, or you can watch ads and earn it for free. In the end the game generates money for the developers.

Soldier48
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: SPuD

Re: New class of upgraded account for scouting

Postby Soldier48 » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 14:50

I kinda disagree with that part, I mean think of a subscription service, you can't get Amazon prime for watching 100 ads, or you can't get Amazon prime for half off so all you get is the discounted prices and no change to the shipping cost.

Use spotify, you can't get it half off because you only want 100 songs, not unlimited songs.

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" (Julius Caesar)
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:28

If someone cant afford $4-5 a month
Maybe game isnt for everybody.

Although ad thing isnt a totally bad idea

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 16:26

At this point you'd be hard pressed to ask for a lowered price for all that you now get with an upgrade. That $4-5 a month is now looking like a pretty good deal for this kind of game. Even more so if the Dev's are going to be adding content, updating and/or generally paying attention to the game as a whole.

You should probably be begging Wizard NOT to raise the price.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 14:25

True, we are getting more of a value for an upgraded account. There will always be a few people who do not want to spend money on the game. I was just trying to find a way to part of the game more affordable for certain players.

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 19:29

Philosopher Cody wrote:True, we are getting more of a value for an upgraded account. There will always be a few people who do not want to spend money on the game. I was just trying to find a way to part of the game more affordable for certain players.

No doubt. With the updates(assuming more are coming)
The price isnt bad at all
And then the cheaper cost of buying the year.

Time will only tell if things are going to work out or not

Tomination
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: WL/STARK
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby Tomination » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 20:10

IMO it doesn't really help the game that much, better to provide value for the full upgrade which isn't a lot of money. Really the bonus for year upgrades is the hook to people who are happy to commit.

Also think that if sustainability of the game is the question, the cycle of new servers being launched and dying which is probably keeping the game alive (might not be, just a guess) is a cycle doomed to end eventually with the new long term cost of every server and the mechanics causing more people to dislike the new servers.

Would rather features were added or changed to ensure that servers can survive for longer, meaning more *value* from your upgrade (cos its not dead in 3-6 months) and better for the game having to maintain less servers. That should be the target, but the scouting feature is good.

Welcome to the Tomination: If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

Formerly played Alpha (2008 - 2013) (CLS), Currently playing Lynx (WL/STARK)
naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Thu 10 May, 2018 06:51

Yes i agree with most of the comments, while i recognize that adding QoL feature to the whole server pop surely leads to people sticking around more, the upgrade becomes a bit useless when you don’t really need to lay bases or upgrade premium buildings. These features ensure it is always useful and considered a good deal.
Considering that we prolly will see more features added (pls wiz) maybe this is a discussion to have when we have more features to consider! My 2 cents

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.

8-)
imperiale QommanderV

auto scout ?

Postby imperiale QommanderV » Thu 10 May, 2018 19:08

where do you put your scouts @ to show auto scout?

Return to “Feedback”