A.E Map

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
KFCSajin

A.E Map

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 17:36

Tl;Dr:

I am probably going to ask for a small feature with this... But... The interactive map is almost unusable. It is complicated to use, especially for me since I like scrolling needlessly and it messes up the map. Personally the interactive map is not for me. It looks super cool, but you could instead try to make the static map look cool... So yeah... Maybe also add a new map feature?

On another note, I have downloaded the fan package that lets you edit skins/webiste...
I think that is cool. But I had a hard time understanding it so I didnt do anything with it.
Could you remake it with easier instructions?

I like that you try engaging the fans. Having merchandise is also really nice...
But A.E is almost not even popular in the world... There is no point in having fan merchandise in terms of tshirts and pins to showoff...
Merchandise is part of the game in my opinion. I have not bought any of it yet but I am interested in some of the things.
I wish to buy some if they are at a better price...
I am a big fan of posters. My walls are filled with them... But I have never paid more than 5$ for any of them... Why is a cruiser poster worth 15$ with 50% discount? It better be a wallpaper and not a poster then XD
Also it is kind of a boring picture...
So as added feedback: your merchandise are too boring and expensive to be worth it.

Okay here I am with a feature request, so bite me...
I remember before the Lyra server opened you could participate in a poll to guess the server name/choose the name for L and if you chose right you would get upgraded. That was a super cool thing to do! Can you bring it back?
Like whenever a new server comes up poll people to nominate 3 choices from a bigger list for what the next server should be called, and from there allow people to enter a bet, and if they get it wrong refund it in an upgrade and if they get it right then give them a longer upgrade or even 100 extra credits for their account on the next server. I only ask this feature out of feedback on what you did for the L server... So I hope this post doesn't get deleted for that :scared:

CrazynTough Kiwi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: G2: Mayu
Galaxy: Lyra

Re: A.E Map

Postby CrazynTough Kiwi » Tue 01 May, 2018 14:42

Looking at the merchandise, I do agree that those costs are just insane. Perhaps it's expensive to have them made due to probably low volume of orders? No idea, I can't speak to that, but I'd think a poster still wouldn't be that much by a long shot. I doubt they pay very much attention to merchandising as they don't push it at all; you have to click around to find it.

Don't bother with custom skin packs for AE, they were supported but that was dropped years ago, sorry. :(

And I guess waning interest in the game prompted them to stop doing the new server contests?

AE Status: Zombie under the control of unknown entity.
Wizard
Game & Development Director
Game & Development Director

Postby Wizard » Tue 01 May, 2018 16:10

The merchandising prices are set by the store we just receive royalties (10%). We don't have much margin to change prices.

We have released the new server name contest when we don't have any name we like, some letters are harder than others.

The editable game skins have been discontinued at some time, as it created difficulties on releasing game updates as the updates should be compatible with the skins.

Wizard
Astro Empires Administration
KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:53

Wizard wrote:The merchandising prices are set by the store we just receive royalties (10%). We don't have much margin to change prices.

We have released the new server name contest when we don't have any name we like, some letters are harder than others.

The editable game skins have been discontinued at some time, as it created difficulties on releasing game updates as the updates should be compatible with the skins.

Oh the skins,, right.

As for the store have you tried to look for other options?
Or even storing the merchandise in your own home? :lol:
(my dad sells kitchen equipment and he does it for the blenders :boohoo: )

And there is a website which you can order custom cards.
You already have the graphics.
Why not make a deck?

http://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/custom-back-standard-index-poker-size.html

New Year just passed but where I am from these kinds of gifts are common.
Poker sets, neck ties, cups and plates, ... and other things like tchotchkes but you probably wont be able to market those weirder ones...

KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Wed 02 May, 2018 13:20

CrazynTough Kiwi wrote:Looking at the merchandise, I do agree that those costs are just insane. Perhaps it's expensive to have them made due to probably low volume of orders? No idea, I can't speak to that, but I'd think a poster still wouldn't be that much by a long shot. I doubt they pay very much attention to merchandising as they don't push it at all; you have to click around to find it.

Don't bother with custom skin packs for AE, they were supported but that was dropped years ago, sorry. :(

And I guess waning interest in the game prompted them to stop doing the new server contests?

Oh wow just realized your profile picture.
look at my phone cover :lol:

In case you want to get the same just use this image :P

https://i.imgur.com/ZzTm2Mc.jpg

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 04 May, 2018 14:34

KFCSajin wrote:In case you want to get the same just use this image :P

And risk getting his phone eaten by wolves?

KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Sat 05 May, 2018 16:35

Wlerin wrote:
KFCSajin wrote:In case you want to get the same just use this image :P

And risk getting his phone eaten by wolves?

Thanks for replying, otherwise I couldnt have posted again due to Richelieu being a super good moderator...

I think he will like it?
It is a character from a webcomic. His pic is the main character.
The pic on my phone cover is the main antagonist.

Have you read Gunnerkrigg court?

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sun 06 May, 2018 03:51

Wizard wrote:The merchandising prices are set by the store we just receive royalties (10%). We don't have much margin to change prices.

I understand what u do with the server names.
But why not get input from players instead of doing it yourselves. Every server do contest. Person who wins get 1 year up grade.2nd best 6 month and 3rd 3 months.

Doing something like that might get some more players involved.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 06 May, 2018 07:29

KFCSajin wrote:Richelieu being a super good moderator...

I laughed.

KFCSajin wrote:I think he will like it?

Oh really. Is that so.

KFCSajin wrote:Have you read Gunnerkrigg court?

Have you? :think:

KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Sun 06 May, 2018 23:40

Wlerin wrote:
KFCSajin wrote:Richelieu being a super good moderator...

I laughed.

KFCSajin wrote:I think he will like it?

Oh really. Is that so.

KFCSajin wrote:Have you read Gunnerkrigg court?

Have you? :think:

Yeah. Of course I have :P
Pretty good right?

Return to “Feedback”