Some times in ST, some local: confusing

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Some times in ST, some local: confusing

Postby Uncle Ben » Wed 02 May, 2018 10:19

I find it fairly confusing sometimes that AE displays some times in ST or server time, and others in local time. The time difference between local time and server time is one hour on my end, and that often makes it ambiguous as to when my fleets will arrive/construction will finish/production will be done.

Disclaimer: Richelieu, I hope this post doesn't offend you or contains anything you perceive as flaming and or spam, so I hope you won't move and/or lock my thread for once.

I've personally accomplished the spaying of TWO mods who tried to mess with my TT. ANY MORE CANDIDATES!?
Whis
Global Moderator

Re: Some times in ST, some local: confusing

Postby Whis » Wed 02 May, 2018 23:15

What screens show different times?

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Uncle Ben » Thu 03 May, 2018 04:10

Upon further investigation, my confusion mainly stems from the fact that fleet arrival times in the "fleet" screen, as well as the times in the "empire" tab, are expressed in "hours from now", but they all have an ETA under them in small font that is expressed in local time and not server time. Here's an open target: Call me stupid, but sometimes this confuses me. I'd rather see everything expressed in ST.

I've personally accomplished the spaying of TWO mods who tried to mess with my TT. ANY MORE CANDIDATES!?
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Thu 03 May, 2018 13:56

I have never seen an ETA time on the fleet screen. Just the time counting down. Are you using a different skin or something? To my knowledge the game itself does not display ETA under in small font.

Wizard
Game & Development Director
Game & Development Director

Postby Wizard » Thu 03 May, 2018 14:59

Philosopher Cody wrote:I have never seen an ETA time on the fleet screen. Just the time counting down. Are you using a different skin or something? To my knowledge the game itself does not display ETA under in small font.

There is an option in the Account/Display menu to "Display end times of events (in local time)"

Wizard
Astro Empires Administration
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Thu 03 May, 2018 21:30

Wizard wrote:
Philosopher Cody wrote:I have never seen an ETA time on the fleet screen. Just the time counting down. Are you using a different skin or something? To my knowledge the game itself does not display ETA under in small font.

There is an option in the Account/Display menu to "Display end times of events (in local time)"

I missed that all of these years. Thanks for the info Wizard.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Thu 10 May, 2018 06:45

Yeah i add a +1 here, i also use the display end time of events feature but i would love to see the options to have it in ST. Gets me confused too to see the eta in local time, especially on US servers when i live in europe :p

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.

8-)

Return to “Feedback”