Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
ShadowXZ
Guild: SYN maybe or maybe not who knows

Re: Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

Postby ShadowXZ » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 20:26

Dont worry , before they Unrest they get a warning of credit Transfer and get banned cause they allow occupation with millions of fleet

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 08:35

Whats really comical
Wizard puts this *beep* into the game to help players not get
Perm occupied.
Hey Wizzie
Heres an idea for ya
Make something that actually teaches new ppl to play the game
Instead of that piss poor excuse of a tutorial that gives ya petty credits

Stop cattering to the players to lazy or stupid and actually teach them to play.

Im sure that will arrive in a update u do in 2031
When the game has 14 players left.

I still laugh when remembering when u told me u wouldnt sell AE for less then 1 million dollars. Lmao
Boy talk about delusional.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 07:22

I repeat my suggestion, unrest raises fleet power at same % of the unrest as if it was a CC bonus, the revolt button can be invoked after a month and not 10 days (to get rid of a BIT of micromanaging for the occer) or gets removed AND the occed gets other bonuses. If the player is active with all the bonuses i said he could build fighters to wipe off even heavy cruisers which should be ez job, the revolt button should be a LAST resort and not the first move to wait for.

EDIT: ofc additive fleet dmg bonus + the CC not multiplicative or the defender would have 1000% fleet power or smth like that :s

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.

8-)
Baal
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Alpha[MaY]/Beta{CM}/Juno[Flow]
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Baal » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 00:09

naethel wrote:I repeat my suggestion, unrest raises fleet power at same % of the unrest as if it was a CC bonus, the revolt button can be invoked after a month and not 10 days (to get rid of a BIT of micromanaging for the occer) or gets removed AND the occed gets other bonuses. If the player is active with all the bonuses i said he could build fighters to wipe off even heavy cruisers which should be ez job, the revolt button should be a LAST resort and not the first move to wait for.

EDIT: ofc additive fleet dmg bonus + the CC not multiplicative or the defender would have 1000% fleet power or smth like that :s

That's a good start to fix this disastrous update another way of addressing the perma occing is as the unrest grows on the base the percentage of income that the occupier gets drops at %15 for each %10 of unrest until the income they would receive hits %0 And the owners Jump Gate is no longer off-lined after %50 imo it shouldn't be off-lined at all

Nvek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Hydra: [S.T]

Postby Nvek » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 10:57

Some of you are making it seem as if only noobs, ASAE and poor players (cry babies) get farmed.

This is offcourse not true, when 1 side of a server wins the losing side nowadays usually mass quits because they have learned that they will otherwise get farmed and there is no way to make a comeback or even effectively resist the farming, regardless of skill.

I personally have my doubts that this will be the gamechanger that some of you seem to be complaining about; players/guilds can still get farmed, it will just be (more) unprofitable.
Furthermore I think it will be a matter of time before players start to figure out how to bypass the update by making sure unrest never gets beyond 40% (release the base and reOCC when unrest is lower).

What I personally would have found a usufull update is if an OCCer can only pillage a base on the initial hit, and not every 24h.
If all your bases are occupied and the OCCer steals most of your credits every 24h it becomes impossible to make large investments into a high lvl CC or a big enough spawn to kill a Capital ship thats OCCing you, effectively making resistence impossible/ineffective.

Alpha: [BORG]Nvek of Romulus Delta: [GRITS]Romulus (retired)Fenix: [RSE]Nvek of Romulus (retired) Quantum [ITS]Nvek of Romulus(retired) Drako: [FOX]Bill O'Reilly(retired) Hydra: [ST]Woof
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 13:34

agreed....bipolarity is the real human isue here....

and nope...its easy to spawn ships to kill capitals....i do it all the time....lol

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Carbon-1

Postby Carbon-1 » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 04:26

I have said it a million times.
If wiz was really worried about helping the lower ranked players, he would extend level protections beyond level 30, make pillaged bases safe from attack for predetermined amount of time and like swear said. He should fix that lame excuse for a tutorial.

Although, Baal may be on to something with his last post.
I would definitely support that idea.

On a side note. Keeping noob players interested and buying upgrades might be easier if they would change that insulting 100 credit bonus for buying a year upgrade.
Seriously! 100 credits for spending my hard earned money on a dying game is like dumping salt in my hot chocolate.

Shadow of the Dragon
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Shadow of the Dragon » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:46

I've got an question that was not explained on the Wizard's post:
Why you don't get the usual "revolt" msg when a base has been freed using the unrest-button? Now the only way for you to find out is looking at your economy page and notice that you don't have any occ's :D It might be just me but it seems a bit.. Broken..

Btw I see there has been some arguments towards this new "help for noobs" feature and since I'm nosy I gotta stick an rant here.
People in Ceti has had hundreds of bases perma occupied for years. Why do you think so many has quit the server over these past three to five years? What's the point playing a game when there are two guilds that dominate the whole server, and what makes it worse is they both were allied. This update came atleast three years late. But like I say: Better late than never. The tables were kinda turned this spring and now there's a war between the old allies. But the perming didn't stop. If you think only noobs and farms get permed on this game then I'm honestly amazed by your naivity. Only if it was just that. People get permed because other people think that's what a war game is about: Bullying people until they quit the server. No fun in it on my humble opinion. Perm them spies and multies, perm those that act like aholes. But don't act like you're a god of war while doing that. It takes no skill to park a multimillion fleet into somebody's bases. I'm pretty sure a monkey could do that, if it was masochist enough to actually play this game. It was a time for the devs to come into some sort of solution, since they are the ones who lose money while people stop playing and therefor upgrading the accounts.

ASTROEMPIRES: Where criticizing people who made the game, playing as free account or calling out those that use scripts might lead you to be fined or banned
ASTROEMPIRES Community Forum: Where it will take you an eternity to write a single post because of lag

ASTROEMPIRES The future is Now
oeradon

Postby oeradon » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 05:42

No message when a revolt occurs is putting me in the position of seriously considering quitting AE. I found I have no fleet slots and a bunch of bases that I can't re-take because...... (A successful attack will not result in an occupation or base pillage, because the base unrest value is more or equal to 50%.). In other words, pack up and go home. That's probably the intention, but now I'm more likely to just pack up.

Instead of causing a game to drag on for eternity, it would be much much better to set some sort of win condition for a server.

Wizard
Game & Development Director
Game & Development Director

Postby Wizard » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 11:08

oeradon wrote:No message when a revolt occurs...

It was a bug. Should have been fixed now.

Wizard
Astro Empires Administration
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 23:13

oeradon wrote:No message when a revolt occurs is putting me in the position of seriously considering quitting AE. I found I have no fleet slots and a bunch of bases that I can't re-take because...... (A successful attack will not result in an occupation or base pillage, because the base unrest value is more or equal to 50%.). In other words, pack up and go home. That's probably the intention, but now I'm more likely to just pack up.

Instead of causing a game to drag on for eternity, it would be much much better to set some sort of win condition for a server.

The game never ends. That is the beauty of it. There are no win conditions. It is what you make of it. It is like life. You cannot win. It is how you spend your time and the journey. You want a game with win conditions then play risk or some other game.

So sad that you have to find new occupations and others can play the game and have a chance. Letting others have a chance makes the game interesting. So you have a new challenge in the game. Sounds like the new change is working and making the game fun again. Got a new challenge to work through. Got a new dimension to the game. Sounds like fun to me.

ShadowXZ
Guild: SYN maybe or maybe not who knows

Postby ShadowXZ » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 07:47

Really winning is your problem...maybe you need a sicologist .

Seem you have a problem interacting with other players,thats what a multiplayer game is.

Puffwarrior

Postby Puffwarrior » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 13:02

About inactives. If an enemy free an inactive (<41days) when his unrest is over 50%, you cannot retake it, and that is unfair.
This and other things btw, instead of keeping ppl to play (as loosers in many cases), increase players unhappiness to play, and I personally saw many posts on several boards like this

This unrest rule is killing me. I lost all my interest in this game. :(

I suggest devs to reconsider, and I propose this:

When unrest reaches 100% the base will disband. Player get same discount building a new base even if not upgraded.

So you can make every factions happy, finally one side can solve a base who represent a threat, i.e. inside stronghold or beside a main gate; players who are occupied will be more busy trying to free himself before disband, better asking for a team effort of his guildmates. If base will be disbanded, the player could always rebuild in a safer place. It's a win-win, very different from actual bs.

Please add thoughts to this

sURo
Guild: [DT] & [III]

Postby sURo » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 15:39

I suggest devs to reconsider, and I propose this:

When unrest reaches 100% the base will disband. Player get same discount building a new base even if not upgraded.

So you can make every factions happy, finally one side can solve a base who represent a threat, i.e. inside stronghold or beside a main gate; players who are occupied will be more busy trying to free himself before disband, better asking for a team effort of his guildmates. If base will be disbanded, the player could always rebuild in a safer place. It's a win-win, very different from actual bs.

Please add thoughts to this

I like your propose.

Event Horizon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [╰▲╯] Ævikings
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Event Horizon » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 16:39

Philosopher Cody wrote:
oeradon wrote:No message when a revolt occurs is putting me in the position of seriously considering quitting AE. I found I have no fleet slots and a bunch of bases that I can't re-take because...... (A successful attack will not result in an occupation or base pillage, because the base unrest value is more or equal to 50%.). In other words, pack up and go home. That's probably the intention, but now I'm more likely to just pack up.

The game never ends. That is the beauty of it. There are no win conditions. It is what you make of it. It is like life. You cannot win. It is how you spend your time and the journey. You want a game with win conditions then play risk or some other game.

So sad that you have to find new occupations and others can play the game and have a chance. Letting others have a chance makes the game interesting. So you have a new challenge in the game. Sounds like the new change is working and making the game fun again. Got a new challenge to work through. Got a new dimension to the game. Sounds like fun to me.

There is a false dichotomy here. Having winning conditions doesn't mean new players can't join the game and have a chance, they just have to join a new server and try again. The reality is that while new players may join an older server just to check the game out, the vast majority ultimately end up playing the new servers when they open and abandon their old accounts. Most of the older servers are nothing but empty boring sim fests. Hard occs play a key role in leading to this result but I don't think the solution is to make it harder to occ players until they acknowledge defeat. After all, if your fleets have been wiped and a stronghold established by another guild, no amount of options to free one's bases are going to be able to reverse that fact without denying the occupying player/guild a victory they earned fair and square.

After the first six months to a year the competition to dominate the server is over and there's not much reason to keep playing. The one solution to this in the game has been to open new clusters that are protected long enough to allow new guilds to grow and catch up in fleet before they have to face the possibility of an invasion from guilds with older accounts. Players who've been hard occ'd then have the possibility of restarting on the same server instead of waiting for the next server to start. If this is done right you can theoretically keep existing servers going forever, but thus far it mostly hasn't been done right. Instead of adjusting things so new clusters can catch up before the protection period ends Wizard has just implemented every new cluster with the same protection period (3 weeks if I remember correctly). After a certain point those three weeks and 1x speed just aren't enough to allow new players and guilds to catch up. If instead these new clusters were opened with starting conditions that adjusted for the age of the server things might be different. Wizard could for example open new clusters on servers that are years old but adjust their speeds (2x, 3x, 10x etc) during the protection period so new players and guilds could grow and develop quickly enough to become competitive. High speed servers were being run for a while so it's not as though this is something completely unheard of.

I think the one good thing about many of these changes to occupations is that they should make it a lot less profitable for people to cheat using multiple accounts. And this is really one of the main things that has ruined the game for many of us who have played AE. Without a level playing field people who aren't willing or don't have the technical know how to cheat will simply vote with their feet and never come back. This is also why it's excellent to see the need for in game auto-scouting and databases finally addressed. Hopefully Wizard will keep listening to the player base and implementing features based on how players are playing the game (or choosing not to), rather than on how people think the game "should" be played.

Return to “Feedback”