AE: Quality of life update?

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: T: GR / R: RIP / K2: BMF
Galaxy: Omega

AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Gamer798 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 16:41

The "improvement of life update for AE idea" is simply from personal opinion and is about small changes that levelled the game better for everyone.
With the main focus on new players being easier able to grow and fight back to bigger players. Small updates that change a lot. "Easy to implant" in terms of not mind breaking changes.

1. Make level protection temporarily and more in-depth: Many new players stay low level but never get to experience the best parts of the game cause they think this will protect them forever. They grow bored and quit or make the same attacks over and over for months in a row. Yet they do not experience the game as intended. It also creates several questionable problems as Jumpgate accounts. If this level of protection was temporarily it will create a new whole field for both new player and Jumpgate accounts. It would force both to grow and force them to learn the game more in-depth and more seriously. More quality = More enjoyment.

2. The building Q's increase their (on upgraded accounts) amount from 5 to 10 so people who have less time to play can keep rolling. At later terms of the game it no longer matters, but at the beginning this really wrecks people. This could be level bound. For example, until level 30 you have 10 Q's. After that, you have only 5 Q's cause it takes hours anyway. But at the beginning, anyone who works (most of us) and can't get online is pretty much screwed.

3. Give Guild Masters the ability to turn off recyclers, please. This speaks for itself. It has been many tragic years and problems. Frustrations. This will prevent a lot of heartaches that leads to quits in the guild. And if guilds want to reinforce rules around it they still can. (You made me turn it off the third time you are KD. Still applies!).

4. When auto scouting let the scouts read/show the Wormholes. It is a pain to find them for smaller guilds. Allow auto scouting to give more information to the players so we can do more with it than to just know there is a base there and there might be +/- so much fleet. Allow us to see eco, defences that alone those two would be very life improving!

5. Better maintenance on the "inactive" accounts +40 days conversion to UC's. I have seen this issue on many servers that lower clusters get those conversions much quicker than upper clusters for no reason. I think this is a simple flaw in the function which it uses. Make it so that it is done equally and everywhere "in case that is possible".

6. Tweak other planets. Make them useful again (this was posted up before) Increase/decrease/ Balance. Make them useful for specific cases now its boring as hell. Give random planets bonuses? 10% production, 5% extra research, fleet cost lowered, more defence, more attack, .....

7. Separate section for Battle reports in our PM box(seen this asked before!)

There are more that come and go in my head I will add them over time.
But if we can start with that I am confident people will come back and will last longer.
Sometimes the smallest of changes give the most satisfaction.

Regards

Gamer798
Last edited by Gamer798 on Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Gamer798 // Danzo Shimura // Death Parade
Everywhere and nowhere
Santa Clause

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Santa Clause » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:01

I support all but #7, simply cause I dont really understand what a battlerapports is....Battle Reports? isnt that already what the combat board is for?, otherwise, I fully approve of all these suggestions....

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:05

Thanks for pointing out. I clarified it more. Sometimes we get spammed with Battle Reports and it can push important messages far beneath not to be read. Outside of annoynace it is just more proper.

Everywhere and nowhere
Magic Mushroom MaMa

Postby Magic Mushroom MaMa » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:10

I absolutely like Gamer's suggestions! DO IT PLZ!!!!

Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:30

Gamer798 wrote:
Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:05
Thanks for pointing out. I clarified it more. Sometimes we get spammed with Battle Reports and it can push important messages far beneath not to be read. Outside of annoynace it is just more proper.
Isnt that what strategy board is for? or announcement board?

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 17:45

I am not talking about the board, but about our personal mailbox. The battle reports in our mailbox sometimes flood our personal emails.
In some cases like in mine, I get as leader many PM's from "outside the guild". If I miss those messages, drama follows. We AE leaders are uptight lol

Everywhere and nowhere
Something Smurphy

Postby Something Smurphy » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 21:54

Agreed. Small changes like those above - especially the random planet bonuses and extra scouting info - excellent ideas.

Then there was these three smurfs from Yonkers, see..
Robo

Postby Robo » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 01:48

1. Make level protection temporarily and more in-depth: Many new players stay low level but never get to experience the best parts of the game cause they think this will protect them forever. They grow bored and quit or make the same attacks over and over for months in a row. Yet they do not experience the game as intended. It also creates several questionable problems as Jumpgate accounts. If this level of protection was temporarily it will create a new whole field for both new player and Jumpgate accounts. It would force both to grow and force them to learn the game more in-depth and more seriously. More quality = More enjoyment.

I completely disagree with this suggestion --Lv 30 and under accts perform a vital function to the smaller/underdog guilds -having these bases strategically located are at times the sole means of access/egress to certain galaxies.
Until there is a solution to this - we need our "gate keepers"

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 10:50

Smaller and underdog guilds. You do realize that is the reason guilds will remain small and useless rather than the underdog. If you do not teach your members to play AE to its full extent they will never reach far enough to make something out of it. That is the reason why it is suggested. In past, I could understand the fears of perm occupation. But this isn't applied anymore. No excuses anymore why not to grow.

Everywhere and nowhere
naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 14:40

+1 to all suggestions, but the timed lift of level protection ain’t an easy thing to introduce, there are some servers where you seriously need some time to set up your account if you want to be unprofitable when you hit lvl 30, i agree that staying forever under that treshold is ofc even worse thing, i’d go for an incentive on going out of level prot vs a straight lvl protection lift

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)
Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 15:05

Unfortunately I must agree with that, but something will have to give if we want long-term improvement of the game.

Everywhere and nowhere
High Admiral of VOID
Guild: VSR: Void Simmer Regime

Postby High Admiral of VOID » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 15:49

We need all of these right now. These are fantastic ideas.

Join VSR today!
We are in Kepler, and we have tons of jumpgates in many different galaxies, particularly K01.
sURo
Guild: [DT] & [III]

Postby sURo » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 12:14

Good suggestions from Danzo Shimura mind.
+1

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Rajam » Tue 01 Jan, 2019 01:42

If you want to make all planets equal then your really only talking about production. If that's the goal then make all planets the same metal (1, 2, 3, 5, whatever floats your boat).

But once that's done people will just *beep* about crystalline being too OP.

What this game really needs is paid base moving. There are plenty of open Astros but the cost of moving a base there is too high for the long term players to take advantage of it.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Wed 02 Jan, 2019 15:19

Rajam wrote:
Tue 01 Jan, 2019 01:42
If you want to make all planets equal then your really only talking about production. If that's the goal then make all planets the same metal (1, 2, 3, 5, whatever floats your boat).

But once that's done people will just *beep* about crystalline being too OP.

What this game really needs is paid base moving. There are plenty of open Astros but the cost of moving a base there is too high for the long term players to take advantage of it.
I agree with this. If you balance them then every base is the same. You end up with the same problem. Being able to move your bases would change up the game and make it much more exciting.

Return to “Feedback”