AE: Quality of life update?

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Strawbery J Retool
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2019 04:37

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Strawbery J Retool » Wed 02 Jan, 2019 19:39

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
fkn G-mail link... :boohoo: :biglaugh: man you just keep sucking money outa me don`t you.
it`s about quality of life, wonder if our player clone is keeping up at outer.
new lap top prototype soon.

the new role play is Big sooo big. :whisle: :paranoid: :boohoo:

IGG could be our foundations.

you guys still poor and bored.

i need to find 2 people.

that drunk Alucard and rommels. Jade server description applies only,

lol epic after the mods stopped neutering me all the time...

hey Bosses. I need my trash talk authorization. :think:

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:23

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby naethel » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 08:29

Make metal planets have 4 metal
Craters 2 crystals instead of 1
Toxic and Glacial planets could give an overall energy boost to your empire in matters of percentages

i just threw 3 random things, there are plenty of ways to make the other astros interesting without nerfing what already is best pick (rockies), fact is that 3/4 of community is too comfy with knowing that there is a no braino best pick and don’t wanna flex their minds on experimenting new astros, thats why i’d love if admins spit our a new version without necessarily changing the rules of the old servers, use 2.0 as blueprint but experiment on its variations on a new server instead of spitting the same game all over again

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)
User avatar
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 02:17
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Philosopher Cody » Sat 05 Jan, 2019 19:28

naethel wrote:
Fri 04 Jan, 2019 08:29
Make metal planets have 4 metal
Craters 2 crystals instead of 1
Toxic and Glacial planets could give an overall energy boost to your empire in matters of percentages

i just threw 3 random things, there are plenty of ways to make the other astros interesting without nerfing what already is best pick (rockies), fact is that 3/4 of community is too comfy with knowing that there is a no braino best pick and don’t wanna flex their minds on experimenting new astros, thats why i’d love if admins spit our a new version without necessarily changing the rules of the old servers, use 2.0 as blueprint but experiment on its variations on a new server instead of spitting the same game all over again
You still have not answered the legitmate concern about if you balance out the astros then why have different ones if they are all equal? If you leave them unequal you have not accomplished your goal of making people choose them. People are still going to choose the best astros. So if you make them equal then why have different ones to begin with?

Stop shifting the focus on what you think others might be feeling or just comfortable with. Explain how balancing out the astros will actually add anything meaningful to the game.

Right now under utilized astro types give me a spot to send scout ships and fleets where I can stage attacks from. Seems like a good of enough use for me.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:23

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby naethel » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 08:05

Rofl cody yeah then lets nerf every other astro so you can send your scouts cause no one colonizes them....damn just run a local version of ae pls and stop

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)
User avatar
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 02:17
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Philosopher Cody » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 14:23

naethel wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 08:05
Rofl cody yeah then lets nerf every other astro so you can send your scouts cause no one colonizes them....damn just run a local version of ae pls and stop
You are still not answering the question. Answer the question about why balancing them makes them meaningful. Until you do that you will not be taken seriously.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:23

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby naethel » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 07:41

Cause it makes no sense to have better or worse astros, it only dooms people doing a mistake on their first days of game, the astros that are here to NOT be used are 2: gas giants and roid belts, the others are here to be used and having just 1 (ONE!!) best astro type because there is one (ONE!!) only objective endgame which is produce fleet and goods is horrible! Have you ever played another game cody? There is no game that puts elements in its gameplay to NOT be used! Damn you want your no braino best choice cause you cant arse to re learn something? Amen good for you lets not change the astros on older servers, but new servers should experiment also on that, it might not be the problem that is making the game pop decline but its surely a ridiculous choice gameplay wise, and ir makes no sense to not adress it just cause its not the fatal wound..

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)
swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby swearengen » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 08:44

What they need to do is increase the boosts that the different ones offer.
Some are great for area others for energy,econ etc

Thing is because this is a war game and requires fleet
So production is most important

But i dont think even increasing a benefit to the other Astros will matter

User avatar
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 02:17
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 22:19

naethel wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 07:41
Cause it makes no sense to have better or worse astros, it only dooms people doing a mistake on their first days of game, the astros that are here to NOT be used are 2: gas giants and roid belts, the others are here to be used and having just 1 (ONE!!) best astro type because there is one (ONE!!) only objective endgame which is produce fleet and goods is horrible! Have you ever played another game cody? There is no game that puts elements in its gameplay to NOT be used! Damn you want your no braino best choice cause you cant arse to re learn something? Amen good for you lets not change the astros on older servers, but new servers should experiment also on that, it might not be the problem that is making the game pop decline but its surely a ridiculous choice gameplay wise, and ir makes no sense to not adress it just cause its not the fatal wound..
Likewise it makes no sense to make them all the same. If they are all balanced out to be equal to one another, then I do not have to think when selecting my next base. Astros being equal ends up with things being a no brainer. It is just the same as if metal 3 astros are considered the best and are thus a no brainer. The big difference is that new players do not know the game yet and sometimes pick a metal 1 or metal 2 astro and later regret their choice. Of course they can disband their base and rebuild it somewhere else but that places the player a good amount of time back as they have to rebuild.

Actually as the game progresses the astro choices you made do not seem to matter much. By the time you have played this game for a solid 10 years, metal 3 does not mean that much different from a metal 2. Actually metal 2 astros tend to have more area which can easily compensate for the lack of the metal.

If you want diversity read Michael Walzer and his Spheres of Justice. I doubt you would like his ideal system. If you want to fix the game and make combat the non dominate activity then fighting cannot be profitable. It is the fact that fighting can be used to acquire basically everything else in this game that makes it dominate. You use fleet to gain credits which credits give you tech, structures, commanders, and more fleet. Fleet is very easily converted into credits which is used to acquire everything else. I proposed an idea in the past to separate technology into its own currency which would be separate from credits and thus independent from fleet, but it was rejected.

If fighting did not make you credits, metal 3 vs metal 2 or metal 1 astros would not be an issue. More so if you broke other things off from fighting so that for example you earn technology in a different way than just spending credits to acquire it.

In the end you basically asking for a major game overhaul and rework. Which could be good, but I bet many of the current players would feel like the game is no longer true to its roots and would walk away from it. Without enough players new players would not see much of a point to join an empty game and they would most likely never hear about the game since there would be zero word of mouth.

User avatar
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 02:17
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 22:20

swearengen wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 08:44
What they need to do is increase the boosts that the different ones offer.
Some are great for area others for energy,econ etc

Thing is because this is a war game and requires fleet
So production is most important

But i dont think even increasing a benefit to the other Astros will matter
Correct it will not matter unless the game is massively overhauled. Once you play the game for a solid 10 years, the little differences do not really matter between the astros as they exist.

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00

Re: AE: Quality of life update?

Postby swearengen » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 03:03

Philosopher Cody wrote:
Tue 15 Jan, 2019 22:20
swearengen wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 08:44
What they need to do is increase the boosts that the different ones offer.
Some are great for area others for energy,econ etc

Thing is because this is a war game and requires fleet
So production is most important

But i dont think even increasing a benefit to the other Astros will matter
Correct it will not matter unless the game is massively overhauled. Once you play the game for a solid 10 years, the little differences do not really matter between the astros as they exist.
to players like us you are correct.

i dont think even a huge overhaul would save AE.


Return to “Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest