Unique Ships & Buildings (upd 7, RT demo)

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Erls
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Only the best
Galaxy: Nova

Re: Unique Ships & Buildings (toxic sorta ready)

Postby Erls » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:22

Name: Virad Gunship
Cost: 600
Atk: 60 (plasma)
Hulls: 60
Shield: 4
Hangar: 4
Speed: 4 (warp)
Shipyards: 14

With those stats, it does none of the above.

Basically, for 100 credits you get +12 power and armour sans tech bonuses and zero derbs. IE, its a complete waste. Well, I won't say that.. It would be very hard for a DS to shield rape one of these. But that is practically the only difference between this and a Heavy Cruiser.

LOVE/1st/SoT/DREAM/~HH~/KING Stream Killer
That's just bollocks and you know it. One-on-one you guys have proven time and again no one GUILD can compete against you. How is that gonna change when your recipe doesn't change.
Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User
Galaxy: Helion

Re: Unique Ships & Buildings (toxic sorta ready)

Postby Avadon » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:30

Hmm... maybe with a cost of 400 to make up for that? I was thinking that.

I have no respect for those who don't care about TRUTH. Not mine, not yours, but REAL truths.
The emotional opposition level of the game & forums is presently 98% - so WAKE UP AND CULL THE THORNS around yourselves.
Ferdoc
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: ZORAN is a GLOBAL DICTATOR!

Re: Unique Ships & Buildings (toxic pending final approval)

Postby Ferdoc » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 19:10

If you're going to do if for that reason a BS makes more sense; 3x armor, 3x power, 1.5x shields, 10x hanger and only -1 speed. for double the cost.

All in all this is a poorly done 'idea'.

Gotta love those death threats
Soubanth wrote:you're going to help him even if it kill you.
Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User

Postby Avadon » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 19:29

So sue me... I should be great with numbers, especially due to the grades I got in math so insanely long ago...
But the years haven't been kind to me.

Hmm... perhaps about 2x ALL stats over the HC and costing 100 less?

{edited there and here}

I have no respect for those who don't care about TRUTH. Not mine, not yours, but REAL truths.
The emotional opposition level of the game & forums is presently 98% - so WAKE UP AND CULL THE THORNS around yourselves.
Ferdoc
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ferdoc » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 19:48

Avadon wrote:I should be great with numbers, especially due to the grades I got in math so insanely long ago...

Hate to tell you this but it doesn't take the calculus sequence to do what I did just now to show how this unit is useless. If you want to blame time since you last too math as the problem that's your deal. It just means you can't do any sort of generic comparisons to determine basic effectiveness.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 19:51

I think he was referring to his grades in elementary school math. I doubt his high schooling was "so insanely long ago..."

Ferdoc
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ferdoc » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 20:04

Wlerin wrote:I think he was referring to his grades in elementary school math. I doubt his high schooling was "so insanely long ago..."

Eh, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Hey I got 2 oranges I'll see you for 1.99$. Much better than the 12 for 2.50$ you can get elsewhere, that costs WAY too much. I'ld save you 0.51$ !

Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User

Postby Avadon » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 20:41

I took statistics, my best math level was precalc. But I've lost it.
So... acceptible modifications?

Virad would have about 2x usual stats, 100 lower cost, but no derbs VS the HC.

Also, just curious, which one of mine do you like best so far?

Ferdoc
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ferdoc » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 21:05

Avadon wrote:I took statistics, my best math level was precalc. But I've lost it.
Both of which are YEARS above what you need to actually do what I did. Seeing as you fail to show rudimentary skill levels why should any change be considered acceptable at all?

Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User

Postby Avadon » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 22:19

I have been listening, just look how I am tweaking the virad's stats as an example to your reactions.

Look at the edits I made, and you will see.
Present changes: 100 less than HC, with about double the stats.

I always try to have an open mind.

Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User

Postby Avadon » Fri 01 Mar, 2013 00:28

May as well do ARID now.....

Arid Units

Kineticore
Cost: 15 + 1 maintenance
Specs: Inter Lazer
Atk: 2
Hulls: 2
Hangar: -1
Shipyards: 3
Techs: Laser 5, Computers 3, Armor 3.
Special: For each version of this unit, this unit's attack increases by .5%

Explain: A classic 'hive' unit from of old. The basis is to amass a horrific number of these, then decimate your enemy. The cost on making this is the TIME invovled. Even to balance the attack to cost ratio, you need to really amass a huge fleet of these forces. By the time they are ready, due to costs, the number of raids everyone else performed could have more than made up to their increased values.. though to a point. In this case, you need several million kinetics to turn a decent profit of 200%, and their armor would be horrible. (12 atk by then)

Desert Raid frigate
Cost: 200
Genre: Stellar Missle
Atk: 18
Armor: 22
Shields: 4
Fighters: 6
Speed: 6
Shipyards: 10
Techs: Missiles 10 + Stellar Drive 8 + Armour 8 + Computers 5 + Shields 5
Special: Cannot occupy. When this ship attacks, it takes no losses, but cannot move and has 0 attack afterwords for 12 hours once it returns.

Explain: A hit and run ship with recoil, basicly. The trick is to wait for it to attack, then nail it. But more than likely, such bases will have notable defenses. Useful, however, as it will
potentially save you some serious costs in the long run.

Zythos Hypercarrier
Cost: 12,000 + 18 credits per payday.
Genre: Warp Ion
Atk: ZERO!
Armor: 150
Shields:10
Fighters: INFINITY!!!!
Speed: 2
Yards: 18
Techs: Warp Drive 15 + Armour 22 + Shielding 18 + Artificial Intelligence 6
Special: Where present, allied fleets are automaticly detected, but gain 1% atk each to all their fighters.

Explain: Pretty much the ultimate carrier. No fighter limits, but slapped with a cost. But beware, as this ship needs heavy defenses, relying on fighters for its power. Basicly, it adds a mutli-dimensional array to the carrier principle, much like the tardis in doctor who. To make up for it's power, there is a new feature - maintenance.

Arid Buildings

Desert Turbine
Cost: 300
Popl: -1
Space: -1
Techs: Lazer 12, Energy 10, Computers 10.
Special: Generates 5 energy and 3 industry. All allied fighters also gain +1 attack, cumulative.

Explain: Just a simple energy source thats more efficient that the usual nuclear plants. Since it supports good industry, this makes the generator a very viable choice, allowing players to
support greater defenses on this planet.

Sanuvian Temple
Cost: 1500
Popl: -1
Energy: -1
Econ: 2
Techs: Computer 22, Energy 25, Armor 15, Warp Drive 12.
Special: Generates 15 RPS and boosts research rate by 5% each. Occupation benefits/penalties are reduced by 20% seperately for each version. Fighters and carriers are built 15% faster for each version of this as well.

Explain: This temple helps to support a good defensive and support role. Research, occupation, and fighters get a notable boost from this building, although it's expensive. Overall, however, it proves to be a useful utilitarian building versatille in supporting a wide range of tricks. Build this to deterr enemies, and consider the research benefits, thus.

Raider Camps
Popl: 3
Energy: -1
Econ: 2
Techs: Energy 5, Computers 8.
Special: Increases the occupation bonuses for your empire by 5% each and provides 1 occupation every 5th level.

Explain: Nothing too special. The raider camps will encourage more occupations. It also helps econ and population as well.
Last edited by Avadon on Tue 02 Apr, 2013 05:34, edited 10 times in total.

Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User

Re: Unique Ships & Buildings (full toxics, arid ships)

Postby Avadon » Fri 01 Mar, 2013 23:22

I know this is a major change for AE. Its to add more strategy to it.

Also, feel free to propose your versions of ships and builds.

Avadon
Suspended User
Suspended User

Re: Unique Ships & Buildings (upd 5, finished arid)

Postby Avadon » Sat 02 Mar, 2013 00:50

Oceanic Ships

Medical Cruiser
Specs: Warp Ion
Atk: 20
Armor: 30
Shields: 4
Hangars: 6
Speed: 3
Yards: 12
Techs: Computers 8 + Ion 5 + Warp Drive 3 + Armour 12 + Shielding 5
Special: In a defensive battle where this survives, Reduce the losses by 15% each, non-cum. Only works for ships that take 8 hangars and less.

Explain: hydroponic systems allow for very efficient medical practices. In reality, this can save lives, so it equates to ships. Although, this is simply a defensive cruizer that helps survival. Thus, its a good 'turtle' ship, especially when used in moderate numbers.

Ion Barranger
Cost: 3,000 + 35 credits maintenance
Genre: Warp Ion
Atk: 125
Armor: 200
Shield: 15
Fighters: 35
Speed: 3
Yards: 18
Techs: Ion 8 + Artificial Intelligence 5 + Warp Drive 9 + Armour 18 + Shielding 12
Special: Each version of this ship adds +1 to the shields of shielded ships.

Explain: The old barranger renamed, and slapped with a maintenance cost. Oceanic planets are nutorious for shield advantages, and this is a good capitol ship supporter. While weak, its defensive potentials make it a very practical choice for turtlers as well, albeit risky. Infact, it's a decisive edge for ion bombers due to their shield potentials.

Drone Fighter
Cost: 15
Specs: Inter Plasma
Atk: 2
Hulls: 4
Shields: 2
Hangar: -1
Shipyards: 5
Techs: Plasma 3, Computers 3, Armor 3, Shields 4.
Special: This ship has no bleed-through.

Oceanic Buildings

Naval Complex
Popl: *
Space: -2
Energy: -3
Techs: Shielding 5, Armor 8, Energy 15, Computers 15, Ion 12.
Special: Provides a 5% bonus to allied shields where present, plus adds rps equal to your fertility level.

Explain: A simple naval base used for habitation, research, and defense. Since it benefits from biospheres, this makes it a great reaserch building. Definitely build a lot of these buildings if you expect to stand a chance against others!

Deepsea Colony
Popl: +12
Space: -3
Energy: -5
Techs: Energy 15, Computers 15, Shields 12, Armor 12, Ion 12.
Special: For each version of this building, the 3 cheapest turrets destroyed will survive the battle.

Explain: Pretty much an oceanic living station connected by tubing. Its practicality comes in the form of a massive population gain and good defensive potentials. However, it costs hefty in space and energy to maintain. its a great way to develop a well-fortified research complex.

Ion Turbines
Cost: 3500
Popl: -2
Space: -3
Energy: +8
Techs: Energy 22, Computers 28, Shields 15, Armor 18, Ion 12, Plasma 5.
Special: Where present, up to 5 deepsea colonies only take 3 energy and 2 space. Also fully repairs up to 15 shielded ships in up to 24 hours each.

Explain: Pretty much an effective way to provide lifesupport for deespea colonies, and also useful for keeping ships alive as well. It makes the high costs for the builds viable. The plasma is for the internal heating systems in the turbines.
Last edited by Avadon on Sun 31 Mar, 2013 05:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ferdoc
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ferdoc » Sat 02 Mar, 2013 06:21

Avadon wrote:I have been listening, just look how I am tweaking the virad's stats as an example to your reactions.
There are MANY problems you fail to address; I will only touch on 2 of them.

1 - You keep shotgunning ideas with MASSIVE flaws in them and show no ability to put thought into the concept.
2 - you are still posting.

Solve those 2 problems and you'll be well on your way to providing a better FR.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sat 02 Mar, 2013 07:52

Ferdoc wrote:2 - you are still posting.
This problem has actually been solved, temporarily.

Return to “Feature Request”